Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Born Again…Express your Honest Definition

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

834m3r

Hi I am looking for some feedback on everyone’s view of what it means to be born again so I can express and promote the gospel with more valuable knowledge but also simplicity.

Is it right to say:

The first birth is being born into life and the pattern of life inherited from coming out of the womb.

The second birth is when you call on Jesus, ask to be forgiven, and believe in Him.

At First God was on the outside, but now with The Holy Spirit and Jesus Indwelt:
God is Inside you and on the outside too…
And you have a relationship with the one who made you saved you and will forever love you.

Tell me your thoughts - Beamer

Hi I am looking for some feedback on everyone’s view of what it means to be born again so I can express and promote the gospel with more valuable knowledge but also simplicity.

Is it right to say:

The first birth is being born into life and the pattern of life inherited from coming out of the womb.

The second birth is when you call on Jesus, ask to be forgiven, and believe in Him.

At First God was on the outside, but now with The Holy Spirit and Jesus Indwelt:
And you have a relationship with the one who made you saved you and will forever love you.

Hey All,
834m3r , you answered quite well.
So you are familiar with John 3.
Verse 16 explains the benefits of being born again.
You put Revelation 3:20 in proper perspective.
So what are you asking about?
I do not see any major issues with the way you explained it.
Perhaps pursue the topic presenting the similarities and differences between the two births.
The first you have no control or say about it.
The second birth, God grants us the ability to receive or reject.
Why is that?
He's God.
He could force us to believe.
Who could stop Him?
But He doesn't.
God allows receiving the gospel, or rejection of same.

Try that for a study.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

You know, the Gospel, at its core, is a Person: Jesus Christ. If you want to express well the Gospel, simply live in daily fellowship with him. Nothing evangelizes better than a life from which Christ shines brightly. Too often, though, evangelism isn't about Christ but about "saving souls" which is silly since there are no saved souls without the Savior. (1 John 5:11-13; John 1:1-4; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5)

Is it right to say:

The "second birth" is a spiritual birth accomplished by the Holy Spirit who gives new spiritual life to all who trust in Christ as their Savior and submit themselves to him as Lord (Romans 10:9-10; Titus 3:5; Romans 8:9-16; John 3:3-7).

The "second birth" is preceded by repentance (changing your mind about yourself, your sin, and need of a Savior - Acts 3:19; John 8:32; Romans 10:13-14), trusting in Christ (which is to trust the Good News about him and what he's done for us on the cross - 2 Timothy 1:12; John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 5:21), and confession of our sin (which is the natural consequence of repentance and trust in Christ - 1 John 1:9; Psalms 66:18; James 4:6-10)

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9). If we have the Spirit within us, we have Christ within us. But we don't have both the Holy Spirit and the literal, physical Christ dwelling within us. Christ the Son is seated at the right hand of God the Father, our Advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1; Romans 8:34); he is not dwelling within you and I.

John 16:7
7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

In any case, yes, God is within the born-again person in the Person of the Holy Spirit and also outside of the believer, imminent in Creation and dwelling in heaven.

Is it right to say:

It was Nicodemus who spoke—and in friendly jest—of being ‘born again’, not Jesus, but the latter has stuck since the KJV—I'd ditch it completely as misunderstanding. Jhn.3:3 (Tyndale: anew), being capable of two conclusions, tested Nicodemus, who took it the wrong way (as physically born again), and was corrected by Jesus who’d meant spiritual birth (ie born from above). The sequence was probing ambiguity (Jesus), misinterpretation (Nicodemus), disambiguation (Jesus).

As to its meaning, once we twig that Nicodemus was already in God’s Sinai kingdom, we can see allusion to a new kingdom on messiah’s mind, God’s messianic kingdom (the church). That Nicodemus couldn’t twig that, surprised Jesus simply because Nicodemus was a leading rabbi, and the OT had prophesied a spiritual birth and new covenant (eg Ezk.36:26—water/spirit; Jr.31:31).

In short, even those within Sinai could not enter the messianic kingdom/community, unless the spirit opened it up to them, gave them eyes to see. The other main picture used by the NT to convey this familial picture of being children of the father, siblings of the son, is adoption (Paul).

I agree that such birth/entrance is through faith-welcome of Jesus as the way to the father (Jhn.14:6), and that there is a metaphorical sense in which we may truly picture God’s spirit as indwelling us if we have welcomed Jesus in this way (Jhn.1:12). We are not of course indwelt in a Star Wars’ sense such as a surgeon or chemist could locate.

SALVATION – delivered from sin, promise of our welfare

Salvation means to be whole mind, body and soul as we surrender our will to God and allow his will to work in our lives by applying Gods word to every aspect of our lives. This allows us to know the mind of Christ and all the promises of God for our own well being so we can face anything that tries to come against us while here on this earth so we can triumph and be victorious through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Grace pardons us and mercy loves us unconditionally. Let’s start with the conversation of Jesus and Nicodemus to get a better understanding of what it is to be born again and how to shed this old sin nature through repentance and then we will move on to learn how grace and mercy works in our lives.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
John 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus was teaching Nicodemus that it was a Spiritual rebirth or renewal of our spirit that through Gods spoken word we can reconcile our past sins through repentance to be made sinless again before God. We are all born with a sin nature because of sin being introduced into the world through Satan’s deceit when he told Eve it was alright to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil even though God forbid them to eat of it. Our flesh will always sin because that is our nature and God can not see our flesh because of our sins nor can he hear the prayers of a sinner.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Sin separates us from God because God is a spirit and can only recognize his own children by what spirit is living in their hearts. We have to renew, rebirth - born again, Gods Spirit within us in order to be called a child of God and see the kingdom of heaven. We now put off the old man (flesh) and put on the new man (Spirit). We are renewed by the word of God and through the Holy Spirit teaching us of all things.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Colossians 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Colossians 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

We now have an intercessor (Jesus) who sits at the right hand of the Father and hears our confession that we are sinners and need his salvation as we believe in our heart that he was truly sent from God as the living word that we can indeed become righteous again not of our own righteousness, but that righteousness that is God whom through his Spirit is promised to dwell in us. All we have to do is believe and confess that we are sinners and allow Gods righteousness to cleanse us and renew our spirit man. Jesus wants us to come as we are and allow him to make the changes that need made in our hearts. People want to clean the fish before they catch them, but Jesus says come as you are I will clean you from the inside out.

John 10:9 I am the door, if any man enter in, he shall be saved.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto
the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:9, 10 if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in his heart that God has raised him from the dead thou shall be saved. Vs.10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is not by our works or good deeds that save us for if that was all it would take then Gods word would be made void in our lives and Jesus would have died in vain, but because we are all sinners, it is by Gods grace and mercy that forgives our sins and washes us clean by the atoning blood of the Lamb (Jesus) so we can be made renewed again and free from our old sin nature.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;
Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

John 1:12-13 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

It was Nicodemus who spoke—and in friendly jest—of being ‘born again’, not Jesus, but the latter has stuck since the KJV—I'd ditch it completely as misunderstanding. Jhn.3:3 (Tyndale: anew), being capable of two conclusions, tested Nicodemus, who took it the wrong way (as physically born again), and was corrected by Jesus who’d meant spiritual birth (ie born from above). The sequence was probing ambiguity (Jesus), misinterpretation (Nicodemus), disambiguation (Jesus).

As to its meaning, once we twig that Nicodemus was already in God’s Sinai kingdom, we can see allusion to a new kingdom on messiah’s mind, God’s messianic kingdom (the church). That Nicodemus couldn’t twig that, surprised Jesus simply because Nicodemus was a leading rabbi, and the OT had prophesied a spiritual birth and new covenant (eg Ezk.36:26—water/spirit; Jr.31:31).

In short, even those within Sinai could not enter the messianic kingdom/community, unless the spirit opened it up to them, gave them eyes to see. The other main picture used by the NT to convey this familial picture of being children of the father, siblings of the son, is adoption (Paul).

I agree that such birth/entrance is through faith-welcome of Jesus as the way to the father (Jhn.14:6), and that there is a metaphorical sense in which we may truly picture God’s spirit as indwelling us if we have welcomed Jesus in this way (Jhn.1:12). We are not of course indwelt in a Star Wars’ sense such as a surgeon or chemist could locate.
Hey All,
834m3r, the King James Bible did not get it wrong. Jesus, in verse 3 is the person to mention being "born again."

John 3:3-4 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

So there is nothing wrong with using the term "born again" in reference to a saved person.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

834m3r, the King James Bible did not get it wrong. Jesus, in verse 3 is the person to mention being "born again."

Other than sparing KJV blushes, I really don’t see much reason to defend its reading here. I still recall my own blushes having to explain to work colleagues that by ‘born again’ I did NOT mean reincarnation. With a few more years under my belt I can understand their obvious misunderstanding. But to try to cover in that pitfall lest others stumble in, I’ll cover matters a little more.

Had Nicodemus simply misunderstood that phrase, his blushes might have been spared, but Jesus had used another phrase—γεννηθη ανωθεν; to add reincarnation to it you’d get ‘born again’; to add OT to it you’d get ‘born a new way, from above’. Nicodemus added the wrong background, Egypt instead of Sinai. That is why Jesus expanded (5-7). On this dialogue, of more UpToDate versions we can see the RSV scoring A+, the CEB A, the NRSV A-; the NABRE B+; the EOB B; the NET B-; the ISV C; the NCB D+; the KJV U+; the CJB U- (so https://archive.org/details/the-words-gone-global-exploring-bible-versions-2017-231024/mode/1up pp197-8).

But since some rubbish out of court and unheard—usually on third-party hearsay—these more recent versions, let me go back a few years. The C16 English Versions being uncharted in the book above, I’ve just now checked them on Jhn.3:3,4,7 for what I’ll call the ABC sequence of ambiguity (3), gaffe (4), disambiguation (7). For to see a little deeper, it really does help to see that it was only Nicodemus who played the born-again line, and that it is not Jesus’ meaning.

From the C16 I’d say that Geneva/Bishops/Reims were rubbish, all flattening out the wordplay (BBB). Slightly better the KJV by not having Nicodemus use exactly the same expression (B∅B). The best of the rest were Tyndale/Coverdale/Matthew, since they limited the ‘born again’ to the chump Nicodemus, and fed him from the start the ambiguity of ‘born anew’ (ABA). The Great, though it limited the ‘born again’ to the chump Nicodemus, from the start fed him the answer of ‘born from above’ (CBC). I have at least shown that Bible translation offered varied, of which the C17 KJV was but one voice.

To test Nicodemus, Jesus served up a purposely ambiguous born anew. Smiling, Nicodemus returned a ‘you cannot be serious’ born again, to which Jesus volleyed with spiritual birth you ninny. Game, set, and match. All good fun of course, and Nicodemus would remain an honest spectator until Yeshua, overcoming Death, proved himself God’s champion. Something like this would serve: [Jesus] Only those who are born anew can see God’s kingdom. [Nicodemus] How can an old person be born [again]? Surely they can’t re-enter their mother’s womb and be born a second time? [Jesus] …Don’t be surprised that I said to you, “You must be born from above.”

In short, A (3) must allow the misunderstanding B (4) but pan out as C (7) or revert to A (3). Anōthen is from anō, has the primary meaning of ‘above’ (Jhn.3:31; 8:23; Ac.2:19), but could double for beginning/‌source (Ac.26:3). It’s a little like just saying, “born another”, which might mean “born another of the same kind, ie again”, or “born another of a different kind, eg spiritually”. That John captured this range of meaning underlines how even the leading rabbinic lights were fuzzy as to biblical prophecies of spiritual birth being a special feature of the messianic age. So, the term ‘born again’—a second birth of the same kind—was friendly Nicodemean wit, but wasn’t what Jesus had said and failed the test.

This is a crucial text on spiritual life. Evangelicalism, from eu-angelion, means Good Newsism, and Born Again is its defining term. For some it’s a holy cow, some fundamentally differentiating between Christians, and Born Again Christians. The Nicodemean bit (4) in itself requires but a small change in expression (7). That done, change should go deeper. Nicodemus was being primed that though he was in God’s earthly kingdom, by human birth (1 Chr.28:5; Ex.19:6), not even ethnic Jews could be in God’s messianic kingdom, except by spiritual birth consequent to the cross. That would be the only kingdom that spiritually mattered.

Incidentally, for 1 Pt.1:23, from Tyndale through Bishops, all had ‘born anew’, until the Roman Catholic Rheims, which was followed here by the KJV—another KJV blush.

Is it right to say:

Paul describes the born again experience in Eph. 2:5, "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"

Some people claim that God doesn't force us to believe, but I differ with that, since God did force me to believe, even though I hated Him and tried forcing myself to believe contrarily. There is a difference in faith between those born again and those not born again, and Paul calls them "spiritual man" and "natural man" in 1 Cor. 2. It has to do with whether or not someone understands and spiritually appraises the gospel as something which must be obeyed. 2 Cor. 10:4 says that unbelievers (those not born again) have their spiritual eyes blinded, and can't see the truth about the gospel. So someone's spiritual eyes first have to be opened by God for them to see clearly, because the gospel is a spiritual matter.

1 John 5:1 says, "Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." "Born of God" means born again, which also means "born from above", since the Grk word is "anothen." But John's statement is NOT about HOW to get born again, but is a statement about WHO is born again. The WHO is "everyone who believes..." It's a statement about how to know that you have been born again. Do you believe? If "yes," then "I'm born of God." This is how we anchor our identity in God.

There is much more to this than stated here.

Born Again…Express your Honest Definition​

Regeneration/”Born Again”/New Creature/Spiritually Alive/New Nature/Baptized in the Spirit

Regeneration is the instantaneous impartation of eternal life by the Holy Spirit to the spiritually dead; it is to be “born again”… it is to be a new creation, renewing of the mind, a dying to sin and living to righteousness, a translation from darkness to light; for the old has passed away, and the new has come (
2 Corinthians 5:17). One’s dominant motives are transformed from darkness to light and from death to life. God is the author (John 1:13; John 6:63), the Holy Spirit is the agent (John 3:8) or efficient cause and the Word of God is the instrument (John 15:3; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23). God’s work of regeneration reaches into our hearts to bring about a response (faith/repentance) that is absolutely certain—even though we respond voluntarily. It is certain because of our new nature which has been given believers via regeneration; we are spiritually alive and responsive to the will of God.

The baptism by the Spirit is the regeneration process. In the incomparable purpose of God by which He is bringing “many sons unto Glory” (
Hebrews 2:10) and to the end that Christ may be the first-born among brethren (Romans 8:29)—no less an undertaking than that of populating the third and highest heaven (hitherto the abode only of the triune God) with beings suited to the holy and exalted sphere and, indeed, sufficiently perfected to be the all-satisfying Bride of the Second Person—one vital step is that of regenerating these beings, partakers of the of the very nature of God. The new birth (regeneration), then, is a creation by divine generation, a constituting of believers inherent, innate, legitimate sons of God. The human mind cannot approach the comprehension of that which is involved in the immeasurable realities of an actual sonship relation to God, which makes the Christian an heir of God and a joint heir with Jesus Christ (Romans 8:17). Regeneration is never without reformation of one’s life. (Stephen Charnock) (cf. Matthew 12:33-37)

Man is passive (takes no part) in regeneration (John 1:13; John 6:63); he is the recipient. Man cannot cooperate or make any contribution to regeneration (see Faith and Regeneration a gift of the Spirit) just as man did not chose or have any part in his first birth, he has no part in being born again. The total depravity, inability and moral paralysis of the natural man renders him powerless to initiate and know of an overture to God for mercy or to make any form of favorable or correct response to the calling overtures of God. Thus, faith is the result of regeneration and not the cause (1 Corinthians 4:7; John 3:5-6; John 1:13); synergists would disagree. People who are dead in trespasses and sins have no capacity of sight, hearing, or understanding of the Gospel. (See Depravity) The Spirit is the efficient cause; the hearing of the Word leading to faith, which faith is the instrumental cause of regeneration which is orchestrated by Christ alone.

Regeneration Renews the Whole Man. God does not merely speak to us or offer terms of life through the preaching of the gospel. God really and effectually renews the mind to understand the gospel, renews the heart to believe it, and renews the will to desire and respond to God.

The need for regeneration lies in man's unsuitedness to God.

Regeneration is Irresistible. Romans 9:19 for who hath resisted [God’s] will?
Regeneration cannot be undone.
Regeneration is only applied to the elect.
Regeneration is synonymous with
Effectual Call and being baptized by the Spirit

Author unknow

Is it right to say:

As I approached a public phone to call a Radio Baptist preacher and say the sinner's prayer, I had decided I wanted Jesus Christ as my LORD. As I was doing this in public in full view and hearing of my fellow Merchant Marines, Satan tried to stop me. The temptation suddenly arose: "You will look like a fool to these sailors, and be the butt of their ridicule. Stop now!" But I thought to myself, "I want Jesus as my LORD above even life itself". I repeated the sinners prayer:

"Repeat after me" said the Baptist preacher:

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (Rom. 10:9-11 KJV)

"Do you believe this" he asked. "Yes sir, I do!" I replied and went back to my hotel room.

God the Holy Spirit fell upon me like a warm wind, filling my soul regenerating it. The washing of regeneration (Tit. 3:5) renewed my spirit (Rom. 8:16), not my flesh body or brain (Rom. 7:18). My soul, the “ghost operating the machine” became a partaker of the divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4). God breathed into my soul the “breath of lives” and the filling gave rise to a “new creature” (Gen. 2:7; 2 Cor. 5:17), risen from the dead in Christ Jesus my LORD (Rom. 6:4). Over forty years ago this happened, and never has the Spirit left or forsaken me. God is more real to me than anyone or anything existing.

Not all are born again so powerfully as I, the new birth is spiritual and therefore beyond physical senses, spiritually discerned.

But all experience their lives have radically changed, they perceive the things of God in a new wonderful way, and God becomes their ABBA Father, not someone to fear.

However, the same precise process that happened to me, occurs equally to them.

All born from above, "born again" partake of divine nature, and their soul is quickened and becomes a "new creation" in Christ. They have passed from death into life, and they now love God's truth and His people in a new powerful way.

This is the same born again experience we see in Acts 2:38-47. They did no miracles, they didn't speak in tongues, they were in awe of the miracles the apostles did. But they had sold all they owned to follow Christ, continuing steadfast in Scripture truth, showing their love for each other above all other concerns:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:38-47 KJV)

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (Matt. 10:32-39 KJV)

Last edited:
Back