Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

“Never assume the obvious is true.” ― William Safire

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Whatever

I've noticed that all non-Calvinists are non-Calvinists because they assume the obvious is true.

A command proves the ability to obey. Seems obvious

God doesn't create people just to damn them. Seems obvious

God never violates a person's free will. Seems obvious (well, not to me)

God gives those who never heard the gospel a second chance after death. Not necessarily obvious but seems fair.

If nobody can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them, then the Father draws everybody. Not necessarily obvious but seems fair.

It is unfair for God to choose some for salvation but not others. Seems obvious

God created Heaven and Earth thinking nothing bad would happen. Seems obvious

I've noticed that all non-Calvinists are non-Calvinists because they assume the obvious is true.

A command proves the ability to obey. Seems obvious

God doesn't create people just to damn them. Seems obvious

God never violates a person's free will. Seems obvious (well, not to me)

God gives those who never heard the gospel a second chance after death. Not necessarily obvious but seems fair.

If nobody can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them, then the Father draws everybody. Not necessarily obvious but seems fair.

It is unfair for God to choose some for salvation but not others. Seems obvious

God created Heaven and Earth thinking nothing bad would happen. Seems obvious
So God is not fair to the non-calvinist?

So God is not fair to the non-calvinist?
No, non-Calvinists think that the God Calvinists believe in is not fair.
To them it is obvious that God must be fair, so their God that "gives everybody- a chance to be saved" is fair.
But Calvinists do not see that "fair" God in the Bible.

The Jews surrounded Jericho for 7 days without giving them a chance to surrender and be saved. Then wiped them out.

To them it is obvious that God must be fair, so their God that "gives everybody- a chance to be saved" is fair.
But Calvinists do not see that "fair" God in the Bible.

The Jews surrounded Jericho for 7 days without giving them a chance to surrender and be saved. Then wiped them out.

That is what I meant.

Apologies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back