Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Friend in jail

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

l'Chante

Tina knows about this because I posted a thread on ‘Talk and advice’ right before the site’s overhaul. I don’t think too many people saw it though.

My best friend at work stole money from a client and was dismissed. I love her dearly and I cannot, for the life of me, explain to you how much I miss her. She doesn’t answer my calls nor does she respond to my text messages.
Yesterday her manager, with whom I am very close to too, told me that the company she stole money from laid civil charges against her and that she was arrested yesterday.

Please pray for her? She made a mistake and she is going to pay for it for the rest of her life.

Oh yeah, now I remember that post in the old forum.
I wonder how many prayer requests were lost there ... :chin

I remember saying that it's not your fault as you genuinely didn't have the money to lend her, unfortunately she got herself into trouble out of desperation. This is really sad and tragic and I will be praying for both of you ..... Do you know how much she stole? Is it a big amount?

:pray :pray :pray

IC, this was definitely a case of theft? It sounds very cut and dry. I can only guess that she didn't return your calls out of humiliation. If she is guilty, I can only pray that she perseveres through the punishment due her. Most of all, not knowing her faith, I've prayed that she either comes to know the Lord or leans on her faith to carry her through this season.

This will follow her through the rest of her life in society, but it doesn't have to burden her heart and weigh her down in spirit. You know this, but she needs to know this. Serve her term, confess, accept and live in His Grace, know that she is forgiven by Him if not the people she harmed. I've prayed that she will find peace today and know He is near going forward.

Thank you guys.
Mike, she confessed in her hearing. I know that if I ask for details it will be given to me because her manager and I are really close and he trusts me. He always shares lot of privileged information with me when he comes for his 'daily venting session' in the mornings. But the fact of the matter is that I'm not interested in how she managed to do that, how much she stole or even which one of our clients it was. All I know is that she made a terrible mistake and that I lost a friend because of that. I know the reason she wouldn't take my calls is because she obviously knows that I know the truth because her manager and I has gotten on from day one. Or maybe she thinks that I'm disappointed in her? I was shocked when I heard what happened, but I never judged her. I know that she's battling financially, and if you work with millions, the temptation might get too much. In her case it did.

And yes, she knows Jesus. Her boyfriend is a pastor and she is one of his church's lead singers. She has a very close relationship with the Lord. I think that's what makes this whole situation worse? When Christians who has a particularly close relationship with the Lord falls this hard, the guilt can be terrible. I just what to know where she is held so I can visit, but I can't ask her manager to tell me because this is not exactly public knowledge and he wasn't supposed to tell me in the first place.

Thank you for your prayers, guys. She really needs it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back