Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] College grad: To go back home or to stay?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
P

purplexed

:wave
I'm graduating college this coming March. I grew up in a christian church, but in this last year of college, I've seen an incredible spiritual growth in my life. God brought me to a church in my college town that has an incredible vision of reaching the lost, and I feel everyone there is "all-in" for Jesus, which I love! It's coming time to graduate in March and I'm torn on whether I should stay or I should go.

Choice 1: Stay here, in my college town, 3 hours away from home, continue to grow and be a part of an awesome church, where I am constantly being encouraged to lead others. I would become a leader at church, and also help translate the messages in spanish... I'd be going to grad school with little to no financial support..the program there is OK, and since I've been at this school a while

Choice 2: Move back home, be a part of my 13 year-old sister's life, and help out my parents financially. If I go back home, I'd go to grad school with a really cool and exciting program. The church back home is pretty dry, and I'm afraid I won't get discipled like I was in college. On the other hand, I could use what I learned from my college church to "wake-up" my home church and make a difference there! Also, being back at home, I may slip back into my old ways and just be a lazy/comfortable christian. I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! I want to lead others to salvation in my family and at my school!

I know I shouldn't be so dependent on the church I go to, but what if God really wants me to stay there? On the other hand, I LOVE my family, and want them to know God and be motivated to reach others... I don't know what God wants me to do, and my college church and family aren't much help because they both want me to stay with them..haha.

Please pray for God to reveal his plan to me. I will go 100% into what God wants me to do once I find out WHAT it is..

Thanks all,

Jessica

Back