Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God as a force

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God can only be considered a force if the person does not study their Bible or they have not accepted the Holy Spirit. Wrong, there is one more, this is the Saved Man or Woman that soon after their Salvation, began to quench the Spirit and has not ceased to do so. If God were a Force, as in Star Wars, the Holy Spirit could never be quenched, you would either obey or die... become a human slave but God loves you and will not force you. Reba is right.

I think there is good reason for fearing God, and Israel has a history of God being the all powerful to not be taken advantage of by seeking idols, or having wickedness. Isreal also has a history of God's blessings, love, and rescuing, with the signs that this is from God not their own doing. Because of this If God is compared to a force, I would say He is more like a hurricane, an uncontainable and uncontrollable force. Not like electricity, gravity, windspeed or other natural elements we've found to minipulate or use to our advantage. But I agree with Reba, that force is the wrong word. The closer word I'd use is God is sovereign.

Shekinah,the Yod.God in all things but not as the eastern mystics say.all things ultimately are from God by his creation of the universe and allowing it all.

In other words freewill ,he allows us to be a sinner or not.to act in his will or against it.

Would you consider that God, as a part of His being, is a force?
Rather than being a force, I imagine God as having great power (omnipotence) and intellect. He (personality) uses that power as He pleases and what seems to please Him most is love and mercy.

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back