Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Attempted Suicide/please pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Brethern, I sure have had a time this week coming against the enemies attack on my family. My brother-in-law [who suffered a stoke 4 yrs. ago] last Wednesday was rushed to the hospital in serious condition with an infection in his kidney's/bladder/bowels that was poisoning his blood and causing him to vomit blood. His/their daddy died of the same thing 4 years ago by everything shutting down. I've been with him all week at the hospital so my mother in law didn't have to worry being that's her health kept her from being by his side....so I stayed with him all week to keep her and my husband from worrying and stressing out. And I'm so exhausted being in a recliner chair all week with my arthritis, no sleep and in a battle of prayer for my brother in law, with the outcome of VICTORY!!!! in Jesus name.

Well I came home today around noon to my favorite 21 year old nephew attempting suicide again, and they had to keep him in a coma state due to the pills he took causing him to stay in a continueous seizure. His daddy committed suicide when he was seven, [hung himself in the garage on New Years] and he witness this. And when it happened I had came up the stairs to him/my nephew kicking the stool out from under himself, as he had the rope tied around the doorknob, thrown over the door and the other end tied around his neck, as I reach the top step. I ran and grabbed him screaming for someone to help me as my sister and husband ran up stairs to help me, and untie the rope from the doorknob, and from over the door as he fought me tooth and nail for me to loose my hold on him, screaming the whole time I want to be with my daddy, I want to be with my daddy.

Though this was one of the situations/steps/trials/ that partiscipated in leading me to the Lord's salvation, it has been the opposite for my nephew. He's full of anger/hate/violent outburst, and my sister has done everything possible to help. This is my [only] sister who denounced me as her sister, because I had my God, what did I need her for....and who hasn't spoke to me in 13 years because I got saved. Though the Lord had convicted me in her home, and I see HIM taking a situation and turning it around for HIS glory in this tragedy.

So here I go again taking the devil by the horns and getting him behind me in the name of Jesus. So please everyone keep him in prayer this is his 3rd attempt. I understand they're sending Scott Jr. to a facility as soon as he comes out of this. I believe that if I could be in Michigan I could talk some sense in him, because he's always had a very high respect for me. But since I can't, I'll talk to Jesus in prayer. But I claim this family curse broken in the name of Jesus, and by faith I claim the spiritual healing of my nephew, and the deliverance of this suicidal spirit...Amen

I would also like to pray for you Carol Lowery that you may have the God given strength to continue being a shinning example of Christ to your family in this time of suffering.

May God bless you and yours.

I lost my father a year and a half ago, shortly after I turned 16. He died the on the same day, new years. He commited suicide with a shotgun. He struggled with alot of things, including hearing voices. My heart reaches out to you.

I will keep you in my prayers, and pray as best I can in my struggles.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back