Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Devotional: Praying for God's Glory

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
March 11

Praying for God's Glory​

"O Lord, in accordance with all Thy righteous acts, let now Thine anger and Thy wrath turn away from Thy city Jerusalem, Thy holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Thy people have become a reproach to all those around us. So now, our God, listen to the prayer of Thy servant and to his supplications, and for Thy sake, O Lord, let Thy face shine on Thy desolate sanctuary.

"O my God, incline Thine ear and hear! Open Thine eyes and see our desolations and the city which is called by Thy name; for we are not presenting our supplications before Thee on account of any merits of our own but on account of Thy great compassion. O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! For Thine own sake, O my God, do not delay, because Thy city and Thy people are called by Thy name" (Dan. 9:16-19).

God’s glory must be the ultimate goal of every prayer request we make.

Someone once said, "Show me your redeemed life and I might believe in your Redeemer." That's a fair request! As Christians, we are Christ's ambassadors to a dying world. With His Spirit in our hearts and His Word in our hands, we are to speak His truth in love and live a life that lends credibility to what we say.

When we fail to do that, we dishonor God and provide ammunition for those who seek to discredit His work. That was certainly true of Israel. They were God's chosen people yet His name was blasphemed among the Gentiles because of their unbelief and disobedience (Rom. 2:24).

Daniel knew Israel didn't deserve mercy, but he asked God to forgive and restore them to their homeland for His own name's sake. Therein would He be glorified.

When you pray according to God's will, fervently confessing your sins and interceding for others, you're following in the godly tradition of Daniel and every other saint who sought God's glory above all else. May it be so today!

Suggestions for Prayer

Pray for the nation of Israel, that God might redeem many Jewish people for His name's sake (cf. Rom. 10:1).

For Further Study

Read Ezekiel 36:16-38.
  • Why did God scatter Israel? Why will He regather her?
  • How will the Gentile nations react to her regathering?

From Drawing Near by John MacArthur

Back