Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For many will come in my Name, saying, 'I am the Christ'

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, the END is the 70th week, the Church was not here for the other 69 weeks and we will not be here for the 70th eek either.
The phrase "the end of the age" (τῆς συντελείας τοῦ αἰῶνος) occurs only twice in the NT, both times in Matthew:

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"(Matt. 24:3 NKJ)

"teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matt. 28:20 NKJ)

Jesus did not promise "I am with you always, even to the 70th week of Daniel". He clearly means "I am with you always until the consummation of history marked by my return".
The Seventieth Week of Daniel was fulfilled by Christ's sacrifice in the 1st century:

"Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. (Dan. 9:24 NKJ)

Christ fulfilled all the requirements of the law ending sin's hold on mankind, reconciled us to God bringing in everlasting righteousness by grace through faith, sealing up the vision and prophecy of the coming King and anointing the Most Holy Temple of God the Church to be His Dwelling forever.

The Church is the Temple of God in the New Covenant, he transferred the imagery of the priesthood and Daily Sacrifice to the church even while the literal Temple in Jerusalem was still standing. The Church is "the Temple of God" (1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:19; 2 Cor. 6:16; 2 Thess. 2:4; Eph. 2:21). Its members Temple priests (1 Pet. 2:5). Christians offer up "the Daily Sacrifice" (1 Pet. 2:5; Rom. 12:1; Lk. 9:23; Heb. 13:15).

Those who object interpreting "the transgression" to people sinning fail to notice men continue to sin even during the 1,000 year reign of Christ, therefore their interpretation is impossible. That would mean the "Seventieth week" ends after the return of Christ:

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. (Rev. 20:7-9 NKJ)

Daniel says the Messiah is "cut off" in the Seventieth Week, AFTER 69 weeks:

"And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;

Everything that happens after that is separate from the Seventieth week. The Antichrist rules over a revived Roman Empire, therefore the Romans are "the people of the prince who is to come" who in 70 AD to destroy the Temple and in 131 AD Emperor Hadrian expels Jews from Jerusalem, many fall by the edge of the sword and led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be "trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled" (Lk. 21:24).

And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

There is a separate week, the end time WEEK that is detailed in the book of Revelation, during which the Antichrist operates. But its not connected to the Seventy Weeks, it happens 2,000 years after Christ finished transgression and sin by reconciling all to God by the blood of the New Covenant.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." (Dan. 9:26-27 NKJ)

Last edited:
The Day of Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit anointed the Church filling it with the Presence of God, that is when the "Most Holy" dwelling for God, the NAOS of the Temple, the Holy of Holies....was anointed.

The ABSURD theory God would anoint a Christ rejecting Temple built by Jews and manned by priests who cannot prove they are Levites, requires a suspension of rationality.

Why would God, who destroyed the Temple in 70AD to END Mosaic sacrifices, reinstitute them. Some even suppose the Antichrist builds the Temple!!!

It is impossible Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, call a Christ rejecting Temple built by the Antichrist, "the Temple of God".

The Church is the Temple of God in the New Covenant, both Paul and Peter transferred the imagery of the priesthood and Daily Sacrifice to the church even while the literal Temple in Jerusalem was still standing. The Church is "the Temple of God" (1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:19; 2 Cor. 6:16; 2 Thess. 2:4; Eph. 2:21). Its members Temple priests (1 Pet. 2:5). Christians offer up "the Daily Sacrifice" (1 Pet. 2:5; Rom. 12:1; Lk. 9:23; Heb. 13:15).

Last edited:
The Day of Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit anointed the Church filling it with the Presence of God, that is when the "Most Holy" dwelling for God, the NAOS of the Temple, the Holy of Holies....was anointed.

The ABSURD theory God would anoint a Christ rejecting Temple built by Jews and manned by priests who cannot prove they are Levites, requires a suspension of rationality.

Why would God, who destroyed the Temple in 70AD to END Mosaic sacrifices, reinstitute them. Some even suppose the Antichrist builds the Temple!!!

It is impossible Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, call a Christ rejecting Temple built by the Antichrist, "the Temple of God".

The Church is the Temple of God in the New Covenant, both Paul and Peter transferred the imagery of the priesthood and Daily Sacrifice to the church even while the literal Temple in Jerusalem was still standing. The Church is "the Temple of God" (1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:19; 2 Cor. 6:16; 2 Thess. 2:4; Eph. 2:21). Its members Temple priests (1 Pet. 2:5). Christians offer up "the Daily Sacrifice" (1 Pet. 2:5; Rom. 12:1; Lk. 9:23; Heb. 13:15).
Sorry, if you don't mind can you please clarify the following verses from 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4,8? "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in anyway. For that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."

From the verses above, given what we know of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem in 70AD, no son of destruction took his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming to be God, and then later was killed by Jesus Christ. So, this event is still in the future. How do you interpret then the son of destruction taking his seat in the temple of God in the future? I would appreciate your comment on this.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ

Sorry, if you don't mind can you please clarify the following verses from 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4,8? "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in anyway. For that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."

From the verses above, given what we know of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem in 70AD, no son of destruction took his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming to be God, and then later was killed by Jesus Christ. So, this event is still in the future. How do you interpret then the son of destruction taking his seat in the temple of God in the future? I would appreciate your comment on this.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ
The false Christ is accepted by the apostate "fallen away" Church (the Temple of God) as "the Christ". At mid week, he morphs from being "the Man of Sin" to the "Son of Perdition" antichrist, denying the Father and the Son.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2 Thess. 2:3-4 NKJ)

The signs and wonder working apostates, who long ago rejected scripture for their own "inner experience with the supernatural", will continue to follow him.

9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. (2 Thess. 2:9-12 NAU)

These former sign and wonder working TARES will plead for their lives on the Day of Judgment, claiming they remained loyal to Christ even though they departed from Him to serve the antichrist:

22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:22-23 NKJ)

Last edited:
The false Christ is accepted by the apostate "fallen away" Church (the Temple of God) as "the Christ". At mid week, he morphs from being "the Man of Sin" to the "Son of Perdition" antichrist, denying the Father and the Son.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2 Thess. 2:3-4 NKJ)

The signs and wonder working apostates, who long ago rejected scripture for their own "inner experience with the supernatural", will continue to follow him.

9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. (2 Thess. 2:9-12 NAU)

These former sign and wonder working TARES will plead for their lives on the Day of Judgment, claiming they remained loyal to Christ even though they departed from Him to serve the antichrist:

22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:22-23 NKJ)
Great, thank you for your answer.

Great, thank you for your answer.
For more detail, go here:

What you are saying resonates with Revelation 11:1-2 "Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and I was told, Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out for it is given over to the nations and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months." So, the inner court of the temple is protected while the outer court is given over to the Gentile nations.

You know I was once in a big gathering of this denomination and one of the elders started praying out loud "Lord, please let me be a Philadelphian and not a Laodicean". You think an elder like that would have known whether he is a protected Philadelphian or just a spewed out Laodicean. Such is the source of confusion in Christendom nowadays! Anyway, thank you for your answer again.

What you are saying resonates with Revelation 11:1-2 "Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and I was told, Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out for it is given over to the nations and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months." So, the inner court of the temple is protected while the outer court is given over to the Gentile nations.

You know I was once in a big gathering of this denomination and one of the elders started praying out loud "Lord, please let me be a Philadelphian and not a Laodicean". You think an elder like that would have known whether he is a protected Philadelphian or just a spewed out Laodicean. Such is the source of confusion in Christendom nowadays! Anyway, thank you for your answer again.
Many misunderstand Peter to be speaking about unbelievers. However, these are former believers who now reject end time prophecy and the biblical account of creation. The apostates have "willfully" forgotten what they once believed:

1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder),
2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior,
3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. (2 Pet. 3:1-6 NKJ)

Compare:

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; (2 Pet. 2:1-4 NKJ)

Like the angels who sinned this is about apostates, not unbelievers. The false prophets are among the people, not outside attacking the people.

Last edited:
Back