Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calling evil good

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

2 Timothy 3:1-5 explains what will happen in the last days (which started with Christ's 1st coming). And one of the most important verses in that passage is verse 5; b]having a form of godliness but denying its power." [/b]

And that is what is happening at an alarming rate in the last 60-70 years. It's now called political correctness.

One cannot call evil evil any more because it might offend those who do evil. So under the guise of "love", society condones:

1) homosexuality
2) Pedophile parties such as those in the Netherlands
3) Feels more compassion for perpetrators than for victims
4) Feels more compassion for the Muslim terrorists, rather than for the U.S. who wants top defend itself against them
5) Feels more compassion for the mothers who don't want their pregnancies than for the babies who are their victims

And many more actions, attitudes, and beliefs that justify evil.

So the single biggest justification for the increase in sin and evil will be: having a form of godliness but denying its power. This is how Satan will turn the world upside down and deceive people into thinking that good is evil and evil is good and it's becoming more pronounced on every talk show, news channel, commercial, retail store, music store and newspapers.

That's why it's imperative, more so as we get closer to end times, to know the bible so that we will not fall victims to Satan's lies and will be able to discern good from evil. :wink:

To coin a tired old phrase: It is a sign of the times. Political correctness is a lie, a deception; instead of celebrating our differences, we have to ignore them. This world is so ridiculous, there are people who won't eat meat because they think it is murder yet think nothing of abortion. The law worries so much of protecting the rights of a suspect that they forget about the victim (I am just repeating the things you said in a different way)

We have to live in it, but we can be separate from it. It is hard to live in this world.

There was a time I felt that shacking up was ok... two consenting adults... no problem. The world know not God and cannot decern his morality as opposed to their own.
There is the trend to stifling the opposition to the social attitudes toward these evils. There is tolerance for all except Christ who is not to be mentioned in the public square. God is also being cast out of society a little at a time and those who advocate His presence or His morality are themselves evil and are not to be tolerated.

It's not beyond the realm of imagination that even voicing opposition to whatever the world accepts will be made illegal. I can understand the world upholding evil for the world knows not God but the world is also in process to eliminating it's opposition even to the point of legislation.

Potluck said:
There was a time I felt that shacking up was ok... two consenting adults... no problem. The world know not God and cannot decern his morality as opposed to their own.
There is the trend to stifling the opposition to the social attitudes toward these evils. There is tolerance for all except Christ who is not to be mentioned in the public square. God is also being cast out of society a little at a time and those who advocate His presence or His morality are themselves evil and are not to be tolerated.

It's not beyond the realm of imagination that even voicing opposition to whatever the world accepts will be made illegal. I can understand the world upholding evil for the world knows not God but the world is also in process to eliminating it's opposition even to the point of legislation.

I also believed that there was nothing wrong with living together in my unsaved days. That's how easy it is to be deceived by Satan. :wink:

I think you may be giving Satan too much credit. :-D
He can tempt us but it's us who must act. "The devil made me do it" is a lie, an excuse of our own making.
Sometimes it's very difficult separating our own nature from temptation by Satan.

Potluck said:
I think you may be giving Satan too much credit. :-D
He can tempt us but it's us who must act. "The devil made me do it" is a lie, an excuse of our own making.
Sometimes it's very difficult separating our own nature from temptation by Satan.

Sorry, but I it is you who is underestimating Satan. Only the Holy Spirit can lead us out of Satan's lies as 1 Corinthians 2:14 and John 14:26 tells us. If we could counteract the lies of Satan all by ourselves, then we wouldn't need the Holy Spirit for a thing. Not one thing.

Only Jesus has victory over Satan. And you'll notoce that all people in the bible who have committed grievous sins, did not have the Holy Spirit. God took it away from Saul which is why Saul did evil. God hardened Pharoah's heart. God allowed Satan to enter Judas, God allowed the serpent to deceive Eve. Satan is the ruler of the air which is why Paul calls anyone who doesn't have the Holy Spirit, servants of Satan. So it's never wise to understimate Satan becase as paul tells us, he can even mask himself as an angel of light.

So remember 2 Corinthians 4:4, "For the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God." And the difference between unbelievers and true believers who can see the light is what? The indwelling Holy Spirit that we received when we were born again. ;-)

Heidi said:
Sorry, but I it is you who is underestimating Satan.

Yes, I suppose that may happen and your post brings to light an interesting point.
Without God (the Holy Spirit) there can be no good.* Without love selfishness abounds. Without light there is darkness and without heat there is cold.
Of course there is the middle ground... some light, not all darkness... some love, not all selfishness and some heat, not all cold. But the absence of light yields darkness, the absence of heat yields cold, the absence of love is selfishness and the absence of good is evil.

* Some may think they can do good even though they don't believe God, like helping old ladies across the street, yet one must remember we were all created in His image therefore the good the unbeliever does is of God regardless if they choose to believe that or not. Yet, our sinful nature, pride, separates us from God's presence.

Potluck said:
Yes, I suppose that may happen and your post brings to light an interesting point.
Without God (the Holy Spirit) there can be no good.* Without love selfishness abounds. Without light there is darkness and without heat there is cold.
Of course there is the middle ground... some light, not all darkness... some love, not all selfishness and some heat, not all cold. But the absence of light yields darkness, the absence of heat yields cold, the absence of love is selfishness and the absence of good is evil.

* Some may think they can do good even though they don't believe God, like helping old ladies across the street, yet one must remember we were all created in His image therefore the good the unbeliever does is of God regardless if they choose to believe that or not. Yet, our sinful nature, pride, separates us from God's presence.

Isaiah tells us that our "good works" apart from God are like fithly rags. The actuall term is menustral rags.

Isaiah 64:5-7

aLoneVoice said:
Isaiah tells us that our "good works" apart from God are like fithly rags. The actuall term is menustral rags.

We are taught to pray that God's will be done. It doesn't matter who He chooses to work through... the believer or the unbeliever. There is no distinction. The unbeliever crucified Christ, a divine work done even though it cannot be credited to them as righteousness. Regardless, a "good work" was done by the will of God. However, the unbeliever gives credit not to God for any work done but to himself/herself due to pride. God gave the Assyrians power to chasten Israel but because they chose to claim the victory was of themselves and not of God He punished them also.

Society is decieved by the lies of Satan in many areas, this I believe is very true. But as Adam and Eve willingly took the forbidden fruit and ate so do we have a choice to follow a prideful nature and act upon the temptation or not.

Satan can't make us do anything. He couldn't make Job curse God but he could decieve with misfortune as displayed by his friends.

Satan is a very good liar, unless you have the Holy Spirit, it may be impossible to tell that he is lying.

ChristineES said:
Satan is a very good liar, unless you have the Holy Spirit, it may be impossible to tell that he is lying.

Amen! It is impossible to tell if Satan is lying without the Holy Spirit. :)

Satan mixes some truth in with the lie. Gives the temptation some credibility and something we can accept while not being so sure about the rest.

We must be aware that we each mature in Christ. When I was first saved I wasn't near as sensitive to the Spirit as I was a year later. And as time goes on we learn to listen and respond differently than we did before. It's a walk, one step at a time, with His guidance. We aspire to be more like Christ and less of ourselves. We cannot achieve His perfection in this world but again we mature in Him, growing every day, every year.

So there are times in our walk that we may be susceptable to Satan as he throws things in our path to tempt us away and to stumble. As we grow more in Christ we become more of a threat to Satan. His response is that he too gets tougher. This is why we need to remember to pray for our clergy for they are more in Satan's focus, more of a threat to him.

A pastor in Salt Lake City always admonished us to beware of confidence for it's at that time we can be the weakest.

Potluck said:
Satan mixes some truth in with the lie. Gives the temptation some credibility and something we can accept while not being so sure about the rest.

We must be aware that we each mature in Christ. When I was first saved I wasn't near as sensitive to the Spirit as I was a year later. And as time goes on we learn to listen and respond differently than we did before. It's a walk, one step at a time, with His guidance. We aspire to be more like Christ and less of ourselves. We cannot achieve His perfection in this world but again we mature in Him, growing every day, every year.

So there are times in our walk that we may be susceptable to Satan as he throws things in our path to tempt us away and to stumble. As we grow more in Christ we become more of a threat to Satan. His response is that he too gets tougher. This is why we need to remember to pray for our clergy for they are more in Satan's focus, more of a threat to him.

A pastor in Salt Lake City always admonished us to beware of confidence for it's at that time we can be the weakest.

Bingo! And that's how the Holy Spirit leads us out of sin, Little by little as we can bear. So we are indeed being controlled by the Spirit as Romans 8:9 tells us. :)

ALoneVoice wrote:

Actually you are using that verse out of context. God is pleased when we try to do right. What he hates is pretending to follow him while committing murderous, hateful acts of idolatry and lust in secret. If you will read about Isaiah’s day, you will see that they were putting out a false image of following God while they were also going into the hills and sacrificing their children to idols. Today, you might equate this with having an abortion on Friday to cover up an ongoing adulterous affair, and then singing in the choir on Sunday. God will turn a deaf ear to your hypocritical praise until you truly repent.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back