Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Holding Them Accountable

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Texas man gets five-year prison term, $200,000 fine in Jan. 6 riot case

A Texas man who repeatedly declared his intent to use force to halt certification of the 2020 presidential election results on Jan. 6, 2021, brought two guns to a D.C.-area hotel and fought with police at the U.S. Capitol that day, was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison after prosecutors said he was in “a class of his own” among Capitol rioters...
Nichols, 33, traveled to the District with a friend, Alex K. Harkrider, and spent most of the two years after the Jan. 6 riot in the D.C. jail. While there, he participated in the “J6 choir,” which released a version of “The Star Spangled Banner” that was lauded by former president Donald Trump...
Nichols wrote on Facebook before Jan. 6, 2021, that he was “bringing the wrath of God, and there’s not a … thing you can do to stop it,” and, “If Pence doesn’t do the right thing, WE FIGHT.” Prosecutors said he showed up to the Capitol wearing a ballistic chest plate and other tactical gear and wielding a crowbar. He pushed to the front of the mob at the Lower West Terrace, hit multiple officers in the tunnel with two streams of pepper spray from a stolen police canister, then entered the Capitol and used a bullhorn to exhort the crowd to get their weapons ready to fight the police.
After Nichols left the Capitol, he posted a video of himself in his hotel room, saying: “I’m calling for violence! And I will be violent!” Nichols ended the video by stating: “I will … die for this. But before I do that, I plan on making other people die first, for their country, if it gets down to that.” Prosecutors played video of Nichols’s statements, and his use of pepper spray, for the judge Thursday.

Did y'all get that? The guy who assaulted police is the guy Donald praises as a hero and says he will pardon if elected.

So much for the rule of law and law and order, eh?

Sadly a couple new to the country went fishing at the local and went missing and 1 body has been recovered. My condolences to the family.

I know that coast line and been fishing that spot for over 20 years as a local and im experienced and even i have limits because its dangerous and even more so for amatuers they not aware of the dangers.

Fishing the bricks is nothing to take lightly it can be decieving. You never turn your back and always stay well above the line because the swells even it looks calm they will come in random and sometimes they big and sometimes you can get random freak waves and if it takes you its basically over.

I dont know the situation or cause but im guessing thats probably what happened.

It emotionally screws with me when people die fishing at local fishing spots that i have a connection with. Unfortunately i wasnt there and i couldnt help them and give advice.

Jeffrey Clark’s bid to aid Trump election scheme violated attorney rules, DC Bar panel finds
Disciplinary investigators who brought the charges against Clark say they intend to advocate for his disbarment.

A disciplinary panel in Washington has found that Jeffrey Clark, a former high-ranking Justice Department official, violated ethics rules for lawyers in his attempt to aid Donald Trump’s bid to subvert the 2020 election.
The three-member disciplinary committee determined Thursday that Clark’s campaign to pressure Justice Department leaders to help upend the transfer of power to Joe Biden violated his duties as an attorney.
The preliminary ruling jumpstarts a process that could lead to the suspension or even permanent revocation of Clark’s license to practice law, even as he’s considered a candidate for a senior position in a second Trump administration.Disciplinary investigators who brought the charges against Clark say they intend to advocate for his disbarment.
The decision followed six days of testimony, including by Clark’s former Justice Department superiors: Acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen and his deputy Richard Donoghue, who described a failed effort by Clark to use the department to falsely claim the election results were in doubt. Former Deputy White House Counsel Pat Philbin also testified publicly for the first time about Clark’s gambit.

And if you're wondering what the panel specifically said...

It is not enough that the efforts of these lawyers ultimately failed. As a profession, we must do what we can to ensure that this conduct is never repeated. The way to accomplish that goal is to remove from the profession lawyers who betrayed their constitutional obligations and their country. It is important that other lawyers who might be tempted to engage in similar misconduct be aware that doing so will cost them their privilege to practice law. It is also important for the courts and the legal profession to state clearly that the ends do not justify the means; that process matters; and that this is a society of laws, not men.
Jeffrey Clark betrayed his oath to support the Constitution of the United States of America. He is not fit to be a member of the District of Columbia Bar...
The courts and the legal profession cannot tolerate a lawyer misusing his law license in this way. All of us practice law within the structure of a democratic form of government constrained by the Constitution. This structure has stood for more than 230 years, longer than any other democracy, but it is still an experiment in a form of government rarely seen in history. It will not survive if people lose faith in election results. As a member of the D.C. Bar, Mr. Clark swore an oath that he would “support the Constitution of the United States of America.” As an officer in the Department of Justice, he undoubtedly took a variation of that oath. By attempting to violate the Rules of Professional Conduct in the ways he did, he betrayed those oaths and, in doing so, his country. Lawyers who betray their country must be disbarred.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back