Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Godliness

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

RBDERRICK

Supporter
For bodily exercise profiteth a little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Godliness with contentment is great gain.

Godly living in this life is the for the best general health of the body, especially in emotional health by the Spirit of God.

Exercise is good but often can lead to bodily injuries, as well as lack of general health. The reason is that many people overemphasize exercise as a cure all, as well as overreacting to exercise by bad eating habits.

Simply living a godly life with moderation in all things, is the healthiest way to live.

Eating, drinking, and actively living well is the Bible's prescription for good general health into old age.

Even the bones are made strong.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

For bodily exercise profiteth a little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Godliness with contentment is great gain.

Godly living in this life is the for the best general health of the body, especially in emotional health by the Spirit of God.

Exercise is good but often can lead to bodily injuries, as well as lack of general health. The reason is that many people overemphasize exercise as a cure all, as well as overreacting to exercise by bad eating habits.

Simply living a godly life with moderation in all things, is the healthiest way to live.

Eating, drinking, and actively living well is the Bible's prescription for good general health into old age.

Even the bones are made strong.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
On the contrary, exercise has been shown to have incredible benefits for cognition and the body, including longevity and living healthier longer. The science is very, very clear on this. For someone who does no exercise to go to 3 hours of exercise per week, will reduce their all-cause mortality by 70%, iirc.

It can lead to injuries but injuries can be dealt with. Muscle weakness and lack of muscle mass are causes of serious falls and injuries in old age which have a direct impact on longevity and health. 15-30% of those over 69 who fall and break a hip (300,000 per year in the U.S.) will die within one year. Of those that survive, 50% will see a one step reduction in mobility—to using a cane; from cane to walker; from walker to wheelchair.

Try and watch just the first 30 or so minutes of this:

Also, look up other videos by Dr. Peter Attia and Andrew Huberman.

The NT was written in the context of an ancient culture that valued youth and strength and vigor…

So the idea 💡 isn’t to reject beauty and health etc outright but rather to put them into proper place in a believer’s life…

Which is a more nuanced way of dealing with the surrounding culture vs ot times when Jews were contending with child sacrifice temple prostitution and such.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back