Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

apocalypse

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I took a look and looked at a few articles. I would suggest separating out "proof" from the messages to Christians.

I would have difficulty identifying anything on the site that isn't proof. Please let me know what you have problems with.

I thought the site's idea of Buddhism was rather comical...you can't get people to convert from their faith in two pages....espeically with the distorted image of Buddhism he had.

The concept that God would place indicators in terminology and practices of other religions is not comical - far from it. God is everywhere. The document disproves Buddhism using the linguistic and ideological markers that God has left all over creation (a Buddhist could probably identify far more of them that I have). The white elephant is one example (an English phrase for a waste of time), English being the primary language of Christianity at the End.

alasdair said:
I would have difficulty identifying anything on the site that isn't proof. Please let me know what you have problems with.
A lot of it seems to be neat stuff you find in the Bible rather than proof that Christianity is the "truth." Maybe it looks like proof to you, but I think you need to show that Christianity is "truth" in a rational sense.

The proof comes from "neat stuff in the Bible" - that is what the stuff in the Bible is there for!

There is neat stuff in every religious book. You need to show how or why Christianity is different and how this neat stuff is proof of some higher truth.

Quath said:
There is neat stuff in every religious book. You need to show how or why Christianity is different and how this neat stuff is proof of some higher truth.

Agreed. Every religion presents its version of the 'truth'. Being raised entirely in one dogmatic view of the world prevents you from recognizing that there are several 'truths' out there, and none of them reign supreme. And none of them can be proven logically or scientifically.

Simply put, humans cannot know the ultimate truths. The search for it is rather illusory.

That is why I simply work to be a good person and have a general feeling that there is some sort of divine force in the universe. Whether I am right is another issue altogether. I cannot prove it.

The website

(a) shows how God communicates with us
(b) disproves false religions
(c) fulfills the Bible; shows how old testament scriptures relate to now
(d) Proves Christianity
(e) Translates prophesy
(f) Shows how God wants us to solve poverty

Guys..... I have always had this feeling that the different religions know the same God but in different ways...... and this was Gods doing.

I live in Australia, and I was actualy watching a documentry about my own country on Foxtell awhile back.
Part of that Documentry involved an aboriginal guide walking through some steep gorges some where in Australia, I cannot remember now exactly where.
However the Camera panned up to where two Gorges met, and at this point was an ancient aboriginal rock paitnting, thousands of years old that had been upkept by the aboriginal tribe that frequented that area.

It was a Face only, that looked out over the surrounding Country side.

Wonjena (supreme being)

I remember thinking to myself at the time..... their view of God!

Peace

Razor,
What makes your view of God any better than their view of God? I find it ironic that you seem to infer some sort of unity between your beliefs? I may have infered incorrectly, please do let me know.

A little closer to home. What makes your view of YHWH any better than lets say, the RCC's view of YHWH? How about the Baptist or even the Unitarian's?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back