Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I guess I'm new

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

AdamA

Hi,

I'm new.

A bit about myself I guess. I did a google search for "Christian Forums" and came across here. I found a burning 8 page thread talking about "slain in the spirit," and since I have pretty strong opinions on that I was gonna post but I'll wait unless the issue comes up again.

Anyway, I'm 18, and in my senior year in high school but also am in college since I take all my classes at a local community college. I'll be attending Grove City College in PA next year, maybe the best kept Christian school seceret out there. I also just finished my final year in Awana... been in that program forever! But it is a great program to learn so much of the Bible!

I recently found a version of the Bible called the "ESV" which is similar to NASB but is called a "more readable" version. I believe I agree with people such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, RC Sproul, JI Packer, etc but have yet to read many of their works. I'm thinking of reading something from CS Lewis next such as "Mere Christianity."

I'm quite an avid reader and have read the Lord of the Rings series several times (7?)... I used to read it once every year but stopped last year. I'm in the process of reading all of Charles Dickens' books I can get a hold of. He's my favorite author at the moment.

I also love to play guitar, my primary axe is a Larrivee D-03R, a wonderfully nice guitar, and I am getting back to playing piano after a 6 year break.

My current books in the Bible that I've been reading the most lately: Especially Ephesians, Romans, some John, Colossians, Philippians...

I live 45 minutes north of Seattle, WA, and that is pretty much it for now.

Welcome to the forums AdamA!! 'Mere Christianity' is an excellent book. Also check out the book 'The Screwtape Letters' also by Lewis which is a backwards glance at Christian living from the perspective of a demon while in attempt to disrupt.

Cool beans, Adam! Welcome to this place. I am still relatively new myself and have found this an interesting and diverse place. May God bless all that you do.

Blessings of peace to you~
Blessed

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy “Mere Christianity,†C.S. Lewis is truly a remarkable author and I suggest you read his other Christian based books (such as “Miraclesâ€Â, “The Great Divorceâ€Â, “The Problem of Painâ€Â, “A Grief Observed†and “The Screwtape Lettersâ€Â).

Welcome. My favorite book is the King James bible. Enjoy yourself here...

God bless,

Robert

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back