Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should i be concerned about this

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

citrus

I've been forgetting lately. My pastor has been my pastor for 4 years and I use to watch a lady at my churchs children. I've known her for a long time even though I haven't seen her in 2 years. Awhile back I was trying to think of my former pastors name and I sat there for 10 min in frantic that I can't remember his name. I mean he is good friends with my dad and we see him all the time. I ignored it. It was a while back and then yesterday I saw a picture of the lady I am talking about and my mind went blank on her name fir 10 min. I was trying to remember. I was going to ask my mom, but I was to embarrassed. She would be like, duh it's her. What are you talking about. Man this scared me. I am like family to these people. Hung around them all the time and my former pastor I saw him a few months ago. What is wrong with me?!? Should I ask my doctor if I can drink ginko boloba tea? Does that even help? I've been forgetting things sometimes.

A belated reply.
Memory loss is alarming and should be investigated.
How I don't know, talk to any doctors in your church and seek advice.

In the mean time start playing various games that challenge one's brain.
Start memorising bible verses, write out your parents lifestyle and yours, in church take extensive notes of the sermon.

Basically if one wants to strengthen something one uses it, so use your memory.

I had similar problems from being over drugged by psychiatrists. Even at normal doses the antipsychotics lithium depakote and benzodiazepines can impair memory concentration and overall cognitive functioning. It’s worse with multiple medications on board. Oh and the tricyclic antidepressants. Effective but mind numbing.

Sometimes a switch is all it takes to improve things. Other times you might want to get a new doctor or even see if a family doctor will fix it.

I've been forgetting lately. My pastor has been my pastor for 4 years and I use to watch a lady at my churchs children. I've known her for a long time even though I haven't seen her in 2 years. Awhile back I was trying to think of my former pastors name and I sat there for 10 min in frantic that I can't remember his name. I mean he is good friends with my dad and we see him all the time. I ignored it. It was a while back and then yesterday I saw a picture of the lady I am talking about and my mind went blank on her name fir 10 min. I was trying to remember. I was going to ask my mom, but I was to embarrassed. She would be like, duh it's her. What are you talking about. Man this scared me. I am like family to these people. Hung around them all the time and my former pastor I saw him a few months ago. What is wrong with me?!? Should I ask my doctor if I can drink ginko boloba tea? Does that even help? I've been forgetting things sometimes.

Any number of things contribute to forgetfulness: poor sleep, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, excess stress, lack of mental stimulation, etc.

Your brain is like a muscle; if you don't use your muscles, if you don't work them, they atrophy and weaken. So, too, one's brain. Use it or lose it. Are you learning new things, things that make your brain work hard? Like a new language, or a new skill, like playing the piano? Doing so is vital to maintaining good cognitive health. Exercise, good diet and proper amounts of sleep are also really important.

Hi Citrus
You must be getting younger.
Welcome to the club!

Any number of things contribute to forgetfulness: poor sleep, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, excess stress, lack of mental stimulation, etc.

Your brain is like a muscle; if you don't use your muscles, if you don't work them, they atrophy and weaken. So, too, one's brain. Use it or lose it. Are you learning new things, things that make your brain work hard? Like a new language, or a new skill, like playing the piano? Doing so is vital to maintaining good cognitive health. Exercise, good diet and proper amounts of sleep are also really important.
Sure.
This works up until a certain age.
Then it starts.
Everyone is different, of course.

You must be a young'un.
😁😁😁

Sure.
This works up until a certain age.
Then it starts.
Everyone is different, of course.

You must be a young'un.
😁😁😁

"Young" can be a relative term. I'm young compared to a ninety-year-old but an old man in the view of a twenty-year-old. I'm past middle-age, anyway. Think of that as "young," if you like! I do.

I forget names all the time. One time I forgot my neighbor's name and he's a very good friend. The first job I had I worked at a gas station for two years. A couple years later, I was riding my motorcycle somewhat close behind the vehicle in front of me because I was about to pass it. A sheriff's deputy stopped me for tailgating. When he looked at my driver's license he said, "I know that name." Seeing his nametag on his uniform, I said the same thing. I bet we stood there for 10 - 15 minutes trying to remember how we knew each other. It was about two weeks later when it occurred to me that I worked with him at that gas station. Four years ago I retired from my career. Two years later, I ran into a coworker that I worked with a lot and I could not remember his name. It's frustrating to be sure but it happens.

Several years ago I couldn't remember some words I was trying to use. I upset me so badly that now I can recall those words from memory without thinking about them. ( stereotypical & lobbyist were the words) I too got scared, but I think several factors can cause this; diet, sleep, stress to name a few. I do recognize I have short term memory loss( I've accepted that), but when I get long term loss if really bothers me.
You can play some video games or some memory booklet games from the checkout stands to help you.......they work.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back