Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

hi, new here! (obviously!) lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

luv4godremains

hi,
I'm new here,
I guess I kinda get lonely alot, not really knowing anyone in a similar situation to mine when it comes to "health problems" i geuss that's how to put it!
I was wondering if anyone here knows how it feels to struggle with self-injury, and have everyone around you judge you for it, well, the ones that know any way!

Welcome to the forums!! I've never had any experience with the issue that you've referred to but there is likely someone here on the forum that has.

Welcome :angel:
If I understand you correctly, I believe one of our moderators here suffered with that. She is a very sweet caring and funny girl.. :wink: I'm sure she will be in here shortly to welcome you.
In the mean time make yourself at home. And if you need anything just let us know. :wink:

Welcome to the forums.

I pray you find the answers you seek.

For starters trust in God.

Hello Luv,

Welcome here. I will keep you in my prayers, though I do not have any experience with self-injury.

I noticed you are from England...our deepest sympathies and prayers for you country as they deal with the terrorist bombing that have occured there.

Blessings

hey and welcome, i have never hurt myself but i know alot of people who have and unfortunately still do. :crying: but i will be more than happy to talk to you if need to talk!

luv4godremains said:
hi,
I'm new here,
I guess I kinda get lonely alot, not really knowing anyone in a similar situation to mine when it comes to "health problems" i geuss that's how to put it!
I was wondering if anyone here knows how it feels to struggle with self-injury, and have everyone around you judge you for it, well, the ones that know any way!

Hi and Welcome!
action-smiley-069.gif

I used to be a cutter. That was back when I was a teen and also during my first year of marriage. My husband even left me because of it (many other reasons also, but that was one) for a short time until I got myself together. I didn't WANT help and didn't see anything wrong with me since it was MY body and I could do what I wanted to do with it. My whole issue was that it made me feel better. If I upset someone or made them mad, I would do it to discipline myself. Other times, I'd do it for no reason except that it made me feel better. There were also many times that I wanted to just kill myself, but thankfully I never got to that point that I actually tried it.

I was able to keep it so well hidden. I've always been known as being funny, outgoing and I love people. In school nobody could have guessed because "Nikki was always the silly one...making people laugh and smile She was always helping others learn to love themselves".

I sure had them fooled for a while.

One day my mom and I had gone shopping and in the car I went to reach for something. My sleeve pulled up and she saw my arm. She wanted to know what the heck happened. I just burst out crying. She pulled over and frantically started yanking up my other sleeve and I told her everything. I think by that time, I was probably WANTING help. Heck, my husband had left me, I was dating some other guy that treated me like crap, I had lost almost all my friends, I was drinking and pratying non-stop, etc. She went straight to a pay phone and called her doctor demanding that they see me right then and there. So, I got help from that point and soom after, my hubby and I got back together. :biggrin

It was a long, hard road though. The last time I tried to hurt myself was when I was pregnant with my first daughter. UGH. It makes me feel sick and like the most horrible person in the world to think back to that day. I can't remember WHY I got so upset, but I just remember going into a complete rage and I had it in my head that I didn't deserve a baby so that I would stop my pregnancy on my own. I eventually went into preterm labor, but God must have been with me because she was a beautiful, healthy baby when she was born.....LATE! I was put on bed rest at 5 months along, yet she ended up coming a week PAST my due date. After that last "spell" I was fine and now I sit and think back to those days and wonder WHY I ever did such things. I don't really have an explanation except that it made me feel better and I obviously needed help.

I was on antidepressants to help me deal with the cutting, anger and depression. It took a few years before finding something that worked for me (I had to be on something for a while after my daughter was born). I also got saved when my first daughter was 6 months old. :angel: I think that right there was THE help that I needed! I've still had ups and downs with depression, but ever since that day, I've been able to openly talk to God about my problems. I feel like he and I have a wonderful relationship and he is TRULY my savior. Not just spiritually, but physically too. Without him, there's no telling where I'd be right now.

So, I have been cut free for 8 years now! I have a wonderful family, am happy, am going towards my goals in life, and love God. I don't know if your self injury is cutting, self mutilation or what, but there IS help out there. If you want to talk more about it, please pm me! I'll be praying for you.

Nikki said:
luv4godremains said:
hi,
I'm new here,

Hi and Welcome!
action-smiley-069.gif

I used to be a cutter. That was back when I was a teen and also during my first year of marriage. My husband even left me because of it (many other reasons also, but that was one) for a short time until I got myself together. I didn't WANT help and didn't see anything wrong with me since it was MY body and I could do what I wanted to do with it. My whole issue was that it made me feel better. If I upset someone or made them mad, I would do it to discipline myself. Other times, I'd do it for no reason except that it made me feel better. There were also many times that I wanted to just kill myself, but thankfully I never got to that point that I actually tried it.

I was able to keep it so well hidden. I've always been known as being funny, outgoing and I love people. In school nobody could have guessed because "Nikki was always the silly one...making people laugh and smile She was always helping others learn to love themselves".

I sure had them fooled for a while.

One day my mom and I had gone shopping and in the car I went to reach for something. My sleeve pulled up and she saw my arm. She wanted to know what the heck happened. I just burst out crying. She pulled over and frantically started yanking up my other sleeve and I told her everything. I think by that time, I was probably WANTING help. Heck, my husband had left me, I was dating some other guy that treated me like crap, I had lost almost all my friends, I was drinking and pratying non-stop, etc. She went straight to a pay phone and called her doctor demanding that they see me right then and there. So, I got help from that point and soom after, my hubby and I got back together. :biggrin

It was a long, hard road though. The last time I tried to hurt myself was when I was pregnant with my first daughter. UGH. It makes me feel sick and like the most horrible person in the world to think back to that day. I can't remember WHY I got so upset, but I just remember going into a complete rage and I had it in my head that I didn't deserve a baby so that I would stop my pregnancy on my own. I eventually went into preterm labor, but God must have been with me because she was a beautiful, healthy baby when she was born.....LATE! I was put on bed rest at 5 months along, yet she ended up coming a week PAST my due date. After that last "spell" I was fine and now I sit and think back to those days and wonder WHY I ever did such things. I don't really have an explanation except that it made me feel better and I obviously needed help.

I was on antidepressants to help me deal with the cutting, anger and depression. It took a few years before finding something that worked for me (I had to be on something for a while after my daughter was born). I also got saved when my first daughter was 6 months old. :angel: I think that right there was THE help that I needed! I've still had ups and downs with depression, but ever since that day, I've been able to openly talk to God about my problems. I feel like he and I have a wonderful relationship and he is TRULY my savior. Not just spiritually, but physically too. Without him, there's no telling where I'd be right now.

So, I have been cut free for 8 years now! I have a wonderful family, am happy, am going towards my goals in life, and love God. I don't know if your self injury is cutting, self mutilation or what, but there IS help out there. If you want to talk more about it, please pm me! I'll be praying for you.

thanks, I'm getting better, am getting really annoyed with the heat and hate wearing short sleeves bacause of the scars, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

thanks everyone, it's nice to meet you all!

Just remember that there is a REASON as to why you do what you do and that you are NOT crazy. You just need to find a different way to express your anger, hurt, or whatever it is that is casuing you do hurt yourself. If you don't know why you do it, then that's the first step. Finding out WHY you do it.

Here's a site that may be of interest to you:
http://www.behindthebadge.net/cutter/index.html

thanks Nikki

I know a bit of why I do it, but I'll say that in a PM cos I don't feel comfortable telling anyone who reads this! lol, not that I don't trust everyone here, it's just that I don't know them, and you know how it feels to be in this situation!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back