Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do I have lustful intent for a married women? NO
Apparently by your own testimony you think it's not possible so you do.
The sin according to Jesus is lustful intent for any person , married or single ?
The ability to never have a Lustful thought towards another person is a very new phenomena that I had never heard boasted of prior to the ability to boast of it in complete anonymity on the internet .
The ability to publicly claim never sinning just happening to coincide with ability to do so anonymous on the internet does make me suspicious I do admit .
Had you ever heard anyone boast of never sinning before the internet made doing so in complete anonymity possible ?
Where ?
It is only human nature to be curious about something so rare being boasted of in complete anonymity on the internet .
Wouldn't you agree ?
Or do you also have the extremely rare ability to believe everything that is claimed on the internet ?

There was a time I believed with certainty and did love Him but did but have the Spirit of Christ in me as I was baptized as an infant and did not receive the Spirit in that baptism. I called on the Lord for that gift and made a firm commitment to Him at that time. Its as if He was waiting patiently on me than saw my heart's desire and stated "come". That was a very long time ago as men live. So, to answer your question "since I was born of God".
I hate it when folks won't answer directly.
It makes it look like you have something to hide.

The sin according to Jesus is lustful intent for any person , married or single ?
Is that a question ?
Had you started your sentence with an "IS", the answer would be YES.
The ability to never have a Lustful thought towards another person is a very new phenomena that I had never heard boasted of prior to the ability to boast of it in complete anonymity on the internet .
It can be referenced in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
So what you term a "boast", is actually testimony of the effects of water baptism into Christ's death and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-7)
The ability to publicly claim never sinning just happening to coincide with ability to do so anonymous on the internet does make me suspicious I do admit .
As the answer is just a response to those who claim man can never cease from sin, it is the logical conclusion.
Had you ever heard anyone boast of never sinning before the internet made doing so in complete anonymity possible ?
Where ?
I have, as it was they who showed me all about it.
Faith cometh by hearing, and I heard it from them...in 1977.
It is only human nature to be curious about something so rare being boasted of in complete anonymity on the internet .
Wouldn't you agree ?
Were it presented as a boast, I might agree.
As it is stated as fact, perhaps your curiosity will lead you to the same heart felt obedience in Christ.
I can at least hope so.
Or do you also have the extremely rare ability to believe everything that is claimed on the internet ?
Is that even an ability ?
Sounds more like a disability.

It can be referenced in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
So what you term a "boast", is actually testimony of the effects of water baptism into Christ's death and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-7)
"they" is not an individual boasting vainly of themselves as is done here on the internet, which is specifically what I pointed out
Try to stay on point.

Just try to name any well known person by name on earth today who says " I never sin " ?
Just as it is boasted of here all the time on the internet anonymously and in secret .
You can't do it .

"they" is not an individual boasting vainly of themselves as is done here on the internet, which is specifically what I pointed out
Try to stay on point.

Just try to name any well known person by name on earth today who says " I never sin " ?
Just as it is boasted of here all the time on the internet anonymously and in secret .
You can't do it .
Of course they cannot do it.

These people have sin in their lives whether they admit it or not.

No one is without sin.

Regenerated humans have sin in their lives.

This is Biblical fact.

They will deny anything Paul has taught about himself and sin and twist the Scriptures.

It truly is sad.

Try to stay on point.
I am just showing that it is possible to live without lusting.
I can name a church full of them.
Can you name one person who obeys God all the time ?
You can't do it .
I have yet to see anyone boasting of what God accomplished through Jesus Christ's death nd resurrection.
Why do you think obedience to God is impossible ?

No one is without sin.

This is Biblical fact.

They will deny anything Paul has taught about himself and sin and twist the Scriptures.

It truly is sad.
It is not a "bible fact".
It is a "fact of/by the disobedient".

No one is without sin.

This is Biblical fact.

It truly is sad.
Amen
So much to learn from Paul's experience that must is written off in the delusion that being a new creation in Christ does not mean a spiritual growing process only finalized the day that we see Him and are then fully like Him, but it means boasting that you are now bullet proof to sin.
1Co 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

The worst suffering that Jesus said that Paul would feel had nothing to do with the Physical.
Of being beaten , shipwrecked , imprisoned ,whipped
Act 9:16
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

To the physical mal-treatment Paul was indeed bullet proof:
Phl 4:11
I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

The " great suffering " Jesus was telling Paul he would feel was spiritual not physical.
It was the sting of sin done not in ignorance & unbelief , but the most painful kind of sin , done in spite of belief and with knowledge That Jesus was telling Paul he would suffer .
Making him feel chief of sinners .
Though sin would never have the final victory over Paul as it never will have the final victory over anyone in Christ , Jesus let Paul know he would suffer being deeply wounded & scarred by a battle or two with sin.

Just like the greatest suffering Peter ever felt was due the sin he committed not in unbelief & ignorance , but sin he committed in his belief and knowledge of Christ being the Son of the living God
Mat 26:75
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Jesus likewise let Paul know , just like he did Peter that he would feel the sting of sin.
And though we are not told what the sin was we know from Paul's own mouth He felt the sting of that sin:

Rom 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Peter's sentiments as well I'm sure after he lied three times & denied the Lord.

Amen
So much to learn from Paul's experience that must is written off in the delusion that being a new creation in Christ does not mean a spiritual growing process only finalized the day that we see Him and are then fully like Him, but it means boasting that you are now bullet proof to sin.
1Co 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

The worst suffering that Jesus said that Paul would feel had nothing to do with the Physical.
Of being beaten , shipwrecked , imprisoned ,whipped
Act 9:16
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

To the physical mal-treatment Paul was indeed bullet proof:
Phl 4:11
I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

The " great suffering " Jesus was telling Paul he would feel was spiritual not physical.
It was the sting of sin done not in ignorance & unbelief , but the most painful kind of sin , done in spite of belief and with knowledge That Jesus was telling Paul he would suffer .
Making him feel chief of sinners .
Though sin would never have the final victory over Paul as it never will have the final victory over anyone in Christ , Jesus let Paul know he would suffer being deeply wounded & scarred by a battle or two with sin.

Just like the greatest suffering Peter ever felt was due the sin he committed not in unbelief & ignorance , but sin he committed in his belief and knowledge of Christ being the Son of the living God
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Jesus likewise let Paul know , just like he did Peter that he would feel the sting of sin.
And though we are not told what the sin was we know from Paul's own mouth He felt the sting of that sin:

Rom 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Peter's sentiments as well I'm sure after he lied three times & denied the Lord.

Straining Toward the Goal
Philippians 3:12-16 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way; and if in anything you think differently, God will reveal that also to you. However, let us keep walking in step with the same standard to which we have attained.

Paul denied perfectionism by calling us to pursue a prize that can be fully obtained only in heaven. He confessed that he himself had not reached perfection—and he wrote to the Philippians nearly thirty years after his conversion! He was perhaps the most committed Christian who ever lived. If after thirty years he wasn’t perfect, certainly none of us should claim to be.

Straining Toward the Goal
Philippians 3:12-16 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way; and if in anything you think differently, God will reveal that also to you. However, let us keep walking in step with the same standard to which we have attained.

Paul denied perfectionism by calling us to pursue a prize that can be fully obtained only in heaven. He confessed that he himself had not reached perfection—and he wrote to the Philippians nearly thirty years after his conversion! He was perhaps the most committed Christian who ever lived. If after thirty years he wasn’t perfect, certainly none of us should claim to be.
So have I, but whatever one accuses me of they accuse the Apostles of as well as I have received the very same Spirit.

It's clear to me.
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

So have I, but whatever one accuses me of they accuse the Apostles of as well as I have received the very same Spirit.

It's clear to me.
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.
Define "continue in sin" as opposed to committing a sin ?

Define "continue in sin" as opposed to committing a sin ?
Its does not continue to sin. Not continues to sin.
"keeps on sinning"-does NOT
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

I guess its how far you sift to state what is sin is the difference seen.

These commands can be kept unless you are suggesting the Apostles were sinners.

You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.

Abstain from sexual immorality.

Love your neighbor as your self. - I imagine everyone in this is not 100% perfect 100% of the time in this. I'm still working towards this perfection. Do I go out of my way to help everyone who needs help 100% everyday? NO

Its does not continue to sin. Not continues to sin.
"keeps on sinning"-does NOT
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
So what is your opinion of Peter's fate today ?
The man Jesus spent three years with in His ministry , a man who Jesus said had revelation from God the Father in him , and then did something you would never do, continued in sin, lying as a believer in Jesus the Son of The Living God , not once. not twice , but three times ?
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly

Where is Peter today in your opinion ?
You being much gooder than Peter we know , because you told us so .

The man Jesus spent three years with in His ministry , a man who Jesus said had revelation from God the Father in him , and then did something you would never do, continued in sin, lying as a believer in Jesus the Son of The Living God , not once. not twice , but three times ?
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly

What did Peters Lord state? That was before Pentecost and the Lord's resurrection. Thomas doubted. Cleopas and his companion on the road to Emmaus didn't understand fully until the risen Lord revealed Himself to them, but I expect from that point forward they remained in the faith.

But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

I think Peter was very afraid for His life and lied as we know he knew Jesus. I think God allowed this for Peters good not harm. "Refined in the fire" It humbled Peter to know how much God loves all just as Peter stated about the Spirit given to Cornelius and Peter would not make the same mistake twice as we believe He was killed because of His testimony about Jesus.

You believe Christians still sin? How many times? Once a week ? once a month? What kinds of Sins do you see being committed? This states they keep on sinning. They are still slaves to sin.

Let's take you. Do you steel? Do you hate? Are you sexual immoral? Do you or did you honor your parents? Do you commit adultery? Do you bare false witness of others? Can one who has the Spirit of Christ in them and NOT know Jesus lives? Do you commit fraud? etc. etc. You must see a difference in how you live vs those who belong to this world.

God's Spirit "remains" in you. Jesus gave you, not will give you, eternal life and you will never perish. No one can snatch you out of His hands. Its His Fathers will to lose none that the Father has given Him but raise them up on the last day. The only exception was Judas so that the scriptures would be fulfilled.

The line drawn is "born again". So at that point one has overcome the world.

It's clear to me.
So have you what?

Paul did not attain perfectionism, he was the chief of sinners and struggled with sin. Romans 7:14ff

What did Peters Lord state? That was before Pentecost and the Lord's resurrection. Thomas doubted. Cleopas and his companion on the road to Emmaus didn't understand fully until the risen Lord revealed Himself to them, but I expect from that point forward they remained in the faith.

But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

I think Peter was very afraid for His life and lied as we know he knew Jesus. I think God allowed this for Peters good not harm. "Refined in the fire" It humbled Peter to know how much God loves all just as Peter stated about the Spirit given to Cornelius and Peter would not make the same mistake twice as we believe He was killed because of His testimony about Jesus.

You believe Christians still sin? How many times? Once a week ? once a month? What kinds of Sins do you see being committed? This states they keep on sinning. They are still slaves to sin.

Let's take you. Do you steel? Do you hate? Are you sexual immoral? Do you or did you honor your parents? Do you commit adultery? Do you bare false witness of others? Can one who has the Spirit of Christ in them and NOT know Jesus lives? Do you commit fraud? etc. etc. You must see a difference in how you live vs those who belong to this world.

God's Spirit "remains" in you. Jesus gave you, not will give you, eternal life and you will never perish. No one can snatch you out of His hands. Its His Fathers will to lose none that the Father has given Him but raise them up on the last day. The only exception was Judas so that the scriptures would be fulfilled.

The line drawn is "born again". So at that point one has overcome the world.
So you do not need chastisement fro the Lord?

Since you are perfect, you do not go through trials or temptaions to strengthen your faith and continuous sanctification?

Is this correct?

Betraying the one He believed & Trusted is the Living Son of God & Savior , was time sensitive in being able to repent in your theology .
Really?
The critical issue being Peter was lucky enough to betray Him He knew to be God incarnate & Savior on the right day of the month .
You really think that was the concern of Peter after he fell ?
Did my sin meet the required time deadline for God's Love & Mercy to accept my repentance
A by the cold hard numbers God is the God you have made for yourself I see
You are a legalist worthy of being a Pharisee .
You didn't know that The Son of God's Power to forgive sin was not confined or constrained by anything while He walked the earth :
Luk 7:48
And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Betraying the one He believed & Trusted is the Living Son of God & Savior , was time sensitive in being able to repent in your theology .
Really?
The critical issue being Peter was lucky enough to betray Him He knew to be God incarnate & Savior on the right day of the month .
You really think that was the concern of Peter after he fell ?
Did my sin meet the required time deadline for God's Love & Mercy to accept my repentance
A by the cold hard numbers God is the God you have made for yourself I see
You are a legalist worthy of being a Pharisee .
You didn't know that The Son of God's Power to forgive sin was not confined or constrained by anything while He walked the earth :
Luk 7:48
And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
I am a legalist worthy of a Pharisee? You appear to be the one judging me by a comment made that you misconstrued.
You might want to read TOS again. Not allowed.
I didn't know that the Son of God's Power to forgive sin is not bound? I think I am well aware of Jesus's authority to forgive sin at Will.

Not time sensitive but He received the Spirit of Christ in Him at Pentecost. As in born from above.

I know Satan was not able to snatch Peter out of Jesus's hands for Jesus prayed that his faith might not fail. Jesus kept Him safe.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back