Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Peter not the rock nor the first Pope

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It is a concept completely foreign to historical Christianity and was a novel and progressive idea invented by the progenitors of the various Protestant religions.
So what you are saying if I am hearing you right is that if we are not Catholic and do not recognize the Priest as the Holy Father and our mediator before God we will go to hell fire?

Why would God who created all the angels not know whether they had faith in Him or not. God has never been about man's theology, denomination, political affiliation or mission statement as God is all about our faith in Him and His son Christ Jesus.
And yet only the Philadelphian church is known and commended for their faith, none of the other six is. No, God has never been about those things, we are, because faith is inevitably reflected in those things. They don’t replace faith, they validate or invalidate your faith.

Those are some very odd statements. It is almost as if you do not realize that Jesus resides in your heart. You do know He's in there, right?
Last time I checked, Lord Jesus is in heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father (Acts 7:56), it’s the Holy Spirit that resides in our heart, and those two are NOT interchangeable. You know the Trinity is of three distinct persons, right?

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another..." - James 5:16
It helps when you give the full context.

The Prayer of Faith
Jas 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Jas 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
Jas 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Notice where I highlighted everything as being singular in the actions of just one person as it doesn't say the Catholic or even the Protestant Church, but that each one of us as an individual that has faith in God comes to Him on our own accord as we hear the Lord calling us to Him. It is God who heals us and it's only through God drawing us to Him that we confess to God alone of our sins and only God can forgive us our sin and save us. It's all about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that Spiritually guides us and protects us from the evil principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Even Jesus himself could not go above or add to and take away from what God gave Him to speak. Faith comes by hearing the word of God, not man's word. Why can we not all believe that which has already been written by the Prophets and Apostles.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

I get so fed up with the war between Catholic and Protestants of who is right or who is wrong. It's not about any mans religion with their doctrines, by-laws and creeds of their four walled church with a name attached to it as it has always been about our faith within the Trinity of being God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It's about our very soul in relationship to all three as salvation comes by no other then Christ Jesus and all Spiritual teaching comes only by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the rock of my salvation and the gates of hell can not prevail against the rock that is our very foundation of faith.

Psalms 62:1 To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

And yet only the Philadelphian church is known and commended for their faith, none of the other six is. No, God has never been about those things, we are, because faith is inevitably reflected in those things. They don’t replace faith, they validate or invalidate your faith.
Each one had a certain amount of faith, even if it was weak, but only the Church of Philadelphia needs to be the example for all of us to walk worthy of the Lord. It doesn't really matter if we agree or disagree at times because we are ever learning as I am so thankful to the Holy Spirit for working through others to correct me at times. What we need is to guard ourselves from the doctrines of devils that sneaks into many churches unaware. If we are not testing the spirits that teach us, then we will fall to all the false teachings that are out there that could cost us our very soul. Test the spirits according to 1John 4:1-6 to understand what is truth or error. Never follow a man's religion nor believe everything that comes from the pulpit as the spirit of Jezebel still runs rampant.

John 17:1-26 this is The High Priestly Prayer that Jesus prayed for those in this world that are His own.

Each one had a certain amount of faith, even if it was weak, but only the Church of Philadelphia needs to be the example for all of us to walk worthy of the Lord. It doesn't really matter if we agree or disagree at times because we are ever learning as I am so thankful to the Holy Spirit for working through others to correct me at times. What we need is to guard ourselves from the doctrines of devils that sneaks into many churches unaware. If we are not testing the spirits that teach us, then we will fall to all the false teachings that are out there that could cost us our very soul. Test the spirits according to 1John 4:1-6 to understand what is truth or error. Never follow a man's religion nor believe everything that comes from the pulpit as the spirit of Jezebel still runs rampant.
Yeah, There’re always tares among the wheats, even the two good churches have infiltrators (those who say they’re Jews but are not), and oftentimes these bad influence along with their false doctrines get into our heads without our awareness, I was duped by the Pentecostal Oneness theology. If we keep telling and reaffirming ourselves that we have a “direct line” to God, and keep dialing to him through prayer and meditation, what really happens is us being trapped in our own information bubble. That’s why God corrects us through others, even though we’re supposed to have this “direct line”. Evil thoughts accumulate in our hearts like dirt deposit in a puddle, it is necessary to have flush it out with fresh input.

Last time I checked, Lord Jesus is in heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father (Acts 7:56), it’s the Holy Spirit that resides in our heart, and those two are NOT interchangeable. You know the Trinity is of three distinct persons, right?
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Most assuredly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. (Jn. 6:53-56)

Yeah, There’re always tares among the wheats, even the two good churches have infiltrators (those who say they’re Jews but are not), and oftentimes these bad influence along with their false doctrines get into our heads without our awareness, I was duped by the Pentecostal Oneness theology. If we keep telling and reaffirming ourselves that we have a “direct line” to God, and keep dialing to him through prayer and meditation, what really happens is us being trapped in our own information bubble. That’s why God corrects us through others, even though we’re supposed to have this “direct line”. Evil thoughts accumulate in our hearts like dirt deposit in a puddle, it is necessary to have flush it out with fresh input.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We are to abide in Christ, not man.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Notice it says the anointing which you have personally received that you need not any man teach you. Only the Holy Spirit can teach us all truths.

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We are to assemble ourselves together with those who are of faith and like minded in Christ and what He has already taught. I do not go to any church anymore, but I consider my assembling is in these forums as I have learnt much from those who have more Spiritual knowledge then I have. There is no such thing as a perfect church anymore as so many have become a place of a socially politically correct and acceptable word of God that only tickles the ear, but yet void of Spiritual learning. All that matters is that we are fed truth only through the Holy Spirit working through those who have been called and anointed by the Holy Spirit to teach us all truths.

Most assuredly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. (Jn. 6:53-56)
So, how is it you can eat His actual flesh and drink His actual blood? Do you think that Jesus pealed of His skin and drained a cup of blood to give to the Disciples to eat and drink?

Last time I checked, Lord Jesus is in heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father (Acts 7:56), it’s the Holy Spirit that resides in our heart, and those two are NOT interchangeable.
You need to check again...

Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. (2 Co 13:5)​

You know the Trinity is of three distinct persons, right?
Just as it is impossible to merge the three, it is impossible to separate the three. That's why it's impossible to exclude any of them from residency in our hearts...
  • God the Father lives in us -- Ephesians 4:6, 2 Corinthians 6:16, and 1 John 4:12-16
  • God the Son lives in us -- Romans 8:10, Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 3:17, and Colossians 1:27
  • God the Holy Spirit lives in us -- 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Timothy 1:14, and James 4:5
Also...
  • Romans 8:11 says, “The Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead” lives in us.
  • 1 Corinthians 3:16 and Ephesians 4:30 say the “Spirit of God” lives in us.
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:8 says God has “given us His Holy Spirit.”
  • Galatians 4:6 says, “God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son” to live in us.
  • Romans 8:9 says the “Spirit of God” and the “Spirit of Christ” live in us.
And...

In John 14:23, Jesus said that after His resurrection, He and His Father would come and make our hearts their home.

So, how is it you can eat His actual flesh and drink His actual blood? Do you think that Jesus pealed of His skin and drained a cup of blood to give to the Disciples to eat and drink?
It proves the axiom, "You are what you eat". Jesus has in Him the nutrient, "eternal life". And it is not metabolized. Therefore, since it is not metabolized, if you eat Jesus, you have eternal life.

And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. (1 Jn 5:11–12)​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back