Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study A Wonderful Subject To Discuss.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thanks Chopper for your kind words. I still live in Barbados. I lived in England a few years ago and have visited the USA on two occasions.
Being a Chrisitan is no easy matter, but I try to allow God to guide and direct me. May God continue to guide and direct you too.

Thank you, my new friend. It is indeed an honor to meet a fellow bond Servant of our blessed Savior Jesus the Son of God. As I said before, I'd love to study anything in the way of instruction from you. In Barbados, I imagine there is quite a difference in culture, and it would be interesting to hear if Colossians 3 has made an impact in your Country.

Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

O my, what a challenge that's before us, discussing just what these verses really mean. The first two verses came to my mind about two months ago. Since then, I have been meditating on what I really believe concerning my position. Am I really, really risen, and seated with Jesus beside Him Who is sitting beside the Father? REALLY!!

I'm really interested in getting my mind where it's supposed to be. With all my health problems, my mind is on "things of the earth, when it's not supposed to be there.

I'd like to know what my good Forum friends have to say about these four verses, mainly 1 & 2. I have some ideas, so lets discuss this, I think, life changing possibility.
Hi Chopper
To me it means, we are the body of Christ...
In Eph.2:5,6
Even when we were dead in sins, (spiritually), hath quickened us( made alive spiritually) together with Christ, (by Grace ye are saved).
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
So we have already been raised up, ( resurrected, made alive) in a spiritual sense.
Eph.1:22,23
And gave Him (Jesus) to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all.

Awesome isn't it!

Hi Chopper
To me it means, we are the body of Christ...
In Eph.2:5,6
Even when we were dead in sins, (spiritually), hath quickened us( made alive spiritually) together with Christ, (by Grace ye are saved).
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
So we have already been raised up, ( resurrected, made alive) in a spiritual sense.
Eph.1:22,23
And gave Him (Jesus) to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all.

Awesome isn't it!

Yes, because we are joined to the Lord [spiritually] then we have been raised with Him and are seated in heavenly places where He is.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back