Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

About the "Holy Rosary" prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mary

A comparison:

The communion of saints!

The camp of the infidels & heretics!

The name of Mary in the communion of saints is sweet indeed!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Thy name is as oil poured out!

Oil heals and fuels the flame of love of God!

Oil is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and the fire of divine love to those in the communion of saints, mother of salvation, but to those in the camp of heretics it burns them up, it is bitterness, the sweet name of Mary is automatically idolatry, worship, and blasphemy!

In the communion of saints Mary is our sweet mother Jn 19:26 & rev 12:1 and mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30 but in the camp of the enemies of God she is the hammer of heretics!

In the communion of saints the name of Mary is life!

The air we breathe!

Just as breathing is a sign of life so the frequent pronunciation of the sweet name of Mary is a sign of the supernatural life of grace that mary found, Lk 1:30 when she with the power of the Holy Ghost brought forth our eternal salvation, but in the camp of heretics it is a….. well you get the idea!

I will leave to each one to determine what group they belong too!

If we greet Mary with the “Hail Mary” she will greet us with grace!
Saint Bonaventure

Mary was seen as the Ark of Noah, built by divine command who escaped the effects of sin (cf. Gen 6:9). Jacob’s Ladder, which reached from earth to heaven and witnessed the ascent and descent of angels, was seen as a type of the future intercession of the Blessed Virgin (cf. Gen 28:12). The Fathers saw the Burning Bush of Moses as a type of Mary, because it held the presence of God within itself, but did not experience material corruption (cf. Ex 3:1). In the Canticle of Canticles, Mary is depicted as the impenetrable Tower of David and as the enclosed and inviolable garden (cf. Cant 4:4,12), which reflects her purity and perpetual virginity. The Temple of God in 1 Kings 8 represented a sanctified house of God which foreshadowed Mary as the future tabernacle of Jesus. And references to created wisdom in the feminine gender from the book of Wisdom are also seen to foreshadow Our Lady, who is the “Seat of Wisdom.”

Arguably the greatest of the Old Testament types of Mary is the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest which held the presence of God for the people of Israel. The Ark contained the tablets on which the Ten Commandments were written (cf. Deut 10:5), a gold vessel holding manna which fed the Israelites during the Exodus (cf. Ex 16:34), and the rod of Aaron which blossomed (cf. Heb 9:4).
God himself gave the description of the ark to be built (cf. Ex 25:10-22), and the Ark was the visible sign of God’s presence and protection. The presence of God in the form of a cloud would also overshadow the Ark, which came to be known as the shekinah, meaning the Divine Presence or Divine Glory.
The humble Virgin of Nazareth becomes the “New Ark” of the Covenant, an eternal covenant between God and humanity in the person of Jesus Christ. As the Holy Spirit overshadows Mary (symbolized by the shekinah overshadowing the Ark), Mary becomes the sacred container directly and immaculately fashioned by God himself to bear Jesus Christ. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law of the Ten Commandments, the Eternal High Priest, and the Eucharistic manna which feeds unto life eternal. Mary as the New Ark of the Eternal Covenant, should also be seen as a true sign of God’s presence and protection for the Church in every age.

It seem that you elevate her as a god.

Deut 18:10-11
10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist

or

who consults the dead.
I agree with you scripture but not your first assertion
See Lk 1:49

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have received come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death. Jesus Christ is the source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist

or

who consults the dead.
Not dead

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

or

who consults the dead.
Bible proves that Mary is not a Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

A good tree CANNOT bear bad fruit!
A bad tree (sinner) cannot bear good fruit! (Savior / salvation)

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

A Good tree cannot bear bad fruit!
A biblical principle approved by Jesus even though He knew it would be used to defend His sinless mother!

Cannot give enough glory to Mary!

Lk 2:32 a light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Jesus is the fruit of Mary!
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, Mary is the mother of the light of the world and if the son receives glory Mary receives glory, if the sin is holy Mary is holy!

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit!

If Jesus is the fruit of Mary and the glory of Israel then so is Mary!

A good tree must bear good fruit!

or

who consults the dead.
Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Paul said:

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Are going to accuse Him of being a God?

once I tried all 4 parts of the holy rosary, all mysteries, 3 times in a row, after each complete 4 parts I had a 30 minute break...
it took almost 8 hours
whoever succeeds even only 2x in a row, already feels the great light, but after three ..
but when I prayed the complete holy rosary 3 times in a row, it already created a state for me, it was like the opiates that Americans take... but without any subsequent bad states..
and that day when I slept, I had to visit the heavens, because then I experienced the most beautiful and intense dreams I've ever had... until then I had never been in such a "place" in a dream..
this is probably how the real world we are going to look like, there is complete peace and a nice atmosphere, music was playing in the background like in some game, everyone there was very friendly..

you dont understand.
a rosery is giving UNWARRANTED WORSHIP to a long gone human who didn't resurrect. And besides, it is Mary who is meditated on way too often.
Worship GOD on HIS terms. Maryology is AGAINST His terms.

One of the Rosary items is "pray for us sinners." THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE DEAD CAN ANSWER PRAYERS!!
Jesus is alive, though. Mabye pray to Him instead of fallible men/women??

Imagine a "pagan rosary", a rosary that gives worship to pagan gods AS WELL AS the True God.
60% about God but 40% idolatry. Compromise stinks. The 40% is the one that should go away.

Oh, but now all of a sudden you think its idolatry? That shows that you cannot detect the flaws in your worldview and the arbitrariness of it. Maryology IS a form of idolatry.

You BeLieve that maryology isn't bad because SOMEONE ELSE TOLD YOU SO.
It's not a logical conclusion in any sense. It is just "dogma".

Did you know that 'hail mary' was a greeeting, and NOT evidence that she is a "superhuman"??
Catholic always love to exaggerate her blessing beyond what Scripture says.

By their logic, EVERYONE who is "blessed" under their worldview should be "kings of Heaven" as well!!
Many people in the Bible were blessed, so why not choose the others? Oh right- it's more "convincing" to use Mary.

ONLY GOD has SUPREME DOMINION. No mere human will ever qualify for having the dominion God has. Not. Even. Mary.

I have an EXPERIMENT for you.
Take a close LOOK at as much of the rosary as you can - And compare HOW MANY TIMES it EXALTS MARY, and Then how many times it exalts God.
What are God’s “terms” for worship?
What constitutes or wha is required for public worship?

you dont understand.
a rosery is giving UNWARRANTED WORSHIP to a long gone human who didn't resurrect. And besides, it is Mary who is meditated on way too often.
Worship GOD on HIS terms. Maryology is AGAINST His terms.

One of the Rosary items is "pray for us sinners." THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE DEAD CAN ANSWER PRAYERS!!
Jesus is alive, though. Mabye pray to Him instead of fallible men/women??

Imagine a "pagan rosary", a rosary that gives worship to pagan gods AS WELL AS the True God.
60% about God but 40% idolatry. Compromise stinks. The 40% is the one that should go away.

Oh, but now all of a sudden you think its idolatry? That shows that you cannot detect the flaws in your worldview and the arbitrariness of it. Maryology IS a form of idolatry.

You BeLieve that maryology isn't bad because SOMEONE ELSE TOLD YOU SO.
It's not a logical conclusion in any sense. It is just "dogma".

Did you know that 'hail mary' was a greeeting, and NOT evidence that she is a "superhuman"??
Catholic always love to exaggerate her blessing beyond what Scripture says.

By their logic, EVERYONE who is "blessed" under their worldview should be "kings of Heaven" as well!!
Many people in the Bible were blessed, so why not choose the others? Oh right- it's more "convincing" to use Mary.

ONLY GOD has SUPREME DOMINION. No mere human will ever qualify for having the dominion God has. Not. Even. Mary.

I have an EXPERIMENT for you.
Take a close LOOK at as much of the rosary as you can - And compare HOW MANY TIMES it EXALTS MARY, and Then how many times it exalts God.
What’s your problem with dogma?
You actually believe 80 to 90 percent of Catholic dogma!

Example number 12: “there is only one God”!

Most people oppose dogma but don’t even know what it is

Concise statements of the Christian faith, defined and decreed (bound on earth and in heaven) divine revelation from Christ to His church!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32
Christ’s and His church’s teaching are one! Lk 10:16 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21

The same apostolic authority from Christ that decided and decreed the New Testament cannon of sacred scripture also decreed the 255 dogmas!

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
Song of S. 4:2 love of God for Mary!
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5

Mary is created by God thru the immaculate conception worthy to receive grace, and the miraculous conception of the Holy Spirit, and the savior and our salvation!

Notice how Christ died for us!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We were not worthy to die for our own salvation!

The same applies to grace, we are not worthy to receive grace, so God made Mary by the immaculate conception worthy to receive all grace for us, and worthy to miraculously conceive of the Holy Spirit and to give birth to our savior and worthy to receive our salvation!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Lk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

God will not give grace to one who is not worthy or who cannot receive it, God will not give graces only to be lost or wasted but must be Efficacious!

All graces are merited by Christ (Jn 1:16-17 1 Jn 1:7) and given to men in the immaculate conception, (Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 Heb 4:16 until we are able thru baptism (Jn 3:5) to receive them!

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Mary had this faith for us, (Lk 1:45 )and became the mother of our salvation!
(Lk 2:30)

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Just as redemption is held in Christ so grace is held on Mary! Lk 1:28 full of grace Heb 4:16 the throne of grace Lk 1:30 found favor of our salvation

This applies to Mary not by nature but by the power and will of God!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us thru Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

And Jesus Christ the source of all grace came thru Mary!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of divine grace!

Mary is the divine treasury the Throne of grace! Heb 4:16

Biblical principle!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back