Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Has become?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

journeyman

Why does Rev.18:2 say,

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hated bird; KJV

Became a habitation of devils? Babylon always been been those things.

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Rev.11:15 KJV

Are become? Everything in existence has always belonged the God. It's like we're reading about what "will be", but misunderstanding that it has always been that way.

I think we should be looking at scripture in light of our Lords' resurrection. It's because of that revelation we can know the One True God of heaven and earth.

Jesus our Lord said,

this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mt.24:14 KJV

Look at how "tthe gospel" is being described in the verses preceding this.

this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mt.24:14 KJV
I do like chapter 24 of the Book of Matthew, most of it makes sense.

Became a habitation of devils? Babylon always been been those things.
It is my belief that when the writer of Revelations was given this "vision" that all the he had to use was his own "knowledge base" during that time. Back then Babylon was one of the "greatest cities" known to men; so seeing a "huge" city in a vision, it would be natural to say "oh that must be Babylon".

I do like chapter 24 of the Book of Matthew, most of it makes sense.
When comparing that text with other passages it's convoluted,unless our Lord was speaking of seeing His return in a spiritual sense.
It is my belief that when the writer of Revelations was given this "vision" that all the he had to use was his own "knowledge base" during that time. Back then Babylon was one of the "greatest cities" known to men; so seeing a "huge" city in a vision, it would be natural to say "oh that must be Babylon".
Babylon is Babel (confusion.)

When comparing that text with other passages it's convoluted,unless our Lord was speaking of seeing His return in a spiritual sense.
I do have my own understanding of how the Bible was "written"; that's why I mostly post about it in the "unorthodox" thread. While I will state wikipedia is not an absolute authority; they state a general belief that some of the "Scriptures" were lost as they were passed by word of mouth from one generation to the next before they were finally written down, the people changing words here and there which did change the "meaning" given.

Babylon is Babel (confusion.)
If you have ever lived in any "big city"; I'd say that confusion is quite normal.

I do have my own understanding of how the Bible was "written"; that's why I mostly post about it in the "unorthodox" thread. While I will state wikipedia is not an absolute authority; they state a general belief that some of the "Scriptures" were lost as they were passed by word of mouth from one generation to the next before they were finally written down, the people changing words here and there which did change the "meaning" given.
I believe the Bible is understood through obedience to what Jesus taught.
If you have ever lived in any "big city"; I'd say that confusion is quite normal.
It's not about a "location", but about false beliefs.

Chapter 18

And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Babylon being revealed the precursor of all those Empires that are her predecessors with the last one being the revived Roman Empire whose deadly wound was healed in 1929 have always come to kill, steal and destroy those who have faith in God and His son Christ Jesus, John 10:10.

God gave warning, Isaiah 13:19; 14:22, to all those who have followed after her and have made themselves rich through her abundance. Many will become even more dependent on her during the timing of Gods great wrath during the seven trumpet judgments that will destroy much of the earth’s resources as they are made rich by the abundance that is stored up by the Jesuit militant priesthood in all nations.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

God created every one of us as He breathed life into us making us a living soul, Genesis 2:7, but soon iniquity was found in the hearts of many as they turned away from God to follow after other gods and making themselves their own god. It repented God that He made man, but has always found favor in those who have faith in Him, Genesis 6:6-13.

God says to come out of her and repent of your sin and no longer partake of her sins so ye will not receive the same punishment she is about to be given. During this time of the seventh trumpet there is a greater tribulation of Gods final wrath on those who refuse to repent that has never been seen on such a universal scale and will never be seen again, Matthew 24:21. God is still drawing man unto himself to repent and turn back to Him before the door of Salvation is closed forever when Christ returns for His Bride.

Babylon in the OT rewarded the Israelite's with much persecution, even to death as they tried to ware out the saints of God in order to make them bow down to Babylon's dependency and their gods. The revived Roman Empire whose deadly wound came in 1798 and was healed in 1929 carries on the same destruction as her predecessor Babylon unto the end of days before the great and terrible day of the Lords return. She will receive a double portion for her wrath against the saints of God as God destroys her like He did with Sodom and Gomorrah, Daniel 7:24-26, Genesis 19:1-29, Isaiah 14:12-23.

Back