Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

am in sadness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
3: Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4: The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
6: For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

When sorrow comes under the power of Divine grace, it works out a manifold ministry in our lives. Sorrow reveals unknown depths in the soul, and unknown capabilities of experience and service. Gay, trifling people are always shallow, and never suspect the little meannesses in their nature. Sorrow is God's plowshare that turns up and subsoils the depths of the soul, that it may yield richer harvests. If we had never fallen, or were in a glorified state, then the strong torrents of Divine joy would be the normal force to open up all our souls' capacities; but in a fallen world, sorrow, with despair taken out of it, is the chosen power to reveal ourselves to ourselves. Hence it is sorrow that makes us think deeply, long, and soberly.

Sorrow makes us go slower and more considerately, and introspect our motives and dispositions. It is sorrow that opens up within us the capacities of the heavenly life, and it is sorrow that makes us willing to launch our capacities on a boundless sea of service for God and our fellows.

We may suppose a class of indolent people living at the base of a great mountain range, who had never ventured to explore the valleys and canyons back in the mountains; and some day, when a great thunderstorm goes careening through the mountains, it turns the hidden glens into echoing trumpets, and reveals the inner recesses of the valley, like the convolutions of a monster shell, and then the dwellers at the foot of the hills are astonished at the labyrinths and unexplored recesses of a region so near by, and yet so little known. So it is with many souls who indolently live on the outer edge of their own natures until great thunderstorms of sorrow reveal hidden depths within that were never hitherto suspected.

God never uses anybody to a large degree, until after He breaks that one all to pieces. Joseph had more sorrow than all the other sons of Jacob, and it led him out into a ministry of bread for all nations. For this reason, the Holy Spirit said of him, "Joseph is a fruitful bough…by a well, whose branches run over the wall" (Gen. 49:22). It takes sorrow to widen the soul. --The Heavenly Life

The dark brown mould's upturned
By the sharp-pointed plow;
And I've a lesson learned.

My life is but a field,
Stretched out beneath God's sky,
Some harvest rich to yield.

Where grows the golden grain?
Where faith? Where sympathy?
In a furrow cut by pain.
--Afaltbie D. Babcock

FROM VINC'S POST

3: Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4: The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
6: For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

http://blueletterbible.org/kjv/Psa/Psa091.html

1: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2: I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3: Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4: He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5: Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6: Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7: A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8: Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9: Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10: There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11: For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12: They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13: Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14: Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15: He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16: With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Biblereader said:
You know what separates me from the love of God?

Myself. My sin nature, carnal mind, my self.

Psalms 33:13-22 The Lord watches from heaven; he sees all people. From the place where he lives he looks carefully at all the earth’s inhabitants. He is the one who forms every human heart, and takes note of all their actions. No king is delivered by his vast army; a warrior is not saved by his great might. A horse disappoints those who trust in it for victory; despite its great strength, it cannot deliver.

33:18 Look, the Lord takes notice of his loyal followers, those who wait for him to demonstrate his faithfulness by saving their lives from death and sustaining them during times of famine. We wait for the Lord; he is our deliverer and shield. For our hearts rejoice in him, for we trust in his holy name. May we experience your faithfulness, O Lord, for we wait for you.

Biblereader
May i suggest you put on the whole armour of God.
Eph 6:10-18
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

aS I said earlier. You need to stop letting the evil one whisper in your ear.
You are listening to the father of lies. There is no condemnation for those who are in christ Jesus. You need to make the decision to stop living in Romans chapter 7 and begin to live in Romans Chapter 8..
GOD is there and ready to recieve you.
blessings to you.
Javier

I'd like to share something else, and hear what all of you have been through.
About 8 years ago, a friend of my husband and mine, got cancer and died.
Then, a relative of ours got cancer, and died.
after that, another relative of mine got brain cancer, and died.
Then, woman down the street from us, got aids, and died from that.
About 4 years ago, an aunt of mine, who was like a mother to me, died.
Of cancer. I visited her grave many times after that, putting new flowers on it.
Finally was over the grief.
Then, my dad got cancer, and, he pulled through it. That was good. He still has a few problems, though.
then, the neighbor across the street, his son died in a fire.
Before that, his wife died of brain cancer.
Then, a friend of my husband's, his wife got cancer, and died.
Then, my husband's mother got cancer, and died, about 2 years ago, around valentine's day.
then, my mother gets lung cancer, and has another terrible condition, that could kill her almost instantly, at any minute. She doesn't want any chemo, and that's her choice.
Then, I get this illness, and it's been ongoing, and causing a lot of stress, to put it impersonally.
I don't think I know anyone who has not died of cancer, in the past 8 years.
Why is there so much cancer? I know it's now thought to be caused by a virus, but,if that's so, then, it should be transmissable to the caretakers and the family members, but, it isn't.
Also, did you know a city in Florida has the highest rate of lung cancer in the U.S.?
Why does one city cause so much lung cancer? Any ideas?
What other cities in the U.S. are highest in, say, liver disease, or, autism,
or, stroke, or alzheimers, or high blood pressure?
Do any of you have similar accounts of people dying, almost all from the same disease?

Has anyone in here been the caregiver of a chronically ill person?

I'm familiar with Hospice, they took care of 2 of my relatives, in their last days.
But, all hospice does is cook, clean, give medicines, and talk to the dying person. Hospice just sits there in the room, until the person dies, and then they call the family.

jgredline said:
Biblereader
May i suggest you put on the whole armour of God.
Eph 6:10-18
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

aS I said earlier. You need to stop letting the evil one whisper in your ear.
You are listening to the father of lies. There is no condemnation for those who are in christ Jesus. You need to make the decision to stop living in Romans chapter 7 and begin to live in Romans Chapter 8..
GOD is there and ready to recieve you.
blessings to you.
Javier

BTW, I've thought about what you said here. What does a Christian do when the armour keeps falling off, and they don't want it to?
attack, attack, attack, attack. I think it's a battle for the mind, don't you, Javier?

I'm ready to share this now:

This Psalm was powerful to me, the other day. Read it, and ask the Lord to reveal to you, what He revealed to me, on the same scale.

Please share with me what you felt as you read this:

1: Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2: Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4: Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5: Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6: The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
7: He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
8: The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9: He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
10: He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11: For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12: As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
13: Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14: For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
15: As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
16: For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17: But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
18: To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
19: The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
20: Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
21: Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
22: Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

Biblereader said:
Why is there so much cancer?
I think people are living longer and beating other diseases so more people live long enough to get cancer. I think we are also quicker to diagnose it. Probably a lot of people died from cancer without it being known.

That is a great psalm, thank you for sharing it.

I probably couldn't do it justice... So I'll just keep it short.

It speaks to me of where my hope is and how we serve such a loving God.

Biblereader said:
BTW, I've thought about what you said here. What does a Christian do when the armour keeps falling off, and they don't want it to?
attack, attack, attack, attack. I think it's a battle for the mind, don't you, Javier?

Biblereader
Yes! This is and has always been a battle of the mind. This is Why the Apostle Pauls tells us to ''be transformed by the renewing of your mind''..

You and many others will look at me like a quack, but so be it. There was a time in my Life where I was going through so much and felt like there was nothing I could do..Its at these times that the demonic armis attack. They will kick you when your down. It seemed like my Prayers were bouncing of the wall and no matter how much I prayed or had people pray for me, '' NOTHING''
It was not until I started to study and meditate on the scriptures of EPH 6:10 that my life got better. What I did was this. I phyisically went through the motions of putting on Gods armor every day. First thing I did as soon as I woke up in the morning was Pray and read until I memorized Eph 6:10

i went through the motions of putting on the Helmet, then the breast plate, then the shoes, then the shield and the sword. I would change the order around a bit so as it not turn into a religious event for me. I did this for well over 2 years and still do from time to time. By going through the motions I proclaiming Victory in Jesus. I bet your thinking that I am a penicostal right? Well I am not, I am very conservative charismatic Christian with from what my friends tell me a dash of penticostal in me. What ever it is I am a bible believing Christian. Anyway I got off topic.
So after a while of doing it the attacks stopped. Resist the devil and he will flee. aNY way, it takes an act of faith to go through the motions. An act that will please the Lord because your taking his word seriously and an Act that will push the evil ones away.

Anyway if I don't make sense, let me know.
Blessings,
Javier

Some of what I got from this beautiful Psalm, Stove Bolts:

13: Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14: For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

I praise God that He remembers I am only dust. The older I get, the more I see the flesh can not be depended upon.

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
18: To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
MERCY! Plead for mercy from the Lord! Be glad that He is merciful, because we are such sinful creatures. We are bad, we are in sin, unless we're single mindedly on Jesus Christ, and serving our Creator, God. If you are not serving Jesus Christ, not focused on God, what are you focused on? Whom are you serving?

The mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him...
DO YOU FEAR GOD?
He is above all, everything is subject to Him, everyone is subject to Him.
Everything. He is all powerful, present everywhere, and knows EVERY THOUGHT.

JG, it's not coincidence that just today, this afternoon, I was putting on the armor of God. I was actually standing up and fighting, because I can do all things through Christ Who strengeneth me. Greater is He Who is in me, than He who is in the world.
I also thought of the verse, : 0Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

What would we be like, as Christians, if God opened our eyes to the spiritual wickedness, the evil powers, if we could see them? I'd rather see the angels of God around me, and their chariots of fire round about me.

Are any of you familiar with this bible passage?
15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Biblereader said:
JG, it's not coincidence that just today, this afternoon, I was putting on the armor of God. I was actually standing up and fighting, because I can do all things through Christ Who strengeneth me. Greater is He Who is in me, than He who is in the world.
I also thought of the verse, : 0Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

What would we be like, as Christians, if God opened our eyes to the spiritual wickedness, the evil powers, if we could see them? I'd rather see the angels of God around me, and their chariots of fire round about me.

Are any of you familiar with this bible passage?
15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

BibleReader
The fact that you stood up to put on the armour and a fight ensued is as you pointed out is NO coincidence. Praise God that his Holy Spirit gave you those scriptures that would rebuke the evil one and his armies. You touched in on the enemies territory, BUT NO WEAPON FORGED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER.. Keep putting on the armour and Always be ready to give praise and honor to our God Jesus Christ who is fighting this battle for you and us.
Give him praise especially when your down.

I am well aware of the scriptures you pointed out and truly those were revealed to you by the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,
Javier

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back