Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Hawkins quotation help.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

mcmurry

I had been told that in one of his books, Stephen Hawkins had stated that during one or more of his experiments, all the evidence pointed to God being the answer. He also stated that he could not accept this answer, so he threw out all of his research, invented new mathematics, and reworked the experiments until he got an answer that suited him. Now the person that told me this was much more educated than I am. I could never even begin to understand anything that Hawkins might write. But the actual name of the book was never mentioned. Can anybody here that might be a reader of Hawkins tell me if they have ever read anything close to this that Hawkins may have written? Thanks.

Have you read A Brief History of Time?

However, if we discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable by everyone, not just by a few scientists. Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind of God.
Last paragraph.

We can understand the origin of the universe those that aren't of God keep beating at the wind because they don't think the way God thinks.. the scriptures tell us we have the mind of Christ..

I Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

We don't need science we have faith..

tob

I had been told that in one of his books, Stephen Hawkins had stated that during one or more of his experiments, all the evidence pointed to God being the answer. He also stated that he could not accept this answer, so he threw out all of his research, invented new mathematics, and reworked the experiments until he got an answer that suited him. Now the person that told me this was much more educated than I am. I could never even begin to understand anything that Hawkins might write. But the actual name of the book was never mentioned. Can anybody here that might be a reader of Hawkins tell me if they have ever read anything close to this that Hawkins may have written? Thanks.

The part about evidence pointing to God, rejecting that math and reworking it for a more suitable answer at actually sounds more like Einstein's "fudge factor". He didn't like the implications of a universe with a beginning, so he arbitrarily set the cosmological constant where the math would work out to still allow an eternal, uncaused universe. He later called it the biggest blunder of his career, the fudge factor was dividing by 0 and getting something instead of nothing.
Here's more about it:
http://www.thoughtfulchristianity.net/?p=5149

From what I read about Hawkins, he's used some imaginary numbers to make a model of the universe without a beginning or first cause. But I don't ave any quotes for him.

Back