Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Purpose of Life?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tabuck

Does the bible talk about or mention “why we are here?” “what's the point of life” also, you hear a lot “God loves you “ All perfect being that forgives our sins, ETC.

But you hear very little on, “why and what does that mean”. How does the fact that God loves me help me in my every day life? Seems like I still have to figure this out on my own regardless if God loves me or not. And what am I doing herein the first place?

Seems to me these are more important questions and ideas, then if God exists and forgives me for my sin or not. I would not have sin if I was not here in the first place? Great if God loves me but not sure what I supposed to do with that? Seems if he loves me or not my life is the same. I still have to figure out how to survive this world and take care of my family, either way? and If god loved me why am i not in heaven what is this whole earth thing about?

And that's a sincere question, not really looking for a debate or to argue

Thanks for all the responses. I just have a follow up question. Does GOD have direct influence on our lifes? As and example, help get the job we wanted or open a door or close one in our life's path? or is it more he gives us the tools and will power and we are on our own to figure it all out, sort of thing? And is there any writings of this?
I feel that He does both.
God intervened on Joseph's behalf in Egypt, and then again later, for Joe's family's sake.
But there was no intervention on Stephen's part while Stephen used the tools provided by God to get his point across to those who tried him. (Acts 6 &7)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back