Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Hanukkah – The Circumcision of the Messiah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The festival of lights is not in the Scriptures, it is only in the Book of the Maccabees. It has to do with the second dedication of the temple. Israel was under siege by the Greeks or Macedonia. The Menorah (a seven place oil light, called a candlestick in Revelation) ran out of oil, yet burned for eight more days. The reason it is not in the Bible is because it has nothing to do with the coming and promises of the Savior. Every OT Feast Days is a type of Christ. Hanukkah is not.

Reform Judaism imho,is not a great place to use as a source for Judaism , try jewfaq,or aish.com.

The festival of lights is not in the Scriptures, it is only in the Book of the Maccabees. It has to do with the second dedication of the temple. Israel was under siege by the Greeks or Macedonia. The Menorah (a seven place oil light, called a candlestick in Revelation) ran out of oil, yet burned for eight more days. The reason it is not in the Bible is because it has nothing to do with the coming and promises of the Savior. Every OT Feast Days is a type of Christ. Hanukkah is not.

The feast of purim,how exactly is that pointing to Christ , and yes Hanukkah does.see the history of it and ad 70 and compare.the events are prophetic . Daniel spoke of both

The feast of purim,how exactly is that pointing to Christ , and yes Hanukkah does.see the history of it and ad 70 and compare.the events are prophetic . Daniel spoke of both
jasonc, you can worship all feast days as you want, but only the Laws of Moses (include the prophetic feast days) that are types of the coming and work of Christ. Christ fulfill all of them personally. I know of no other than the Law of Moses that are mentioned in the NT and carried out by Christ, some feast days yet to be fulfilled.

jasonc, you can worship all feast days as you want, but only the Laws of Moses (include the prophetic feast days) that are types of the coming and work of Christ. Christ fulfill all of them personally. I know of no other than the Law of Moses that are mentioned in the NT and carried out by Christ, some feast days yet to be fulfilled.
Feast of purim is in the book of ester.no miracle of these,no jesus

So a deliverance and a purging of false temple worship isn't a depiction?

The mercy seat? the aod,and the pigs offered on the alter have no ,none ,no reference to oh say easter , because you have rejected me,isreal,... that's very much a depection of Jesus

I didn't see it either. It isn't in the OT feasts. But as others pointed out there was a feast in the winter spoken of in John 10:22. So it would seem this would have been the same that began in the time of the Maccabees. Not the same as those that had been given to the Israelites by God Himself. I agree with you about the feasts in the Law of Moses all pointing towards Jesus.

I didn't see it either. It isn't in the OT feasts. But as others pointed out there was a feast in the winter spoken of in John 10:22. So it would seem this would have been the same that began in the time of the Maccabees. Not the same as those that had been given to the Israelites by God Himself. I agree with you about the feasts in the Law of Moses all pointing towards Jesus.
Hi Deborah, I'am doing a study on John 10:22-23 with a Rabbi friend. As soon as I have completed it, I will share what I have found out.

The entire bible every verse points to the cross.

I should point out being born again is really a Jewish thing.but Meh peshac is so hidden.

The entire bible every verse points to the cross.

I should point out being born again is really a Jewish thing.but Meh peshac is so hidden.
Being Born again is a Doctrine of Christ applied to The Church as the "Adoptions" of Son of God and Brethren of Christ. Romans Chapters 7 and 8; The letter to the Ephesians and Galatians.

Last edited:
Being Born again is a Doctrine of Christ applied to The Church as the "Adoptions" of Son of God and Brethren of Christ. Romans Chapters 7 and 8; The letter to the Ephesians and Galatians.
The nation of Isreal was born again after the passover event.the torah was fm given after that.

Before the torah isreal was in captivity and bondage and also quite tainted by sin of egypt.basic Judaism and bible knowledge.they were doubting Moses would deliver them.

In the time of Jesus ,the idea of peshac is aND still is taught that isreal was birthed in exodus.where is being born again In tanach since Joseph of aranthamea asled aND Jesus asked him you don't know thus and you teach the law? That's got to be a teaching that both knew about .

Have fun learning from a rabbi how Jewish the Christian faith is.

Have fun learning from a rabbi how Jewish the Christian faith is.
Hi Jason, All I have ever learned "according to the flesh and the Spirit" was by The Rabbi (even thou Luke was a Gentile) His writings are as God's own word. The Passover did not bring about rebirth to Israel as son's of God, but children of God, Because they were under tooters and guardians under the law, for the law was preparing them , looking forward to the Christ. Sonship and rebirth come after the resurrection of Christ (The Epistle to the Galatians) esp. (Gal 4:1-7)

Hi Jason, All I have ever learned "according to the flesh and the Spirit" was by The Rabbi (even thou Luke was a Gentile) His writings are as God's own word. The Passover did not bring about rebirth to Israel as son's of God, but children of God, Because they were under tooters and guardians under the law, for the law was preparing them , looking forward to the Christ. Sonship and rebirth come after the resurrection of Christ (The Epistle to the Galatians) esp. (Gal 4:1-7)
A son is a child. If you think you are your own pastor,church and have no communion with others as part of your salvation you really need to rethink.

Isreal had alot of what we have, just the priesthood was there but oddly David a man who wasn't a priest offered to God.how is that possible?

You preach doing the feasts.in each of these a prayer to the Heshem will use the the term of Father.not possible if Isreal wasn't as a body a son and each person a child.God married isreal at Horeb.

You claim Peshac points to the cross.indeed it does.

A son is a child. If you think you are your own pastor,church and have no communion with others as part of your salvation you really need to rethink.
Hi Jason, The adoption of son's is taking a child of God and by receiving the Spirit of Christ (born again) he becomes an adult son. Adoption in Scripture does not mean adopting someone outside of the family, but taking a child of God and making him a mature son of responsibility.. It is called Sonship (from a child to an adult! maturity!) I'am in communication with the Father and the Son, and all that call upon the name of the Lord. If I said I wasn't, then I would be a Liar! All will be responsible for what they teach. Please study the Scriptures I gave you in the first post. They are clear to their teaching of a child under law and an adult son under GRACE.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back