Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Review - Reformation Study Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM

Translation: New King James. I'm not a big fan of modern translations but it could be worse, it could have been the NIV :tongue . I wish it came in the KJV...

Text, notes, etc: The font of this Bible is easy on the eyes, with big subject headings, words of Christ in red, theological notes are well written from a classic conservative Christian view and are located in grey boxes, the text itself is one solid paragraph/not the double colums of the traditional Bibles. I have to say, I like it better. The cross ref and textual notes are in the side margin. The study notes are along the bottom. This is a busy Bible for those who want to get deep into the word of God, with all the info it contains it is still very easy to read...a good tool for a laymen. This is supposed to be the 'New Geneva Study Bible' and was once call that, this Bible is much, much more then a new Geneva. The editorial team was lead by scholars such as R.C. Sproul and J.I. Packer well known names. This Bible is a great statement of Christian faith as it was in the early days of the Church and a worthy restatement of reformation beliefs. It was a nice tool to have with the the doctrines dealing with Grace well stated. This study Bible has been a constant companion for me and would be my main Bible if it was dispensational and KJV, but it's not. So I will continue to use my Old Scofield. :wink:

58523.gif

Quality: I happen to get a great deal on a black genuine leather Bible because the genuine leather are out of print now. It has two ribbon markers and gold edge. Steve and I posted about Thomas Nelson Bibles before, the leather isn't bad but it's not high quality. The edging is a bronze colour not a gold colour. I always say the best Bible for the buck comes from Oxford Univ. Press. My Old Scofield is genuine leather, nice silver edge and the quality for the price can't be beat. I wish the RSB was an Oxford. Out of 10 for quality I'd give it a 7. It beats bonded leather...

Maps: The maps were alright but you'd expect more from Thomas Nelson. Zondervan has better maps.

Over all, 8 out of 10 for this Bible. Its worth the money and you won't regret buying it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back