Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Going home to visit family for Thanksgiving...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have mixed feelings about my upcoming visit to see my family for Thanksgiving. On the one hand, we get a long great now that my parents and I are both moving forward in a relationship with Jesus Christ and my mental illness is under control. On the other hand, I was an absolute outcast for 2-3 years in this area, so going back, even for a couple days, conjures up memories of being confused, alone, exploited, mentally ill, and made fun of.

I need to just grin and bear it--at least I have parents who want to host me for the Holidays--but I could also use some prayer. I feel like I'm re-entering enemy territory, lol.

I can understand and He has heard my prayers for your peace as you visit with family. Try not to let the past control you as you are now controlled by the Holy Spirit which is not a spirit that leads us to fear but to a sound mind. :)

Thanks for your reply. You're right; God has brought me out of a terrible place, and now I need to seize hold of His promises and grace and act like a rational adult and face down this visit w/ the family (which should be pleasant, anyway).

Thanks again for your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back