Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New Member. Hello. My name is James.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DrawNear

My Christian faith means everything to me. Currently I'm working on writing a book about raising children using Proverbs chapter 1. as a guide or model to follow. I thought that going on to Christian blogs might help me to see where parents are at with raising their children. Our current public school system presents some scientific academic knowledge, however I would like parents to take a stronger role in discipling and mentoring their children with a Christian world view as well. I believe that there is so much Christian information online now that it may be easier to guide our children using various doctrinally sound internet sites. any thoughts? I hope everyone is doing well.

I knew almost nothing about life until I became a Christian in the U.S. Army when I was stationed in Germany in 1976 at the age of 22. A wonderful Army pastor befriended me and taught me about the Bible. My life was completely changed. When I was a new Christian I read the Book of Proverbs often. I found that it has lots of practical knowledge about living life packed closely together. About six months ago I decided to share with others what I have learned starting with Proverbs chapter 1. My theory is to build on the concepts of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, discernment, and discretion. I randomly gave definitions to these ideas and built upon them in order to gradually develop a foundation of knowledge for young people that began simplistically and gradually developed into more complex and comprehensive systems of understanding life around them from a Christian perspective. It's been exciting to write these ideas. I have three children and I continually used the Bible to help teach them about the world around them. I was also a teacher for about twenty years. I was a substitute teacher for about 6 or 7 years in three school districts, and then I taught special education for about 5 years. Then I was a substitute teacher again for about another 6 or 7 years in three more school districts. During my last 5 years I taught mainly in junior high and high school. I probably taught about 18,000 to 24,000 students each year. Some of the students I had in other classes as well and that is why there is a difference of about 3,000 students. If I counted the same students that I had in different classes, I probably had closer to 24,000 students that I taught each year. I found the students to be smart, caring, patient, mature, protective, respectful, and desiring to learn and grow. I made a personal commitment to reach out to them when I retired.

Myh heart goes out to all of you who are raising children today. God Bless All Of You. Soon I will write about how you can help to teach your students academically and Biblically using current fre online technology.

If you're interested, I will share how I helped my son with his homework while I was working as a bus driver. I was very nervous at first. Then I just decided to learn it with him.

My heart goes out to all of you who are raising children today. God Bless All Of You. Soon I will write about how you can help to teach your students academically and Biblically using current free online technology.

Thank you hawkman. That's a good verse. I did not grow up in a Christian family. When I was growing up I had no Biblical training at all. As I got older my life started to fall apart because I had few study skills, minimal education, few job skills, and few practical life skills. I joined the U.S. Army in order to try to get some job skills. A pastor in the Army lead me to the Lord and discipled me. Those events changed my life completely. They gave me moral values to try to focus on and achieve. Those moral values gave me goals to work for at personal and professional development. I have never looked back because my life has become so much more positive. I have worked at and seen growth that I previously had no value system to motivate me to work towards. I have since gone to Bible college and received a Bachelor's degree in Business with a minor in Bible. My wife an I are retired and we both want to do ministry and missions work. I have been a youth minister in the past for a few months at Korean Eden Reformed Presbyterian Church in Buena Park, Ca. Even though I'm retired I still want to work and continue to do ministry world wide online and in person. I have learned so much about the Bible and world missions over the years. Thank you for your forum and blogs. I have a lot of things that I want to share with people that want to grow. I had to teach myself how to study and how to grow. A lot of people have a lot of skills and talents. I would like to see them share with others so others can grow as well.

Hi DrawNear and welcome to CF :wave2

I pray you find your time here fruitful and helping others with raising their children in a wholesome Godly manner. There is a parenting forum you might fine interesting and to share in. God bless you for all you have and are doing for Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back