Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should we keep the weekly Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, we should keep a sabbath. To do so welcomes a relaxation and worship experience that not keeping it is hard to relate to. Looking forward to a day of complete rest and relaxation, a day where you don't work is wonderful - especially in such a world as we live in now where everything is go-go-go all the time. How many times must the scriptures tell us to "remember the Sabbath" and Christians ignore it?

Yes, we should keep a sabbath. To do so welcomes a relaxation and worship experience that not keeping it is hard to relate to. Looking forward to a day of complete rest and relaxation, a day where you don't work is wonderful - especially in such a world as we live in now where everything is go-go-go all the time. How many times must the scriptures tell us to "remember the Sabbath" and Christians ignore it?
I agree that keeping a weekly day for rest and worship is good for us.
Some people thing that must be a Saturday (7th day of the week) but I disagree with that.
What's your take on that?

I agree that keeping a weekly day for rest and worship is good for us.
Some people thing that must be a Saturday (7th day of the week) but I disagree with that.
What's your take on that?
Personally I think that is it good to keep the Biblical 7th day (Friday night to Saturday night) and that is what I do, but in the end I think that what really matters for Gentile believers is keeping some sort of Sabbath. Sabbath and the "day of worship" need not necessarily be the same thing. I generally keep the 7th day Sabbath and fellowship with Messianic believers and beliefs that day, but also attend a Sunday church.

I'm going to back up on what I wrote above. After further reflection, I believe that Sabbath needs to be the Biblical 7th day. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy", remembering the day that something occurs is important.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back