Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Abortion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JoJo

One of my daughter's friends is pregnant and has made up her mind to have an abortion. Well, today her mom took her to a clinic and they started her on medicine to dilate her cervix to make it easier for them to remove the fetus. Why is she doing this? Because she's a cheerleader. This is breaking my heart and there's nothing I can do about it. But I can ask for you all to pray that somehow she still has an opportunity to change her mind.

I was thinking the other day how babies are thought of as burdens and unwanted baggage in our society, yet In Gods word they are referred to as a blessing and "blessed is the man who has his quiver full of them".
It's got to be very hard knowing what is about to happen to that precious life, Jojo. :shame

I will pray.

Thank you, destiny. I am heartbroken.

I have seen miraculous answers to prayer more than a few times. I am praying somehow the medicine doesn't take effect right or that she still has the opportunity to change her mind. Something, anything, to give this baby a chance to live. I am praying for God's will to be done.

In no way do I want to turn this into a political thread, but I want to address something that might clear up some confusion about where I stand politically.

When I voted for Obama, I truly believed (based on his replies in debates) that he was against abortion itself but that his hands were tied. I believed that since no right-wing President has been able to reverse Roe vs. Wade, that Obama couldn't do it either. So I didn't focus on abortion as an issue when voting for him. Now I wish I had. Not that I believe another candidate could have made abortion illegal, but that my conscience would be clear knowing that I voted for someone who would have tried. I don't hate Obama, nor will I engage in any Obama-bashing. But I hate myself for not focusing on the issue of abortion in 2008.

I wish abortion was illegal. I think it would deter many teens and unwed single women from having unprotected sex or extra-marital sex. But right now, knowing that abortion is an "easy" option available, the "threat" of pregnancy isn't much of a threat. If abortion was illegal, my daughter's friend's baby just might have had a better chance of living.

I believe with all my heart that if abortion was illegal, my daughter's friend would have had a different outlook. I think she either would have abstained from sex (or at least have been more careful) or would be considering keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption. I seriously do not think she would have had an illegal abortion...and I think she represents the many.

the heart is broken here lord, for this child, lord, have mercy,send some one or an angel to stop this madness, and turn this child around from doing this wicked thing. and save this soul and mother from hell.
amen

I should find out more today. I am still praying there is time for the girl to change her mind.

Jojo~

Today is the first I have seen this thread... I know my words are of little value in your pain,
but please be assured that our Lord Jesus Christ is fully able to do a great work here~ even if the baby is lost...

God takes the evil our hands make~ and breaks our hearts over it, by allowing our sin to become VERY real in our lives. This young girl is being chastened ~ in a way. She is having to have an abortion (she thinks). We know it is because of her choice to sin. But God is at work! :yes

I pray that our God Who is in love with her soul, will draw her to Himself through this terrible thing. That He will get her alone... in her heart in her life if He wills it. That He will strip away every thing in her flesh and her thinking that may keep her from repenting, and speak gently into the depth of her heart of His great love for her.:heart I pray she will fall on her knees in full repentence and fear of God, with true godly sorrow~ that she may take Him solely as Lord and trust Him for her life from that day on.

I also ask our Father, for the grace with which He saves to be so well known among the young people who know her that many will see Christ and find salvation. For ONLY God can do such a marvelous work! That the so-precious life of this tiny child ...would work great salvation for many! :nod

And to God alone be all the glory beyond the end of this world into every moment of eternity for His goodness to humanity! Glory in the Highest~ to Him Who sits enthroned! Oh, let Your wonderful gospel be shared fully this season dear Father~ that men may know freshly and in reality Your Peace!

:amen

Thank you, Bonnie. I'm sad to report that the baby is gone now. I wish she would have changed her mind, but she didn't. I know God heard our prayers and that the little life is now with Him, and I know God could have changed the situation in a flash. But He doesn't force obedience on any of us.

then i shall share this as comfort that many woman that have had abortions and have repented to the lord often wonder where that child is, in heaven, they have seen them in visions in with the lord holding them and they do age.

my wife years before marrying me, i not the father of her kids, had a miscarriage in 1977. yrs later her youngest had a dream that a boy said that he was her brother and asked why she was wearing his clothes or something to that effect. she then called my wife and asked about that. she never knew that she could have an older brother if he lived.

why this maynot be biblical to some, i do find it comforting for those that have lost children due to abortion and other causes.

Jo Jo, how many months was she ? And did they do a partial birth abortion ? I am just now seeing this topic, I think you all know how I hate abortion.

JoJo said:
I believe with all my heart that if abortion was illegal, my daughter's friend would have had a different outlook. I think she either would have abstained from sex (or at least have been more careful) or would be considering keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption. I seriously do not think she would have had an illegal abortion...and I think she represents the many.

I would agree. Even though there would still be some illegal abortions being performed, there would be much fewer. We need to teach morality, right and wrong, respect for life, values ....

Not the easy way out, which is really no way out, because the repercussions from abortion are serious, causing damage to the mother who has allowed someone to kill her baby/babies, and then the ongoing pain, hurt, torment, and even physical complications ....

And remember the father too, who is often just as guilty. He must also endure the torment of knowing that his children were murdered.

Lewis W said:
Jo Jo, how many months was she ? And did they do a partial birth abortion ? I am just now seeing this topic, I think you all know how I hate abortion.

She was as far along as you legally can be. That's another reason why I wanted to pray so hard for her to change her mind. She had been putting it off and that gave me cause for hope. And that made it all the more sad.

Don't know about partial birth or how it was done.

vja4Him said:
I would agree. Even though there would still be some illegal abortions being performed, there would be much fewer. We need to teach morality, right and wrong, respect for life, values ....

Not the easy way out, which is really no way out, because the repercussions from abortion are serious, causing damage to the mother who has allowed someone to kill her baby/babies, and then the ongoing pain, hurt, torment, and even physical complications ....

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, there would definitely be less abortions if it were illegal. It's just logical. People use the argument that making drugs illegal doesn't make them any less rampant, but doing or carrying drugs is A LOT different than having an abortion. A major emotional and physical procedure -- not an everyday occurrence for an individual.

Back