Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How often do you have "date night"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Nikki

Most all doctors say that to maintain a healthy relationship, that you need to get out at least twice a month. It doesn't have to be anything expensive. Just a night without the kids.

Do you find that these "date nights" help your marriage? Does time away from the kids make you feel any different?

It's been pretty rare around here lately because of Husbands job. I would just welcome the time that he can take my sons off my hands and me be completely ALONE!!!!! But yes, we have times of going out together. We live in a rural area and it's fun to just ride around in the woods at night and try to get lost. It never works, we know the area too well. Sometime we'll go to the island and see what we can find to do. Rarely do we plan, we just go when we can. And yes it helps our feelings!

Destiny, I KNOW what you mean! I've been having to work a lot of hours this week and I only work on my hubby's days off, so we haven't seen a whole lot of each other. And I REALLY know what you mean about time for just YOU. Isn't it wonderful to just have some alone time?! Both my parents were in the hospital (my dad had prostate removal to get rid of his cancer and my mom had an unexpected double bypass done) so we haven't had anyone to keep the kids. My parents did have the kids last night, but I had to work till almost 11pm, and then go in to open this morning, so I didn't get to enjoy it.

How old is your son?

My husband and I have been married for almos 10 years. We haven't gone out on many dates lately because we have three 'high maintenance' boys (all of them are ADHD and one has other health issues). We had to go to Toronto in March (this would be the first time we were away from our boys for any period of time since I was in the hospital to deliver them or my husband was hospitalized due to an accident) and looking back on it, we really needed that time away form them to refresh ourselves (maybe not so long, but we still need a mental break form the daily pressures we have).

We went to a marriage conference back in May and the speakrs really drove the message home that each couple should go on at least one date every month - it doesn't have to be expensive (we've gone to the park without our boysjust to get away for a short period of time or out for a coffee), and it is so worth it. In our case, we are better able to cope with all that goes on here. Even one hour makes a huge difference.

I would encourage every married couple to go on at least one date each month. For the sake of your marriage you need to...
Brenda

Hardly ever do we get time alone anymore. *sigh* it would be nice though.

Back