Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Children and sports

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

My girls have just started playing coach pitch softball and I'm the assistant coach! It is SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! They had their first game tonight and won! YAY! None of the girls knew we won though (since it was the first game, we didn't tell any of them....we just wanted them to have fun) and they had a blast! I highly recommend getting your kids involved in some type of sport and help out if you can. I volunteered but never expected to help coach. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to do it though because it's something that I'm doing WITH my children and I can see it already means a ton to them.

Are your kids in any sports? If so, what kind?

I have three boys (one is only a baby) and 2 of the 3 are in competitive sports. They play competitive baseball in the summer and they are usually involved in a spring and fall sport, too. My oldest son's team just qualified for the state championships at a tournament this week-end.

I was always involved in sports as a youth and it really helped boost my self-confidence. It keeps the kids in shape, it teaches them skills, sportsmanship and even how to sometimes handle difficult personalities.

Sports eventually helped with a sports scholarship to college. It is well worth the time and commitment to do sports. Keep encouraging your girls to participate and it is even fun to coach sometimes!!

I played softball one year as a kid and also played soccer one year. I loved softball, but we moved and I just didn't get involved up here. And I HATED soccer. The girls were mean on my team and I was constantly getting kicked. It seemed like I would always get kicked right above the shin guards... :-?

I wish my parents had pushed sports more though when I was a teen. I'm sure it would have kept my mind of boys a bit more and also pushed me to get better grades. I was just too worried about boys and my friends... :lol:

Very Important

I played football from 4th-10th grade untill I injured my back and basketball from 4th-8th and wouldn't trade those expeirences for an amount of money. (Seriously!) Last year I coached the Deffensive line for my brother's 7th-8th grade team and I hope to continue volunteering in the future. In addition I also received a black belt in karate and was about half way to my second degree when I had to retire from that for medical reasons to do with my back and knees. Despite my problems I wouldn't change anything about what I did. These things have made me who i am and I am eternaly grateful for my coaches and instructors that I have had through the years.

I've seen a huge change in my youngest since playing sports. She's really opened up and come out of her shell.

And my 7 year old just beams when she makes a good play. The other day she hit the ball al the way to the grass....that is a BIG DEAL! She was so excited that she literally jumped to the bases. I was yelling "RUN! Don't jump! RUN!!!!". She made it to 3rd and on the next play, got to cross home plate. She was still jumping from excitement.... :lol:

I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems. But I'm glad to hear that you saw sports as a positive experience.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back