Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] In need of thoughts and prayers...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

SeanSmith

Hello all, this is my first post here but I hope to post a lot and am glad that I found this forum. My name is Sean, i'm 20 years old from Lansing, Michigan. I am writing for your prayers today for myself.

I have a disability known as OI (osteogenesis imperfecta) and I am in a wheelchair. OI is brittle bones and with that comes a few other disorders I have now, including asthma, restrictive lung disease and scoliosis.

My entire life I always viewed my problems as blessings in disguise from God. I am a writer, musician and cinematographer and I believe I wouldn't have those talents or the outlook on life I have now if it wasn't for my so-called problems.

However now I find myself in a tight and very hard situation. Because of my disability, I can not get into a normal vehicle for transportation. Hence I need a wheelchair accessible van. That provides me mobility, safety and independence. At this time, I am living on my own and have recently become unemployed due to my only vehicle is no longer operating. (it was 16 years old.)

I ask for your prayers and thoughts as I struggle to find a new vehicle. I am currently facing possible eviction due to my unemployment, and I can not afford myself to buy a vehicle either, I pray but I really have no idea what to do. No vehicle prohibits me getting a new job, as well as living a functional life outside of my apartment while I have it. I also can not get to doctors appointments and so on. I am trying every program locally and am having no help come through. I am scared, and ask that you please pray for me as I hope to overcome this somehow. Thank you.

praying for you Sean; that you will receive the support you need and the strength to face this time with the faith you so obviously have.

You know this life "in the world" as it is; is but a fleeting time. One thing that is so great about adversity is that it give us a great opportunity to truly see God's blessings, works and miracles. I know I'm preaching to the choir in telling you that. To have the conditions you describe and to be as independent as you are, is truly one of those blessings and I can tell you walk with God.

I heard Hank Hanegraaff once say; isn't it great how God veils our future? If we could see it we would not be able to face it. That's true of us all. Life is a little like a dark hallway and God gives us just the right amount of hope to light that area where we are. We know that we can carry that light of hope with us to light each and every step we take. We may not know what we will encounter up ahead, but we will have the light to see where we are.

God bless you Sean. Keep your light lit.

I am joining in prayer believing for God's provisional Sean.
Try talking to your Pastor for some ideas and maybe check out social services and see if they can help.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back