Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

psalm 23 part 3

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

THE LORD OF HOSTS

This psalm becomes more beautiful as it goes along, Not only is the Lord our Shepherd and our guide, He is our provider.

He provides us with everything we need, I am reminded of the beautiful verses in Ephesians 1: 3-14, where every spiritual blessing that God has made available to us, is laid out like on a table.

God not only blesses and provides for us, He does it right in the middle of a doubting and disbelieving world. In the middle of persecution, in the middle of trial, right in front of the enemies' eyes, God lays out His blessings to us.

He anoints our head, remember David being anointed by Samuel to be king, He anoints us because we are kings and priests in His kingdom, we are God's children, His special possession.

Our cup overflows and so it should, we have the blessing of God on our lives, we have feasted at the Master's table, this is to remind us that one day, we will sit down at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Provision is for now. oh yes, but one day, there will be a time, when we feast WITH our Lord. He prepares the table for us, He knows exactly what we need, it's glorious to know that our Shepherd, does this for us.

Let me again finish with words from Matthew Henry:

(1.) That he had food convenient, a table spread, a cup filled, meat for his hunger, drink for his thirst. (2.) That He had it carefully and readily provided for him. His table was not spread with any thing that came next to hand, but prepared, and prepared before him. (3.) That he was not stinted, was not straitened, but had abundance: "My cup runs over, enough for myself and my friends too.’’

Noonday Devotion

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

THE LORD WELCOMES US HOME

We are His sheep, the sheep of His pasture, we have followed Him here on earth, we have seen the goodness and the mercy of God, throughout our daily lives, they have been new every morning Lam 3:22-23 .

We have this promise, but it is not just for heaven. Because we have the Lord as our Shepherd, His goodness and His mercy, will follow us, or chase after us, all the days of our earthly life. We will DWELL in God's house, not just on earth, but also more gloriously in Heaven, this is the important and precious promise, for all those who can say the Lord is my Shepherd.

If you can say the first line of the psalm with confidence, then you can undoubtedly say the last line of the psalm with a powerful and unshakeable confidence. One day, we will see our Saviour, we will be with Him for eternity, we will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever and we will say:

Glory and honour and power belong to the Shepherd and Redeemer of our Souls.

Let me leave the last words, again with Matthew Henry:

it shall be new every morning (Lam. 3:22,Lam. 3:23 ) like the manna that was given to the Israelites daily. (5.) The certainty of it: Surely it shall. It is as sure as the promise of the God of truth can make it; and we know Whom we have believed. (6.) Here is a prospect of the perfection of bliss in the future state. So, some take the latter clause: "Goodness and mercy having followed me all the days of my life on this earth, when that is ended, I shall remove to a better world, to dwell in the house of the Lord for ever, in our Father’s house above, where there are many mansions. With what I have I am pleased much; with what I hope for I am pleased more.’’ All this, and heaven too! Then we serve a good Master.

HalleluYah, what a Saviour !
KK

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back