Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divisions among Christians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Veritas said:
Heidi, I agree that the Bible is meant to be simple. I think that it is good to look into the Greek and Hebrew because we can find depth. But I agree it is wrong to do so in an attempt to change the simple message found within the Bible.

I think the Bible can be understood at a 5-year-old level and at the same time have depth to satisfy the greatest of minds. I think its just one of the miracles and nature of God's Word.

I do not know many 5 year olds that can understand and grasp the meanings of Revelation.

aLoneVoice said:
I do not know many 5 year olds that can understand and grasp the meanings of Revelation.

Actually, I don't know any adult who can understand and grasp the meaning of Revelations. :lol: But since that whole book consists of prophecies through visions, then the whole book is metaphoric which it's supposed to be so that man will not try to alter end times. The rest of the bible is not composed of visions so it's much clearer. :)

Heidi said:
Actually, I don't know any adult who can understand and grasp the meaning of Revelations. :lol: But since that whole book consists of prophecies through visions, then the whole book is metaphoric which it's supposed to be so that man will not try to alter end times. The rest of the bible is not composed of visions so it's much clearer. :)

Heidi - forgive me, but arn't you the one who says that a child can understand the whole Bible?

Just having a little fun with you, but this is a prime example of where your absolutes tend to contradict each other.

aLoneVoice said:
Heidi - forgive me, but arn't you the one who says that a child can understand the whole Bible?

Just having a little fun with you, but this is a prime example of where your absolutes tend to contradict each other.

I never sid the whole bible so I wasn't referring to visions. It was Jesus who said that God reveals himself to little children and hides himself from the wise and learned. So I assume you agree with Jesus. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back