Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A marriage cannot survive without God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It leads to one of the toughest problems of Christianity. If Everyday Person's wife truly loves him and if she is a Christian, then she will be in heaven and he will be in hell. Can she be happy knowing the person she loves is in hell for eternity? (Unless you can get saved in hell, then it is just a 5 minute trip for most people.)

Quath

The problem, Everyday, is that you don't understand God, you don't understand Christianity, and as such, it would be very difficult for you to say what you would or wouldn't do.

The main reason why I came to these forums in the first place was to try and gain a greater insight into christianity. Not to try and follow it, but to try and gain some insight. So far, its been a rather mixed impression, mainly in favour of the con's.

The very fact that you think we believe you are 'evil' displays your ignorance to me.

I said that by the definition given in that passage, I am labeled as Darkness, and Darkness often equals evil. I also asked a rhetorical question. I have a christian friend or two and they dont view me as evil (at least I hope they dont), nor do I believe that all Christians share the same view of atheists, I even know Christians who are for gay marriage, and are pro-choice. No, I dont want to bring up that debate here, I am using it as examples to support the argument. My main point being, that marriages truly only need love, commitment and honesty to survive.

God will wipe away every tear.

Coming from experiance, that is a generalised statement.

my husband i had a fight last night.. and in the past before i was a reborn Christian i would have sulked, kicked him out and really made him pay for his mistakes...

However when you have a heart that is being changed by Jesus, he reminds you of what you should be doing and He convicts you when you are behaiving wrongly.

Last night i felt awful, and i prayed about it, which i would not do in the past.

God helped me forgive him really quickly once i prayed... it felt so good, my facial muscles relaxed, my child even felt more relaxed.

NOw a marriage without that has difficulty. I was married to my husband for a year before i became a reborn Christian, and we fought constantly!

I used to scream, kick, scratch, you name it... i was the wife that sounded like a dripping tap...

Now, all the Glory to God, he is working in me....[/quote]

Listening to Dr. Phil may also help you do that. Praying is giving yourself a time out to try to think outside the box and relax.

My wife and I have had many bad fights where we are yelling at each other. However, over time, we are getting better at talking to each other and understanding each other. We haven't had a yelling fight in about 3 months. We never needed God to get to this point.

Quath

Well this is because you both deny the existence of God. That in it self is one less thing to argue about. The thread started about Christian Marraiges, which need God.

Sure, *a* marriage can thrive without God's presense, but that would be a secular marriage, and would be of a lower quality than one with God. It all depends on the kind of marriage.

I think in theory, the opening topic is good but in actuality, it is not true. However, it is true that whether a person or couple are Christians or not, if they practice Biblical concepts in marriage, the marriage will survive. I write this because I live in a country where less than 1/2 % of the people are Christians and our neighboring countries also have few Christians, BUT the divorce rate is lower in our countries than America where a large percentage of people claim to believe in the Christian God. Of course, I understand not all those people are really Christians but still there must be more than in my country. Divorce is still rare here and has a social stigma attached to it. I also disagree with the statement "I also believe that when you don't let God be in control of your marriage, you are guaranteed a divorce!". Again, most of the world is not like America where most people claim to be Christians, yet marriages survive in all sorts of nonChristian environments. Moreover, sometimes one spouse does not let God be in control of the marriage, but the marriage still works and can be a very good and happy marriage. This might surprise some people but nonChristians can have happy marriages too. However, I think in these marriages a lot of Christian principles are being practiced even though the couple does not realize it. A lot of what God tells us to do is for our own good. For example, He says not to fornicate. If we don't, then we avoid sexual diseases, a lot of heartache,etc. Some nonChristians don't fornicate but not for Biblical reasons, but because they follow this Biblical principle they avoid the sexual diseases and problems that come with fornication. The same goes with marriage. Of course, if both spouses are putting God first, then there IS a strength in that marriage that other couples will never have unless they put God first as well, but marriages can and do survive and thrive without the couple acknowledging God.

Back