Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Answered prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Marianne333

So I just wish to share what I think is an answered prayer. In the Bible when God performed miracles or Jesus healed someone they always testified about that. So here I am writing about answered prayer. So I am not old (middle aged) but lately I have been weak to the point that if I walked outside to the pharmacy or grocery shopping I was exhausted. I prayed that the Lord gives me my strength back that I walk no problem. At first nothing was changing, but today I went outside and walked a decent distance and was not exhausted or even tired. and when I got home I didn't have to rerst or anything as I did before. So I praise the Lord for this and pray that it will stay with me. Amen.

Hey All,
It is wonderful that you are feeling better Marianne3333. God can work miracles. I have seen them firsthand. My mom was healed from colon cancer. The X-ray showed it. They scheduled her for surgery. They did a followup X-ray and guess what? No cancer. She went for checkups every 3 months for two years. The cancer never returned. She is 87 now and is cancer free. She has other ailments but no cancer.
That said, I would recommend that you see your doctor at your earliest convenience. I experienced something very similar. I would go shopping and by the time I returned to my car, I was so out of breath I would have to sit in the car 10-15 minutes before the heavy breathing and rapid heartbeat would return to normal. Now I am not an overweight person. Nor was I a small or weak person.I am 6'2" and about 215-220 lbs, and was a weightlifter most of my life. (That's the same weight as when I graduated from high school btw.) I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with aphib; a type of heart condition where my heart skips a beat every so often. I am now taking medicine to keep it controlled.
I am not trying to downplay your miracle. But don't waste it either. God has given you something very special; more time. Be a good steward and get yourself checked out. Verify that the problem no longer exists. Just a word of concern.
Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz

thank you for sharing your testimony, Marianne! That's awesome, bless you and I pray for perfect health to you, may God keep restoring you more and more - may you be filled with His love.

Blessings!

Hey All,
It is wonderful that you are feeling better Marianne3333. God can work miracles. I have seen them firsthand. My mom was healed from colon cancer. The X-ray showed it. They scheduled her for surgery. They did a followup X-ray and guess what? No cancer. She went for checkups every 3 months for two years. The cancer never returned. She is 87 now and is cancer free. She has other ailments but no cancer.
That said, I would recommend that you see your doctor at your earliest convenience. I experienced something very similar. I would go shopping and by the time I returned to my car, I was so out of breath I would have to sit in the car 10-15 minutes before the heavy breathing and rapid heartbeat would return to normal. Now I am not an overweight person. Nor was I a small or weak person.I am 6'2" and about 215-220 lbs, and was a weightlifter most of my life. (That's the same weight as when I graduated from high school btw.) I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with aphib; a type of heart condition where my heart skips a beat every so often. I am now taking medicine to keep it controlled.
I am not trying to downplay your miracle. But don't waste it either. God has given you something very special; more time. Be a good steward and get yourself checked out. Verify that the problem no longer exists. Just a word of concern.
Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz
Thank you

Several people over the years have asked if they could pray for me, and then proceed to think about my head area in their prayer. All this does is cause a few false visions. More popular still is praying against someone, which leaves a feeling of depression which leaves as soon as the praying stops. (This led to me inventing humming hymns in order to fight depression.

I have developed a way of praying that involves praying for the whole body. After permission to pray is given, you imagine coming up through the feet of the person and up into their whole body in faith. The effect is at first laughter, and then on to an angelic plain. Here the person being prayed for can ask the Angels for a state of grace to overcome what has been troubling them. A feeling of elation is left after the event. A cancer cure can be asked for at this time.

It is possible to form a ring of Christians, all of whom pray for the person to their right. In this way all of them can reach the Heavens, not in body, but in spirit, and the feeling of elation gives new meaning to our faith.

Hey All,
I have never heard of this method of prayer Andi Kadir-Buxton. How did you come up with it?

Several people over the years have asked if they could pray for me, and then proceed to think about my head area in their prayer. All this does is cause a few false visions. More popular still is praying against someone, which leaves a feeling of depression which leaves as soon as the praying stops. (This led to me inventing humming hymns in order to fight depression.

I have developed a way of praying that involves praying for the whole body. After permission to pray is given, you imagine coming up through the feet of the person and up into their whole body in faith. The effect is at first laughter, and then on to an angelic plain. Here the person being prayed for can ask the Angels for a state of grace to overcome what has been troubling them. A feeling of elation is left after the event. A cancer cure can be asked for at this time.

It is possible to form a ring of Christians, all of whom pray for the person to their right. In this way all of them can reach the Heavens, not in body, but in spirit, and the feeling of elation gives new meaning to our faith.
There are no new age ways of praying as what you have presented here as Jesus has already taught us how to pray for others as we pray in the name of Jesus as we send up our petitions before Him.

Prayers consist of faith, consecration and commitment.

Prayer is very hard for some people as they do not know how to pray or they think there should be some grand format to follow to make a perfect prayer. Some are even afraid to even approach Jesus as they feel he is unreachable in their lives for the way they live, but Jesus will hear the prayers of anyone who has a sincere heart for the Lord no matter who they are and in all boldness and a humbled heart will come before His throne of grace.
(Hebrews 4:16; 7:25)

Praying is humbling ourselves before the Lord and making a petition before him in simplicity of words for whatever our need is. Jesus, as our mediator, sits at the right hand of God making intercession for the saints of God as he presents our petitions before the Father. You do not need eloquent elaborate words or long prayers that use vain repetitions like the Pharisees used as God called them hypocrites because they were arrogant in their ways loving to have others see them in such formality who made the outside of themselves look good, but were nothing more than full of iniquity.
(Romans 8:34; 1Timothy 2:5; Matthew 6:5-8)

Jesus is our mediator to the Father and just wants us to sit and talk with him like we would sit and talk with our best friend. Our prayer language needs to be in this same way. When you have a need just talk to him and speak from your heart. We do not have to be repetitious in our prayers as Jesus already heard you the first time. Pray once and then stand strong in faith to know God has heard your prayer and then just keep praising him and thanking him for his answer to your prayer even though you might not see an answer yet, but know that God in his timing will answer you. Gods answer may not be what we want to hear at times and his answer can be no at times, but God knows what is better for us then we do and we need to trust in this.

So I just wish to share what I think is an answered prayer. In the Bible when God performed miracles or Jesus healed someone they always testified about that. So here I am writing about answered prayer. So I am not old (middle aged) but lately I have been weak to the point that if I walked outside to the pharmacy or grocery shopping I was exhausted. I prayed that the Lord gives me my strength back that I walk no problem. At first nothing was changing, but today I went outside and walked a decent distance and was not exhausted or even tired. and when I got home I didn't have to rerst or anything as I did before. So I praise the Lord for this and pray that it will stay with me. Amen.
I praise the Lord for you and this great testimony of God's healing power. There is so much power in prayer as we go before the Lord. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back