Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

PAUL WROTE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PRETRIB RAPTURE TEACHERS

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul addressed the Pretribulation Rapture teachers in 2Th 2:1-5. When someone told the Thessalonians the rapture was at hand or could happen at any moment, the Thessalonians became confused about what Paul taught them. The fellow who said this was a Pretribulation Rapture teacher because when he said the rapture could happen at any moment the Antichrist had not yet emerged on the scene. In other words, he was teaching the rapture occurs before the Antichrist rises to power. In order for the Thessalonians to become confused about what Paul taught them they must have esteemed the Pretribulation Rapture teacher as Pastors are esteemed by believers today; otherwise the believers would not have taken him seriously. When Paul heard about this he wrote the letter recorded in 2Th. 2:1-5 and told the Thessalonians not to listen to the Pretribulation Rapture teacher because the rapture or our gathering to the Lord does not occur until after the the falling away and after the Antichrist seats himself in Jerusalem displaying himself as God. The scriptures tell us the Antichrist doesn’t seat himself in Jerusalem until 3 1/2 years after he emerges on the scene.

2Th. 2:1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

Reactions: JLB
The truth is gifted people are not able to hear Jesus any better than a moron.
No moron wrote the Bible. No moron lead great accomplishments for the Kingdom of God. They aren’t less as people, but there are matters God does not choose them to do.
Dorothy is a case in point. Her claim that scriptures that don't include the label Antichrist, which describe the same activities as scriptures that do contain the word Antichrist aren't about the Antichrist, is at the top of the list of the most ridiculous statements I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.
You obviously don’t know the history of your theology. John says there are MANY Antichrists….. many, not one.
The truth is Dorothy thinks her appearing to be louder in her posts is all she need do to explain herself. Read the Bible.
Posts are written and therefore inaudible yo the hears. It’s impossible to write loud…long? yes….loud? no.

No moron wrote the Bible. No moron lead great accomplishments for the Kingdom of God. They aren’t less as people, but there are matters God does not choose them to do.
Those outside of Jesus’s small circle were fully convinced He was a moron too. Little did they know that Jesus whom they crucified, spat on, and called names like “moron” was Almighty God in the flesh. Vengeance belongs to Him and He will not delay in taking it.

Jesus didn’t come to call the “gifted”, in fact, quite the opposite. The Good Shepherd has a steady reputation for calling only the least likely/least of these.
Paul was certainly of superior intelligence.You shouldn’t have distain for the intelligencia. They aren’t better people. In fact, an intelligent evil man is much worse than a moron. But without intelligence believers, the faith wouldn’t have the depth it has and, better still, being a true and faithful believer sharpens the intellect. Jesus makes the obedient smarter.
I’m grateful to be a non-gifted runt of the litter in this world because I know I am a daughter of the King of all Kings.
Absolutely!!! I’m grateful too! Each of us can have an important contribution to the work of God AND what is more, wisdom is in no way connects to IQ. The simplest of believers can have more wisdom than the great intellectuals who, if atheists, are likely to think way too highly of themselves.

There’s no evidence anyone thought Jesus was a moron. Even his enemies didn’t think that.

When did they call him “moron”…scripture please!!!
The derogatory titles given to Jesus were far more reviling than the elementary insult of “moron”. Anyone who knows anything about Jesus knows He was perhaps the most despised human to ever walk the face of this earth.

Here’s just a few messianic psalms that might be helpful to reference after reading Matt, mark, Luke, and John in their entirety:

“Consider mine enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.”
‭‭psalms‬ ‭25‬:‭19‬ ‭

“When I made sackcloth my clothing, I became a proverb unto them. They that sit in the gate talk of me; And I am the song of the drunkards.”
‭‭psalms‬ ‭69‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭

“But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads” psalm 23:6-7

The derogatory titles given to Jesus were far more reviling than the elementary insult of “moron”.
You said they called him a moron. Are you admittting that wasn’t true?
Anyone who knows anything about Jesus knows He was perhaps the most despised human to ever walk the face of this earth.
Anyone who knows the history of despised people knows this isn’t so. Sounds grand but there’s no evidence of this. Despised? yes. The most? unknown.
Here’s just a few messianic psalms that might be helpful to reference after reading Matt, mark, Luke, and John in their entirety:

“Consider mine enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.”
‭‭psalms‬ ‭25‬:‭19‬ ‭
Ok, he was hated by some.
“When I made sackcloth my clothing, I became a proverb unto them. They that sit in the gate talk of me; And I am the song of the drunkards.”
‭‭psalms‬ ‭69‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭
Yes they called him a drunkard. I know how that feels.
“But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads” psalm 23:6-7
Yes, not pleasant.

No where was he called a moron. Thanks for the scripture. Please stick to that.

You said they called him a moron. Are you admittting that wasn’t true?

Anyone who knows the history of despised people knows this isn’t so. Sounds grand but there’s no evidence of this. Despised? yes. The most? unknown.

Ok, he was hated by some.

Yes they called him a drunkard. I know how that feels.

Yes, not pleasant.

No where was he called a moron. Thanks for the scripture. Please stick to that.
I pray you find love, Dorothy Mae. God bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back