Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Falling Away

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

micaela

I feel like I am starting to become spiritually bored and falling away from God. I forget to pray, neglect my bible reading, and catch myself cussing and thinking bad things. So, I would like to ask for some prayer that I may be drawn back to the Lord.
Thanks,
Micaela

I know that there can be times when the enemy tries to pull us away from God. It is good that you can recognize this so that you can prevent it from getting worse. My suggestion is that you make some time with God in prayer and reading. Are you on a Bible reading plan? Sometimes it's ok to take a break from one reading and read something different. Pick a different book to read and spend a little time with God and ask Him to help you draw near. James 4:8 says that if we draw near to Him, He draws near to us.

I will pray for you.

Micaela.

I assume that since you listed as non-denominational, you don't regularly attend Church or any other gatherings. I won't suggest any Church denomination for you to get related to, but if you can find a Bible study you can attend, do that. One thing you need, and that goes for all of us, is some Christian fellowship.

That is the reason for the Church, to strengthen, uplift, and console its members. By ourselves we tend to get weak, and caught up in other affairs that we should really avoid. So some Christian fellowship is highly recommended. :yes

I also said a Prayer for you.

micaela said:
I feel like I am starting to become spiritually bored and falling away from God. I forget to pray, neglect my bible reading, and catch myself cussing and thinking bad things. So, I would like to ask for some prayer that I may be drawn back to the Lord.
Thanks,
Micaela
having been there recently, i will pray for you. it was a season for me when i went through this. a while. several yrs. but the lord brought me out and im learning new things.

pray and meditate on the word and let it soak into you. its that simple but you must do it.

I have been struggling with the same thing, its something that happens to us all. Sometimes you have to wait and be patient for God to bring that freedom that will get you out from under it all, and just have faith in it. Its not easy though.

I dont really have a bible reading plan, because Jesus taught us to not plan for the day ahead, but just to do what you do. Matthew 6:25-34 (But maybe God has you reading with a plan, and if it works. Keep following his will)

Sometimes its hard to read without another, and if you can't understand things. Its on his time though.

I'll keep you in my prayers, may the Lord our God lift you up very soon.
God Bless

Christs_Servant said:
I have been struggling with the same thing, its something that happens to us all. Sometimes you have to wait and be patient for God to bring that freedom that will get you out from under it all, and just have faith in it. Its not easy though.

I dont really have a bible reading plan, because Jesus taught us to not plan for the day ahead, but just to do what you do. Matthew 6:25-34 (But maybe God has you reading with a plan, and if it works. Keep following his will)

Sometimes its hard to read without another, and if you can't understand things. Its on his time though.

I'll keep you in my prayers, may the Lord our God lift you up very soon.
God Bless

I do know the bible pretty good and I do bible study once a week. I think that this is where I am in big trouble. I know what God wants me to be like, I know the teachings of Jesus and even though i know these things, i still fall away and start ignoring God. Why am I having such a hard time to be a genuinely good Christian? I want to LOVE him with all my soul, i know if I really do LOVE him, it wouldnt be so hard to obey his commandments. and I know HIS way is the right way, and I trust him without a doubt that he will take care of me if i obey, but why is it so hard to obey?

1.) "I do know the bible pretty good."
2.) "I think that this is where I am in big trouble."
3.) "I know what God wants me to be like"

4.) "I know the teachings of Jesus and ... start ignoring God."

5.) "I want to LOVE him..."
6.) "i know if I really do LOVE him..."
7.) "it wouldnt be so hard..."

8.) "he will take care of me if i obey..."

9.) "Why am I having such a hard time to be a genuinely good Christian?"
[/quote]

1-3: You know what's holding you back and what God expects of you.

4: You know exactly what you should be doing instead of ignoring God. I say this because you KNOW you start to ignore him.

5-7: You're excusing yourself, and tryng to qualify yourself as a believer despite the fact that you know his promises of love for you and the rewards of them to your obedience.

8: You sure of this? Then do it! OBEY!

9: Because you're not being genuine and you're following the world when it looks more appetizing then Jesus does.

How wrong am I about any of this?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back