Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Hummingbird

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

We were at the church for Vacation Bible School when I noticed a hummingbird land on a branch. Then she sat and sat and we realized that she was sitting on her nest.

This is the first time I've ever seen a hummingbird nesting...it's so sweet. The nest is so little, about the size of those "mini" muffins.

View attachment 1997

View attachment 1998

Nice. There is no feeder up this year as this house is for sale. In years past we had alot of the little "Hummers". I liked to stand on a chair with my head about 2-3 feet away from the feeder. As long as perfectly still they would feed, I do have some pics somewhere(?)

I know what you mean, RW....I've stood very still and have had them land on my finger to feed. They have to be used to you...I would stand by their feeder for a while every morning while they feed. Then it's just a matter of getting closer and closer. They're pretty fun.

I especially like it when they fight over the feeders. They get pretty feisty with each other. It's really something when one will get another one down on the ground then zoom back and forth over it's head to keep it there. Then they fly off again, and will feed next to each other.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back