Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

1 John 1: Against self-justifying doctrine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
🤔

wondering if the conscience is formed by our environment. That would mean if there was no law there would be no conscience that would convict one.
Our consciousness to sin we are born with ,
That is why God says in the judgement day He will righteously be able to judge all people accordingly .
No law was given at the time yet both Adam & Eve knew to hide from God because of their sin.
Likewise even there no law existed at the time Cain knew both to hide the body of his murdered brother and deny any involvement in his murder :
Gen 4:9
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

🤔

wondering if the conscience is formed by our environment. That would mean if there was no law there would be no conscience that would convict one.
It is not.
Our conscience is given by God.
But that does not mean there is no sin, just means people are not rewarded for what they don't know. But if they have no conscience of sin is it sin?
It is not sin if it can't be punished by God.
👎 no
Now if a person is born in sin and shaped in iniquity they have a shaped conscience due to the the enviroment.
That would be nobody.
No one is "born in sin".
That was just a slur.
They reside in death. Yet do they know they are apart from God?
I think so, as knowledge of His presence is inescapable.
Does eating off the tree of the knowledge of good and evil mean anything for the rest of the world or only for Adam.
It changed everybody.
We now all have a conscience of good and evil.
Yet again God is seen in His creation that man are without excuse
OK
I did,go back and read your writing. 🥺 please
I'll pass.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back