Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gospel + Ammo for Christians to use in debates 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If that were true, only Christians could conduct science. Obviously that's not the case.
Why do you make that assumption?
Scientist work using ideas from Christianity, just as lawyers and campaigners do using Christian ideas about equality and justice for all. So scientists use the Christian ideas of a consistent understandable creation.

Can you find these ideas I other religious, philosophical and political world views?

Why do you make that assumption?
It's a conclusion based on the argument put forth, i.e., that science is entirely dependent on Christianity. If that were true, only Christians could conduct science, but since that's obviously not the case then the argument is false.

Scientist work using ideas from Christianity
Nope, I've been a scientist for almost 30 years and Christianity has never once come up.

So scientists use the Christian ideas of a consistent understandable creation.
Nope, we do not use the idea of creation at all.

Can you find these ideas I other religious, philosophical and political world views?
Of course. It could very well be that the reason we are able to study and understand the universe is because we are a product of it.

It could very well be that the reason we are able to study and understand the universe is because we are a product of it.
That explains nothing.
You will be saying next that Christians who believe in a young earth cannot do science.

Ones bias does and presuppositions do not stop anyone from doing science research, they influence how one interprets the results of scientific research.
I am challenging your presupposition that everything is the result of random chance.

The Christian worldview explains why creation is consistent, and understandable with maths.

To say that is how it is, is not scientific.

That explains nothing.
You will be saying next that Christians who believe in a young earth cannot do science.

Ones bias does and presuppositions do not stop anyone from doing science research, they influence how one interprets the results of scientific research.
I am challenging your presupposition that everything is the result of random chance.

The Christian worldview explains why creation is consistent, and understandable with maths.

To say that is how it is, is not scientific.
Hey All,
How can we possibly have the maths correct?

We don't know when day 1 was.
We know there was some time that Adam was by himself on the earth. He named all the animals before he became aware of his need for a mate. How long did that take? We don't know. But it is hard to imagine that Adam accomplished that in less than one day.

Unless God created all of the trees and plants as mature, the animals that rely on the trees and plants for food would die of starvation waiting for the fruits and vegetables to mature to an edible condition. So that's at least two to three months for most veggies; longer for tree based fruits.

The animals that rely on killing other animals for food would need an adequate supply of prey animals to survive. That would be 2-3 litters probably. So that's a few months to build up the supply.

The Garden of Eden had to be fully stocked to support Adam and Eve.

Now God could have planted a fully stocked garden, and created enough prey for the predators, and enough edible vegetation to sustain the animals He created.

Now I believe by faith that God figured it out. It doesn't keep me up at night.
But there are questions there that I cannot ignore.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
That explains nothing.
Nope, I wouldn't say that at all. Anyone can believe anything and still do science, so long as they follow the scientific method.

I don't remember saying that.

Sure, in the same way that the Muslim, Mormon, Hindu, and other religious worldviews do....via assertions about gods.

Hey All,
How can we possibly have the maths correct?

We don't know when day 1 was.
We know there was some time that Adam was by himself on the earth. He named all the animals before he became aware of his need for a mate. How long did that take? We don't know. But it is hard to imagine that Adam accomplished that in less than one day.

Unless God created all of the trees and plants as mature, the animals that rely on the trees and plants for food would die of starvation waiting for the fruits and vegetables to mature to an edible condition. So that's at least two to three months for most veggies; longer for tree based fruits.

The animals that rely on killing other animals for food would need an adequate supply of prey animals to survive. That would be 2-3 litters probably. So that's a few months to build up the supply.

The Garden of Eden had to be fully stocked to support Adam and Eve.

Now God could have planted a fully stocked garden, and created enough prey for the predators, and enough edible vegetation to sustain the animals He created.

Now I believe by faith that God figured it out. It doesn't keep me up at night.
But there are questions there that I cannot ignore.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Do you believe what the Bible says, or do you believe how atheists interpret the bible?
The bible say God created in 6 days, that As genesis 1:30 says everything that has the breath of life in it I give every green plant for food.
As Jesus said, man was from the beginning of creation. No evolution, no death before Adams sin.

Sure, in the same way that the Muslim, Mormon, Hindu, and other religious worldviews do....via assertions about gods.
Except Islam does not encourage questioning or investigations into nature and Hindu foundational beliefs are wildly inaccuracte.

Modern science developed because of the Christian world view.

That you as a scientist are not curious about this I find surprising.

Do you believe what the Bible says, or do you believe how atheists interpret the bible?
The bible say God created in 6 days, that As genesis 1:30 says everything that has the breath of life in it I give every green plant for food.
As Jesus said, man was from the beginning of creation. No evolution, no death before Adams sin.
Hey All,
I can believe what the Bible says, and still have questions.
For example, you say:

"No evolution, no death before Adams sin." Quote from Who Me

Of course there was death. Do you believe all of the predators were vegetarian before the fall?
They had to eat flesh because they had canine teeth. Carnivores would have been severely disadvantaged if they had to wait for canine teeth to replace the premolars and/or bicuspids. So there had to be death for predators to survive.
By the way, humans also have canine teeth. If Adam and Eve did not have them, then they evolved over time. If that happened, you are making a case for human evolution.

What do fish eat? Fish. That's all there is.

So I do not agree that there was no death.

Also, time does not apply to God. Both Old and New Testaments make that clear. And I believe what the Bible says about this also.

Psalms 90:4
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So if the days were 1000 year eras of time, that would give the earth the actual time needed to mature support the next era.

My questions are not motivated by an atheist interpretation of Scripture. They exist because what is being said, which I believe by faith, does not match up with how things work in the real world.

This is why we can never get beyond the need for faith.
We have to exercise faith to believe what the Bible says.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Faith that God gives us is what we use to believe.
So to have faith, is to acknowledge that God exists.
Science will never do away with faith.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Except Islam does not encourage questioning or investigations into nature and Hindu foundational beliefs are wildly inaccuracte.

Modern science developed because of the Christian world view.

That you as a scientist are not curious about this I find surprising.
How science began centuries ago, and the role non-Christian religions played in that makes zero difference to how we do our daily work today.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back