Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Is there evidence to creation??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Atonement

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE GIVEN REFERENCES OF AUTHORS AND THEIR BOOKS/MAGIZINES PAGE # ECT. ONCE AGAIN I ONLY BRING THIS TOPIC HERE FOR ONE TO STUDY AND GATHER FACTS. THESE ARE NOT MY CLAIMS, I JUST SO HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN CREATION, ENJOY I HOPE THIS HELPS WITH YOUR CREATION/EVOLUTION STUDIES... ATONEMENT

THE FOSSIL RECORD

Evolutionists have constructed the Geologic Column in order to illustrate the supposed progression of “primitive†life forms to “more complex†systems we observe today. Yet, “since only a small percentage of the earth’s surface obeys even a portion of the geologic column…the claim of their having taken place to form a continuum of rock/life/time…over the earth is therefore a fantastic and imaginative contrivance."(10 “The lack of transitional series cannot be explained as being due to the scarcity of material. The deficiencies are real, they will never be filled.†(2) This supposed column is actually saturated with “polystrate fossils†(fossils extending from one geologic layer to another) that tie all the layers to one time-frame. “To the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation.†(3)

1. John Woodmorappe, “The Essential Non-Existence of the Evolutionary Uniformitarian Geologic Column.

2. H. Heribert Nilsson, as quoted in Arthur C. Custance, THE EARTH BEFORE MAN, Part II

3. E.J.H. Corner, CONTEMPORARY BOTANICAL THOUGHT

DECAY OF EARTH’S MAGNETIC FIELD

Dr. Thomas Barnes, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Texas at El Paso, has published the definitive work in this field. (4) Scientific observations since 1829 have shown that the earth’s magnetic field has been measurably decaying at an exponential rate, demonstrating its half-life to be approximately 1400 years. In practical application its strength 20,000 years ago would approximate that of a magnetic star. Under those conditions many of the atoms necessary for life processes could not form. These data demonstrate that earth’s entire history is young, within a few thousand years.

4. Thomas Barnes, ICR Technical Monograph #4, ORIGIN AND DESTINY OF THE EARTH’S MAGNETIC FIELD.

THE GLOBAL FLOOD

The Biblical record clearly describes a global Flood during Noah’s day. Additionally, there are hundreds of flood traditions handed down through cultures all over the world. (5) M.E. Clark and Henry Voss have demonstrated the scientific validity of such a Flood providing the sedimentary layering we see on every continent. (6) Secular scholars report very rapid sedimentation and periods of great carbonate deposition in earth’s sedimentary layers. (7) It is now possible to prove the historical reality of the Biblical Flood. (8)

5. Edward Blick, A SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS OF GENESIS; p. 103

6. M.E. Clark and H.D. Voss, FLUID MECHANIC EXAMINATION OF THE TIAL MECHANISM FOR PRODUCING MEGA-SEDIMANTARY LAYERING.

7. Derek Ager, THE NATURE OF THE STRATIGRAPHICAL RECORD, p. 43 and p 86

8. John Anthony West, SERPENT IN THE SKY: THE HIGH WISDOM OF ANCIENT EGYPT, pp 13-14

RADIO HALOS

Physicist Robert Gentry has reported isolated radio halos of plonium-214 in crystalline granite. The half-life of this element is 0.000164 seconds! To record the existence of this element in such short time span, the granite must be in crystalline state instantaneously. (10) This runs counter to evolutionary estimates of 300 million years for granite to form.

(10) Robert Gentry –CREATIONN’S TINY MYSTERY)

HUMAN ARTIFACTS THROUGHOUT THE GEOLOGIC COLUMN

Man-made artifacts – such as the hammer in Cretaceous rock, a human sandal print with trilobite in Cambrian rock, human footprints and a handprint in Cretaceous rock – point to the fact that all the supposed geologic periods actually occurred at the same time in the recent past. (11)

(11) Carl Baugh, Ph D –WHY DO MEN BELIEVE EVOLUTION ... AGAINST ALL ODDS?

Evolutionists have constructed the Geologic Column in order to illustrate the supposed progression of “primitive†life forms to “more complex†systems we observe today. Yet, “since only a small percentage of the earth’s surface obeys even a portion of the geologic column…the claim of their having taken place to form a continuum of rock/life/time…over the earth is therefore a fantastic and imaginative contrivance."

Any spot has a very tiny likelihood of having deposits from every period in Earth's history, but there are a few places where the column exists in its entireity. North Dakota is one place I know about.

“The lack of transitional series cannot be explained as being due to the scarcity of material. The deficiencies are real, they will never be filled.â€Â

This seems foolish to me. We find important new transitionals almost monthly. We are far, far from finding even a large percentage of all the fossils that exist.

This supposed column is actually saturated with “polystrate fossils†(fossils extending from one geologic layer to another) that tie all the layers to one time-frame. “To the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation.â€Â

There are many polystrate fossils (some are forming near my house). However, I have neve seen one extend across geologic periods. Could you show me one?

Dr. Thomas Barnes, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Texas at El Paso, has published the definitive work in this field. (4) Scientific observations since 1829 have shown that the earth’s magnetic field has been measurably decaying at an exponential rate, demonstrating its half-life to be approximately 1400 years. In practical application its strength 20,000 years ago would approximate that of a magnetic star. Under those conditions many of the atoms necessary for life processes could not form. These data demonstrate that earth’s entire history is young, within a few thousand years.

In fact, we know that the Earth's magnetic field fluctuates from age to age, and has even reversed in the past. This is an example of the dangers of extrapolation beyond the data.

The Biblical record clearly describes a global Flood during Noah’s day.

Actually, it doesn't. It uses "eretz" in Genesis for "the land", and it is used every time for a specific area of the Earth.

Additionally, there are hundreds of flood traditions handed down through cultures all over the world.

Which could only mean that there was a worldwide flood or that there have been many floods in human experience. We know that the latter is true, but that there is no evidence for the former.

M.E. Clark and Henry Voss have demonstrated the scientific validity of such a Flood providing the sedimentary layering we see on every continent.

How do they account for the forests and deserts that had time to appear and be covered on after another in a single "flood year"? How do they explain meanders buried under thousands of feet of sediment in the middle of what are supposed to be flood deposits?

Secular scholars report very rapid sedimentation and periods of great carbonate deposition in earth’s sedimentary layers.

The famed white cliffs of Dover are made of the skeletons of tiny marine animals. If they were all deposited in one year, the sea would be so thickened by them that it would be a paste.

It is now possible to prove the historical reality of the Biblical Flood.

I'd sure like to see that "proof."

Physicist Robert Gentry has reported isolated radio halos of plonium-214 in crystalline granite. The half-life of this element is 0.000164 seconds! To record the existence of this element in such short time span, the granite must be in crystalline state instantaneously. (10) This runs counter to evolutionary estimates of 300 million years for granite to form.

However, it can easily form from infiltrated uranium that decays to produce the haloes. Interestingly, Gentry can only find this "evidence" in areas where there are deposits of Uranium.

Man-made artifacts – such as the hammer in Cretaceous rock, a human sandal print with trilobite in Cambrian rock, human footprints and a handprint in Cretaceous rock – point to the fact that all the supposed geologic periods actually occurred at the same time in the recent past.

How unfortunate that no one finding these has the presence of mind to leave them in place so that the story can be verified. Some of the "prints" have turned out to be misinterpreted dino markings or even frauds.

The "Paluxy Mantracks" were debunked, BTW, by YE creationists.

ATONEMENT said:
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE GIVEN REFERENCES OF AUTHORS AND THEIR BOOKS/MAGIZINES PAGE # ECT. ONCE AGAIN I ONLY BRING THIS TOPIC HERE FOR ONE TO STUDY AND GATHER FACTS. THESE ARE NOT MY CLAIMS, I JUST SO HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN CREATION, ENJOY I HOPE THIS HELPS WITH YOUR CREATION/EVOLUTION STUDIES... ATONEMENT

quote]
--------Where do you get this stuff? Have you tried reading some real science books from real scientists? I suppose the 99% of scientists that accept evolutionary principals do so because they are all in league with Satan and his plan to do away with the one true religion and Christianity.You are free to believe whatever you want but the evidence is overwhelming that evolution exists. Gravity is a theory as well and no one disputes its reality.

Have you tried reading some real science books from real scientists?

WOW, I can't believe you would discredit "real scientists" especially some of the ones I quoted here, wow, and only because they do not accept your theories or should I say you don't accept theirs. This is why I don't debate evolution. You give me very good reasons not to. Maybe we should bring Newton into the picture, you knew he was a Christian didn't you? Or is that Newton guy alittle to ol fashion for ya? Here's a site on Newton

http://www.newgenevacenter.org/biography/newton2.htm

Maybe only one of the famous and respected scientist ever known

Albert Einstein
[quote"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."[/quote]

-Atone

Well done atonement, you have done no work of your own and expect us to reply to other peoples work. Copying and pasting other arguments does NOT make a position.

Thank you.. Like I have said I only bring topic starters, I don't debate evolution, you won't change my belief, and I try not to change yours, so it's always been pointless to me. I have always asked myself why debate evolution? What's really the point here? There is no point, I'm an educated man, but I'm no scientist, nor claim to be one. But No One here has yet seen my views on evolution, you only know that I believe in creation, and this is why I add disclaimers to my post on THIS SUBJECT alone and no others. Just trying to be smart about it all

-Atone

If you don't want your claims to be criticized then don't start debates around them. It doesn't matter if you're the only one making threads, what matters is that actual arguments go on. Just posting the opinions of others is useless and does not lend any credibility to your position. Posting exaustive topics without putting any work into them and expecting us to respond to them is unnecessary and pointless.

If you don't want your claims to be criticized

Do you understand the English language? I never claimed these. Infact I gave the authors and their sources to these claims. So I in no way feel criticized, Why would I? As I stated, I bring these here as topic starters, many people like debating evolution/creation, well here's just another one, knock your socks off.. I don't see you starting threads; infact you have not created one thread of your own yet hmmm, afraid you'll be "criticized" alittle? I know what I bring here will cause debates and be criticized and THAT'S WHY I BRING THEM HERE!! I expect it..

-Atone

I suppose the 99% of scientists that accept evolutionary principals do so because they are all in league with Satan and his plan to do away with the one true religion and Christianity.
This is possibly, or maybe even most likely , true.
There is no reason known Biblically to have a discussion at all about evilution. It is a topic with no good purpose that can be seen online or in schools or the news, etc...
It does not build up in Christ Jesus,
it does not edify nor help believers in Christ Jesus,
It only draws opposition to Christ Jesus
and may or has often caused stumbling for seekers and
for those weak in faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back