Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi, I’m Maria. I’m new to this forum. I’m a Traditional Catholic baptized in the Roman Rite. I hope my faith will not be an impediment to being allowed to add to discussions on various religious and biblical topics.

Greetings, Maria, and welcome to Christian Forums.

If you are serious about Christ then we are very glad to have you. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask, and welcome once again : )
- H

Hi, I’m Maria. I’m new to this forum. I’m a Traditional Catholic baptized in the Roman Rite. I hope my faith will not be an impediment to being allowed to add to discussions on various religious and biblical topics.
Hi Maria,
Welcome to the Forum!
You can join in any discussion with no problem.
Traditional Catholics may soon become a minority in the CC,,,
but God is in charge and He WILL prevail.
Blessings.

Hi Maria,
Welcome to the Forum!
You can join in any discussion with no problem.
Traditional Catholics may soon become a minority in the CC,,,
but God is in charge and He WILL prevail.
Blessings.
Thank you! Traditional Catholics are the Catholic Church. Thanks be to God that one can say with St. Athanasius, “Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ.”

Thank you for welcoming me. I believe in Jesus Christ, and I firmly believe in the two sources of Divine Revelation- Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.
Welcome aboard.
You just bumped up against a conversation I am interested in.
Romans 1:16 kjv
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed itunto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Two sources of Divine Revelation?

I usually just quote verses 19-20, but today I thought I would finish the sentence (going by the punctuation).

Over time we may get a chance to see what things confirm : who, when where what, what for, etc.

Your comments are sure welcome here.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Welcome aboard.
You just bumped up against a conversation I am interested in.
Romans 1:16 kjv
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed itunto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Two sources of Divine Revelation?

I usually just quote verses 19-20, but today I thought I would finish the sentence (going by the punctuation).

Over time we may get a chance to see what things confirm : who, when where what, what for, etc.

Your comments are sure welcome here.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Thank you!

2 Thessalonians 2:25- “Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.”

Jesus tells us we must hear Church (Matthew 18:17) and the Bible teaches that it’s the Church, not the Bible, that is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). A recently read article states that one former Protestant minister, commenting on 1 Timothy 3:15, remarked: “If I were writing that verse as a Protestant, I would have said that the Bible, not the Church, is the pillar and ground of truth. But St. Paul says it’s the Church. This means that the Church must be every bit as infallible as the Bible, and that it must present something unique by way of presenting the truth of Jesus Christ.”

One can read the whole article with all the details and proof here: https://vaticancatholic.com/bible-and-sola-scriptura-scripture-alone/

Thank you!

2 Thessalonians 2:25- “Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.”

Jesus tells us we must hear Church (Matthew 18:17) and the Bible teaches that it’s the Church, not the Bible, that is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). A recently read article states that one former Protestant minister, commenting on 1 Timothy 3:15, remarked: “If I were writing that verse as a Protestant, I would have said that the Bible, not the Church, is the pillar and ground of truth. But St. Paul says it’s the Church. This means that the Church must be every bit as infallible as the Bible, and that it must present something unique by way of presenting the truth of Jesus Christ.”

One can read the whole article with all the details and proof here: https://vaticancatholic.com/bible-and-sola-scriptura-scripture-alone/
LOL

I kind of figured what response I would get. I am trying to start a long term discussion. Sorry I do not read many articles. I do not even want my thoughts just accepted without discussion.

Tradition can be good and bad.

My (parenthesis) was/
is around creation.

1 Corinthians 10:32 kjv
32. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
33. Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
Mississippi redneck
eddif

Jesus tells us we must hear Church (Matthew 18:17) and the Bible teaches that it’s the Church, not the Bible, that is the pillar and foundation of truth (1

Matthew 18:16 kjv
16. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell itunto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Word doctrine is established by multiple witnesses:
1. Old Testament literal concrete law.
New Testament Spirir of law in a heart of flesh
2. Lesson in creation
3. Words of Jesus
4 Holy Spirit leading into truth
5. Other

eddif

Matthew 18:16 kjv
16. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell itunto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Word doctrine is established by multiple witnesses:
1. Old Testament literal concrete law.
New Testament Spirir of law in a heart of flesh
2. Lesson in creation
3. Words of Jesus
4 Holy Spirit leading into truth
5. Other

eddif
1 Corinthians 9:8 kjv
8. Do I say this from a human perspective? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing?
9. For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
10.Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

The concept of a workman receiving pay has multiple different context answers.
Elder, ox, farm workers
1 Timothy 5:17-18

If the doctrine/ behavior / error can not be handled outside church then it goes before the Church (gathering).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hi Maria1217.
You're not the first Catholic I've met that believe in Jesus. Welcome sis.

Hey All,
Welcome Maria1217. You will be just fine here. The Catholic Church was the church, and has kept the faith. You can find Jesus in the midst of their gatherings. So your faith and my faith are in the same only begotten Son of God. Jump in and have some fun.
Quick question, what traditions other than Holy Communion do you consider sacred?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hello Maria! I'm new here as well. I hope to see your posts. I am not a Catholic but I have a deep respect for the Catholic Church (John Paul II is a great hero of mine). I hope very much that you find what you are looking for here, just as I hope the same for myself.

God bless you!

Back