Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] A beautiful time for me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
'The first years in Parliament I did nothing – nothing to any purpose. My own distinction was my darling object.'
- William Wilburforce

Without a doubt I am coming to identify with this quote. I have spent far too much time focused on me. My distinction, my exaltation. Using God's glory as a sad veil for my own.

But once William Wilburforce died to himself and accepted God's plan for his life, he became the chief architect for the abolition of the slave trade in Great Britain.

At long last, I am learning to die to myself. I am finally and freely conforming my will to God and his plan for me. And whatever that plan may be, it will be good. It will bring God glory and make me a blessing to others.

The last few days have been a time of both trials and revelation. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world as I finally surrender completely to my Saviour.

Where do I go from here? That's not for me to say, and that is precisely the point.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back