Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] First Sermon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

Texas Lynn

I'm giving my first sermon as a lay speaker on 5/30. Please pray for me in this effort.

I'm glad my parents went back to Texas, though, because knowing my Dad, he'd want to videotape it. I just want it to be over.

I had my final meeting with our pastor over this last night. I was so worried he'd want all kinds of changes, but, thankfully, he didn't except tying it in with Pentecost Sunday and less use of "professional words"...

From childhood as the child of a pastor I have imagined myself occupying a pulpit but I'm scareder than I ever have been. Childbirth was a walk in the park compared to this. I could do that again on the couch while watching Law and Order if I had to. I've never been 'in charge' of a church service before and it's overwhelming to see The Lord and the congregation counting on me.

One version of the Prayer of Dedication we use, whilch we'll use Sunday Morning, is "Lord, open our hearts and minds by the power of the Holy Spirit that as the scriptures were read and your word proclaimed, we may hear with joy what you say to us today. Amen."

Please join me in invoking dedication to God and his will as I make final preparations for this endeavour. Thank you.

God will give you the strength and the words to say and the confidence to be his instrument during your sermon. After my wife's experience giving birth I can't imagine anything more harrowing or painful - I hope your sermon isn't nearly as bad! :)

God bless.

WiLdAtHeArT said:
God will give you the strength and the words to say and the confidence to be his instrument during your sermon. After my wife's experience giving birth I can't imagine anything more harrowing or painful - I hope your sermon isn't nearly as bad! :)

God bless.

Now that was good. Women in our family are very fertile and none of us have had many problems in that area, so far.

Thank you for the sentiments and support.

I pray the Lord is with you in all endeavors and that through Him you are led to each and every endeavor.

God bless,

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
I pray the Lord is with you in all endeavors and that through Him you are led to each and every endeavor.

God bless,

BL

Thank you!

Thanks to all who prayed. It was an unmitigated success, especially in view of how many old folks complimented me on being able to hear me, something they frequently have trouble with the pastor on. What can I say, under other circumstances these lungs could be those of a Carmen or an Aida. For that of course I'd thank the speech and drama teacher at high school who taught how to project the voice. The topic selected went well and was well-received also (Matthew 5:22).

Glad it went well, TL. Your voice must be on the right frequency for your audience's hearing aids! :)

WiLdAtHeArT said:
Glad it went well, TL. Your voice must be on the right frequency for your audience's hearing aids! :)

Thanks, but it's inherited unlike other things. I was born in Fayetteville, Arkansas when my parents the future pastor and choir director were in Bible College. Once they went to a faculty party and this couple from the law school at UA named Clinton were there and the guy kept rubbing my mom's middle. I was born the next week.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back