Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi, it's just us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

LLC3GUYS

I'm a single father with two sons, 8 and 7 years old. We've been on our own since they were 5 and 3. The words, "on our own", explain our lives. Aside from God, we have only each other. Kind of hard when you need a hand, a hug, a word of endearment, etc. We are bound to each other, and to Him, only. A very good thing, except for the lonliness. That I truly cannot get used to. Yes, we attend church regularly. We've tried a few. As hard, and as odd, as it may seem, there is really not a place in the Church for the single-father. As a result, I've learned to make pies and cakes from scratch, reach out with hugs to my sons because I've learned the secret value that all mom's seem to (or should) know, cook meals that don't include fries or buns, wash clothes and clean house (well, I'm still learning to be consistant in that one), and the like. But, most of all, I've learned that I cannot be a mother to my sons. It's not who I am. So, we are like a three legged sheep, kind of forgotten, by all but the Good Shepherd. We're really OK, just a little broken.

Welcome 3GUYS,
hug.gif
Its nice to have you here. And I hope we can offer you the other leg to support you, and the words of endearment and encouragement in times of need. :smt052

Welcome LLC3GUYS! I, too, hope that you can find some friendship and support here. God bless. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back