Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God does not require a marriage license

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

carey

This is a very popular topic so I thought I would see what everyone here has to say.

I for one do not hink a marriage license or ceremony with witnesses is necssary to be married in the eyes of the Lord.

I do however believe you commitment must be spoken to one another before the Lord and when people ask you , you tell them you are married and why.
This gives you a chance to witness to them about the word of God not only on the subject of marriage but the Gospel too.

When you refer to the other you should refer to them as your husband or wife also.

God bless,
Carey

In states that recognize Common Law marriage, no ceremony or license is needed to be legally recognized as married. You're married just by saying you are. The government is happy to shackle you with the legal marriage penalty. In any state, getting a marriage licence is trivial, and carries the same penalty.

A Christian would have a ceremony were a number of witnesses are invited, whether or not he wants to invite the government into his marriage.

hmmm

Poke said:
In states that recognize Common Law marriage, no ceremony or license is needed to be legally recognized as married. You're married just by saying you are. The government is happy to shackle you with the legal marriage penalty. In any state, getting a marriage licence is trivial, and carries the same penalty.

A Christian would have a ceremony were a number of witnesses are invited, whether or not he wants to invite the government into his marriage.

Why does there have to be witnesses??
God is witness just as he was with Adam and Eve isnt he?

God bless
carey

Re: hmmm

carey said:
Why does there have to be witnesses??
God is witness just as he was with Adam and Eve isnt he?

For the good of community integrity. Adam and Eve were the whole community.

"Integrity" Go get a dictionary.

Poke said:
For the good of community integrity. Adam and Eve were the whole community.

"Integrity" Go get a dictionary.

Where in the bible does it say this ?
I know the definition but lets stay on topic.

God bless,
carey

carey said:
Where in the bible does it say this ?
I know the definition but lets stay on topic.

Let's define a marriage without witnesses as "private."

Of all the marriages in the Bible, none are described as private. Many are described as public. For example, Matthew 22 is about guests being invited to a wedding.

Carey, I know you don't want to be a hypocrite, so if you want me to make my case on the Bible, then you must be willing to do the same. Where does the Bible make your case for private weddings?

Assuming that someone is a Christian, rather that a Zionist who hates community integrity, why would a Christian choose a private wedding?

Poke said:
Let's define a marriage without witnesses as "private."

Of all the marriages in the Bible, none are described as private. Many are described as public. For example, Matthew 22 is about guests being invited to a wedding.

Carey, I know you don't want to be a hypocrite, so if you want me to make my case on the Bible, then you must be willing to do the same. Where does the Bible make your case for private weddings?

Assuming that someone is a Christian, rather that a Zionist who hates community integrity, why would a Christian choose a private wedding?

Adam and eves marriage

carey said:
Adam and eves marriage

There's no mention of a marriage between Adam and Eve. For them, becoming married was superfluous. Even if they did get married, it would hardly be relevant to our dispute given that Adam and Eve were the only two people on Earth.

It is also important as a testiomony to the lost that you are married, not just say that you are.

As the Bible condems adultery, we need to be visibly married in the eyes of the world and not a stumblingblock to them.

Another thing is that we are to obey every ordinance of the God ordained officials.

1 Peter 2:11-16
(11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
(12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(13) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
(14) Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
(15) For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
(16) As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Poke said:
There's no mention of a marriage between Adam and Eve. For them, becoming married was superfluous. Even if they did get married, it would hardly be relevant to our dispute given that Adam and Eve were the only two people on Earth.

i did not know we had a dispute.
But please explain where the Bible says their marriage ceremony is no longer valid in God eyes.
And commands us to marry in a different manner.

god bless,
Craey

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back