Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I am going through depression, despair and anxiety. I would like a prayer, please.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

sirleibl1

Hello, I am a 17 year old guy that is going through quite a bit of stuff. I am feeling depressed, I feel as if there's no hope for feeling better and I am anxious. My depression is caused by a lot of schoolwork, my peers treats me differently and yet I do nothing for them to treat me differently. I just go to school, do my work and get out of school. That's it. But, peers still treat me like either I don't belong or I should be placed on a pedestal. And I go through a lot at home. Almost every hour in my house, an argument(not a fight) breaks out between my grandfather and my mom. Also, my older brother treats me like mess. And this gets me depressed and despaired because I feel that no one treats me with respect. But, I am still happpy for the things I have. Also, I feel that my mind is playing tricks on me. In my mind, there'ss nothing but despairful and scary thoughts such as thoughts about Hell, scary music plays through my head, and it's nothing but pandemonuium in my mind because no matter how much I pray or use positives to make it go away, the negative and scary thoughts come back. I want to know what's going on. I just want to make sure I'm not losing my faith. I want to be saved from this. Also, feel free to give me a prayer if you like. Also, I will remember to pray for all of you, too.:pray

Re: I am going through depression, despair and anxiety. I would like a prayer, please

You are certainly going through it. :sad Welcome to CFnet. I hope you'll find some encouragement here.

I'm wondering a few things. Have you always felt "alone in a crowd" or has this increased in recent years? Do you have any close friends? Guys don't usually make too much of having close friends, but if you're feeling alienated at school, focusing on the ones who care about you can help. When we try to be appreciated by people as a whole, it will lead to disappointment. We never will be. It's better to accept the fact that you will not be liked by everyone and allow people to be people and not have it affect your own self worth. I know this is hard.

I do believe that almost every teenager feels lonely to a degree or not as confident as they would have you believe. Not all teens, but many of them. If you see people looking like they have it all together, chances are they're putting up a facade. There's a lot of posturing when people see others getting more attention then them. Understand this... this too shall pass. If you hear anyone say high school is the best of times, I would disagree. With all of the pressure to be accepted and appreciated, it is probably one of the worst. I would never want to go back. Soon, you will be moving on to a new phase of life where much of that will be set aside.

I don't want to minimize what you are going through, because you are hurting and only you know how bad it is. Well, not the only one. God has plans for you and He's with you during this season. Consider what the Lord says in Jeremiah.

Jer 29 (NIV)
"11 For I know the plans I have for you,†declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,†declares the LORD"

This was prophesied for Jerusalem, but I believe it applies to us. Prospering can mean different things, but He has a plan, and He is pulling you through His plan. Do you have a pastor, or is there one that you feel comfortable talking with? I would encourage this.

Prayers to you. :pray :pray :pray

Re: I am going through depression, despair and anxiety. I would like a prayer, please

Dude, 17 is a rough age. I mean, life in general has its rough spots, but as I recall..17 is pretty rough.

Pray. Realize that what you're going through is temporary; just do your school work and let your peers do what the will. If your despair gets too intense, try finding a counselor or minister to talk to about things. Read your Bible. Its good that you're a Christian at this age; God will help guide you through this, and when you come out the other end, you'll be a stronger person for it.

I'll be praying for you.

Man I'm praying for you. If you need rest what i do is ask the holy spirit to take over me and sit in silence with its power flowing thru me. it always clams me and being silent alows me to hear God speak to me words of encouragement. Sometimes he tells me what i need to change or let go of and others its what i'm doing right or i should continue doing. God bless you my bother, with love in Christ, Shaun

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back