Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study How to Share the Gospel :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey, you "Dried Out Old Corn Cob" For some reason, this post of yours unleashed a bunch of compassion in my heart for you. You and I have been thru some tough times. Your trials outweigh mine by tons and tons. I guess it's because pain is a daily visitor to my body, that I can feel a little of what you're going thru.

It really bothers me that you are suffering so much, and your desire to go Home will, from now on, be my focus in my morning prayers. You have fought a good fight, both spiritually for the Kingdom of God, and for our Country as a warrior for our freedom. I will ask our loving Lord to extend His Right arm of mercy, to call you home, so He can say at last, "welcome Home Bill, My good and faithful Servant."

You're 71 years old, I've got you by a couple of years because I'm 3 days older than dirt!! :lol Well old Buddy, hang in there, it won't be long before you make that trip in the Spirit, to your Heavenly Home where is no more pain. Probably, here on earth, I'll hear your shouts of joy when you see your Master and what He has prepared for you. :sohappy
I know some people that have had it much worse than have but thank you Chopper. But then you know I'm one strange egg because I, like Paul, count it all a blessing as I review my life. I look back at the times I warmed some beans and opened a can of Spam to fry for my sisters, there are so many blessed memories that wipe away the pain.

Thank you for the prayers but my largest concern is my friends, in and out of the ministry. So many pray for the LORD not to take me. One Pastor even prays I will receive my voice back and sing in the Church once again. As much as I love our LORD I do not love what the Church has become and when I gave the idea of Nashville up, I ceased wanting to entertain except in the Old Folks Homes where the hymns ministered to their hearts so much.

Again, may God bless, brother of mine.

I know some people that have had it much worse than have but thank you Chopper. But then you know I'm one strange egg because I, like Paul, count it all a blessing as I review my life. I look back at the times I warmed some beans and opened a can of Spam to fry for my sisters, there are so many blessed memories that wipe away the pain.

Thank you for the prayers but my largest concern is my friends, in and out of the ministry. So many pray for the LORD not to take me. One Pastor even prays I will receive my voice back and sing in the Church once again. As much as I love our LORD I do not love what the Church has become and when I gave the idea of Nashville up, I ceased wanting to entertain except in the Old Folks Homes where the hymns ministered to their hearts so much.

Again, may God bless, brother of mine.

Thanks Bill, you mean so very much to me, I simply want, what the desire of your heart is. Going home is what I long for, as well as you. I'll pray that since our blessed Lord started you out on a mission that no one else was called to, he will do what His plan for your life was and is. He will bring it to the closing bell of His perfect will. It might be to bring you home, or a few more days to serve someone in need. Whatever, His will be done, in Jesus Name, Amen.

I love you, my mighty Friend.
Charlie

I think that in our fervor to witness and share what has given us a sure hope; we do at times get ahead of God, or perhaps use the wrong approach. All too often history has seen a believer " blindly swing the sword of truth," at a sinner or their sin; but end up cutting the heart and soul as much as the sin we want them to find freedom from in Christ. The Word of God is a heavy instrument of spiritual warfare, and there are times when it is simply "too much offense," for the one we are witnessing to. There are times, when as th 1b. taylor alludes to; we do better to simply shine the light, love, truth, peace, and grace into the lives of others; living out the character of Christ. The reason is because due to the very nature of God's Word, it has the inherent ability to bring conviction; especially when a person's life is quite out of alignment with God's will. However, since things of the Spirit are only discerned by those born of the Spirit; it is very easy for the lost to misconstrue this as judgment...thus they often end up rebelling against the attempt to witness. Simply being salt and light is a much finer precision tool that slowly breaks apart the hardness of hearts, is warm and welcoming, and as stated; builds trust to the point an unbeliever will be more willing to accept the Word of God directly. Just as a surgeon uses a scalpel instead of a broadsword; we do well to recognize when a situation calls for delicate approach..and when we need to swing our sword for the fences! Thanks all for your deep insights and wealth of wisdom, you have sharpened my iron today!

With a topic as broad and touchy as sharing the Gospel, it’s no wonder why so many Christ followers recoil when it’s “their turn” to share the Good News to others. One common view of this, which I don’t recommend, is to look at people as sales pitches. Yes, you’ve read that right. If you haven’t heard it before – which is unlikely – then now you know why so many churches appear business-like: They are ran by business values.

Although I believe we can use our business skills to glorify the living God, viewing our friends and family as potential sales pitches is immoral, unloving, and brings zero glory to our heavenly Father. Even if this approach works, it still counts as taking a major a shortcut. We don’t want to be “businessmen in Pentecostal suits.” Our circles of influence aren’t potential customers, they’re souls waiting to be loved and stewarded. Reducing them to sales leads takes away their humanity and erodes the calling God had placed on us: to live in a way that wins people and brings them into relationship with Him.

So, what does that mean for the well-intentioned Christian who’s eager to share the Word? It means that it will take time and ongoing investment. People are not simply extensions of our wills; they are their own individuals, with their own desires, agendas, and reservations. It takes a lot of time and patience to establish trust. Diving into this new venture thinking that it only takes one or two coffee dates to win a soul is terribly misleading for both parties. Try to put yourself in the shoes of a nonbelieving friend. Would you want to be viewed as a ‘project’ to conquer, or a sales lead to convert? Chances are, that would be insulting to you. The same goes for everyone else.

No one wants to be anyone’s project. Everyone appreciates true, genuine friendships. That is what you’re called to do as a disciple of God – establish loving, genuine friendships with the world and be the bridge in which they can meet God. This is why we shouldn’t push people towards the cliff before we’ve established a bridge with them; they will feel betrayed and close themselves off from us. People won’t understand why we’re pushing them towards such a huge commitment when they’re simply not ready for it. I have a close friend who led a nonbeliever into a sinner’s prayer on the first meeting. Needless to say, they never hung out again. By being consistent, steady, and genuine, people will ultimately come to know that your bridge is safe and sturdy enough to cross. They will do this on their own because the Holy Spirit is constantly at work in them.

“But how do I even begin telling people about Christ?” you might ask. At first, mentioning the big JC might be a little awkward for some and a deal breaker for others. Unless you know that your friend is a person of peace (or a person who is open to hearing about God), refrain from overwhelming them with your religious speech. Even if it is done out of pure motives, not respecting the boundaries of others is a sure-fire way to guarantee rebellion. Be sensitive to your level of closeness to the person and share the Gospel accordingly. If there is no bridge built, the only thing your friend will see when you speak of the Almighty God is a silhouette of a faraway, idealistic fantasy. That’s because they don’t know Him close up yet because you haven’t done your job of building the bridge. If you’ve already established a firm friendship with others and the time is ripe for you to tell them about Christ, start with an invitation. For example, you can say, “Hey, are you free this weekend? Would you like to check out my church? I’d love to introduce you to my friends!” Please keep in mind that this attempt will be a lot more successful after you’ve proven that you’re a trustworthy friend.

Often, being Christ to our friends doesn’t even involve us mentioning His name in every opportunity we get. ‘Preying’ for someone who’s at his or her weak point to interject the Gospel can be a very insensitive and unloving move. Just be a true friend and approach him or her without ulterior motives. Your friends will grow to know God as they grow to trust you. Offer prayer, but don’t force it. Always pray for those friends on your own, as we know that our faith can move God to soften hearts.

To share the Gospel successfully, you’ve got to invest time and share your life with people. There are no easy shortcuts to sharing the Gospel. That’s why it’s imperative that you actually have a relationship with God yourself, so you can confidently make your faith public. The light that you have should not be hidden or only expressed when you see that it’s the ‘perfect opportunity’ to inject the Gospel into someone’s wounds. By making it known, on your own platforms, that you are a follower of Christ, your friends and family will already know who you stand for. All you’ve got to do now is build solid bridges.

Written by GirlandTheWord
Jesus stated exactly how to share the gospel.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
St Francis of Assisi said, "Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary, use words."

Don't focus on how to share the Gospel as in, "What will I say?"
Focus on becoming a living gospel.
Practice the virtues until you get good at living according to them.
(Humility, Liberality, Chastity, Mildness, Temperance, Happiness, Diligence)
Then you won't have to worry about how to say what. People will ask you and the Holy Spirit will give you the words.

iakov the fool :confused2

Living a virtuous life is fine, so say the scriptures, but Gandhi and others like him have led a virtuous lives.. they didn't lead people to Jesus..

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back