Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Anthropology is Part of Hermeneutics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JohnDB

School when you are young is a drag...most can't wait to get out. Kids hate it. Some students do very well. Others struggle to get barely passing grades. College today is exhorbitantly expensive. Kids can't hardly wait to grow up to do all the things that "grown ups" do.
BUT
When we get older a part of us wishes we could have done better in school. We wish could have gone farther so we could do more. And people would recognize us as being an authority. But we also know that we didn't...and couldn't.

But...what if one day... something miraculous happened. The best of the best said, "I'm going to give you an opportunity"

School when you are young is a drag...most can't wait to get out. Kids hate it. Some students do very well. Others struggle to get barely passing grades. College today is exhorbitantly expensive. Kids can't hardly wait to grow up to do all the things that "grown ups" do.
BUT
When we get older a part of us wishes we could have done better in school. We wish could have gone farther so we could do more. And people would recognize us as being an authority. But we also know that we didn't...and couldn't.

But...what if one day... something miraculous happened. The best of the best said, "I'm going to give you an opportunity"

Umm,.. okay. You told me that you wanted me to watch this and tell me what I thought of this and well,.. I did find it interesting. I definitely have the passion for Jesus in my heart as a Christian, and I do like learning about the scripture, I just don't like to spend all day with it like this guy was talking about. If I was spending all day with Jesus personally that would be different, I just don't like to read an awful lot. As for wanting to become like Jesus, well,.. He might believe that I can, but I don't believe that I can because He is perfect and I am not so would you be mad and totally upset and disappointed with me if I told you that I didn't even want to try for that very reason?

Oh and no I don't wish that I could have done better in school. I did the best I could and I'm glad that I'm all finished with it. The only thing that I miss about it are my friends.

Umm,.. okay. You told me that you wanted me to watch this and tell me what I thought of this and well,.. I did find it interesting. I definitely have the passion for Jesus in my heart as a Christian, and I do like learning about the scripture, I just don't like to spend all day with it like this guy was talking about. If I was spending all day with Jesus personally that would be different, I just don't like to read an awful lot. As for wanting to become like Jesus, well,.. He might believe that I can, but I don't believe that I can because He is perfect and I am not so would you be mad and totally upset and disappointed with me if I told you that I didn't even want to try for that very reason?

This is where you can fight and argue a losing battle with Jesus.

Because Jesus said" You didn't ask me to become my disciple, I ASKED YOU."

Because He believes in you even if you don't. He knows your limits. He knows your flaws...and He believes in you anyway.

I, like many many others, have had arguments with God...
And when I came to my senses I wished I hadn't argued.

This is where you can fight and argue a losing battle with Jesus.

Because Jesus said" You didn't ask me to become my disciple, I ASKED YOU."

Because He believes in you even if you don't. He knows your limits. He knows your flaws...and He believes in you anyway.

I, like many many others, have had arguments with God...
And when I came to my senses I wished I hadn't argued.

Trust me. I have way too many flaws to be considered a disciple. There are a lot of things that I'm not too happy about with myself, and other things that I enjoy like certain music, shows, and movies, I feel that I would have to give up in order to do so. Sorry if that sounds like I'm being selfish when I say that but all in all I really like the person that I am now and although there are some things I want to change, I just don't want to change everything about me just because it's what Jesus would do when I'm not Jesus. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't think about Him before I were to do something sinful. I have found that has helped me a lot with my cursing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back